Votes: 10 40.0%
  • no

Votes: 15 60.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curpheyy

Reaction score
Yeah I see your point with that and it makes sense. Basically I would have more time to chat crap with my mates while waiting on nukes to rebuild etc.

Yeah, I guess that’s where our view differs. I’ve got my co who I chat shit to with or without the game, when I do talk to the tribe it’s in game mails about support or some shit lol. So, having a longer world doesn’t benefit me in the same sense.

I’d rather win one world with my co, then go straight into another, usually playing with similar people to the previous world. Obviously not everyone will play that second world, but that’s definitely a sacrifice I’d want to make for more exciting worlds lol.

jaguarr

Reaction score
Yeah I see your point with that and it makes sense. Basically I would have more time to chat crap with my mates while waiting on nukes to rebuild etc.
@Damacsta is posting on the externals while flipping burgers at Mcdonalds so I dont see an issue with you talking shit to your mates while playing a speed 2 world.

Curpheyy

Reaction score
Explains why you have slow mode on your tribes discord. Maybe your brain is slow as well.

Outside of your first post, you’ve offered very little to this thread other than just being a prick. Yes, I'm aware that you may not have started it or there are others doing the same thing, but when you're on my side of the argument, enter a healthy discussion I was having with W1RED, and weaken our argument with your pettiness, that's when I need to step in lol.

I suggest you either pipe down or say something constructive because you're putting me off speed two as well. If someone has an issue with the settings suggested then I'd rather they came forward with it so I can explain my point of view, maybe even persuade them that these are the best settings to go for.

The outcome that I don't want from this thread is Inno having to make compromises. Let's use world speed as an example. Most people here seem to want speed two, but there are also those who want speed one. Inno could look at this split and just meet in the middle, let's say 1.6 as there's more that want speed two. This will be too fast for those who want speed one and it's too slow for me as someone who wants to speed two. In a way, everyone here loses. We need to collectively decide on a speed so that Inno don't have to make this choice for us. Hence why I'm putting effort into expressing my view and facilitating a discussion.

This is our chance to get the settings that we want and create a world that is actually fun to play, so just stop being a dick lol.

W1RED

Reaction score
Good post Curpheyy.
Does anyone know what the average speed of a world is these days? I'd be happy to go with that if 1 is too slow for people. I think a quicker than usual world would make this world very similar to classic which can be played at anytime.

Deleted User - 232559

What about further adjusting unit speed to compensate, like they normally aim to have units moving standard mins per field, but what if you went for a world speed of 2 a unit speed of 0.25 or smth, that way you can be a little less in need of a hyperactive account, but still not delay the worlds progression.

Also worth noting, this sorta world is unlikely to feature often, so is a slower longer world the worst option, theirs definitely a argument for slowing it down for peeps to enjoy for longer due to the rarity

Curpheyy

Reaction score
Good post Curpheyy.
Does anyone know what the average speed of a world is these days? I'd be happy to go with that if 1 is too slow for people. I think a quicker than usual world would make this world very similar to classic which can be played at anytime.

Appreciate it, mate.

Just gone on tw stats and found the average world speed since world 40, we're looking at 1.4 unless I typed in a number wrong lol. To me, that's still too slow for a world of this size without pp. Instead of looking at this though, below is the frequency that every speed has come up over this same number of worlds (speed on the left, frequency on the right), so we can see what speeds Inno have favoured:

1 - 5
1.2 - 2
1.3 - 1
1.6 - 1
1.8 - 2
2 - 3

Based on this sample, worlds with speed one have been quite a bit more common than speed two - we need to balance this out a bit more.

Regarding your point about classic, I definitely see why you feel it would be similar. The key difference with classic is that those worlds are probably about a third of the size of normal worlds, maybe less - don't quote me on that. Let's consider that classic worlds take a few months to complete on speed four. If a world is three times the size of that and a quarter of the speed, I just think it'll last way too long for people to remain interested. Two years minimum wouldn't be an unrealistic guess. There are obviously a small group of players that want a world to last that long and I don't think it's a bad thing to feel that way, but I just can't see a world like that being successful on this server.

What about further adjusting unit speed to compensate, like they normally aim to have units moving standard mins per field, but what if you went for a world speed of 2 a unit speed of 0.25 or smth, that way you can be a little less in need of a hyperactive account, but still not delay the worlds progression.

I'd be lying if I said I'd put too much thought into unit speed. If I had my ideal world, I'd like this to be quicker as well, between 0.8-1. I'd much rather have nobles travelling at 25 minutes per field than an hour, for example. Once again, this higher speed is just more enjoyable for me. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a speed two world with above 0.5 unit speed in ages, if ever. I'd personally like to try it out because I truly believe that a fast world will encourage more fighting, purely because it's more fun when attacks are quicker. I'd like a world where we can have fun fighting, rather than putting it off and waiting for a merge at the end, and the only world I've played in the last two years which didn't end in a merge was classic. I fear that a slower unit speed may make defending way too easy for anyone who's even slightly active, going back to the idea that people will get bored of the world not progressing and put less effort in after a while, leading to tribes wanting to merge and get it over with. Let's reward those who are active and put a lot of effort into the game.

Also worth noting, this sorta world is unlikely to feature often, so is a slower longer world the worst option, theirs definitely a argument for slowing it down for peeps to enjoy for longer due to the rarity

I think the issue here is that players won't be enjoying it. The world may be going on for longer, but after a while, boredom is definitely going to creep in. The best comparison that I can think of is a TV series that has just gone on way too long. The first few seasons were great, people wanted more, then it just got repetitive, it was obvious that they'd run out of ideas and people slowly stopped watching. In this case, if the creators had chosen to just end it after the first few seasons, the series, on the whole, would be remembered in a much better light. In terms of tw, the longer the world is stretched out, the less enjoyable it'll be, meaning more quitters.

I'm obviously only speaking on behalf of myself here and generalising based on what a few others here have said, so I'd appreciate it if others put their point of view across regarding everything I've said.

Do you think two years is a realistic time frame when looking at a speed one world without pp? Is this how long you want a world to be? Do you feel like you'd be enjoying the world for longer or do you think you'd get bored?

Do you feel like a slower unit speed would be beneficial or do you think it'd harm the pace of the world too much?

Last edited:

jaguarr

Reaction score
Appreciate it, mate.

Just gone on tw stats and found the average world speed since world 40, we're looking at 1.4 unless I typed in a number wrong lol. Instead of looking at this though, below is the frequency that every speed has come up over this same number of worlds (speed on the left, frequency on the right):

1 - 5
1.2 - 2
1.3 - 1
1.6 - 1
1.8 - 2
2 - 3

Based on this sample, worlds with speed one have been more common than speed two.

Regarding your point about classic, I definitely see why you feel it would be similar. The key difference with classic is that those worlds are probably about a third of the size of normal worlds, maybe less - don't quote me on that. Let's consider that classic worlds take a few months to complete on speed four. If a world is three times the size of that and a quarter of the speed, I just think it'll last way too long for people to remain interested. Two years probably wouldn't be an unrealistic guess. There are obviously a small group of players that want a world to last that long and I don't think it's a bad thing to feel that way, but I just can't see a world like that being successful on this server.

I'd be lying if I said I'd put too much thought into unit speed. If I had my ideal world, I'd like this to be quicker as well, between 0.8-1. I'd much rather have nobles travelling at 25 minutes per field than an hour, for example. Once again, this higher speed is just more enjoyable for me. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a speed two world with above 0.5 unit speed in ages, if ever. I'd personally like to try it out because I truly believe that a fast world will encourage more fighting, purely because it's more fun when attacks are quicker. I'd like a world where we can have fun fighting, rather than putting it off and waiting for a merge at the end. I fear that a slower speed may make defending way too easy for anyone who's even slightly active, going back to the idea that people will get bored of the world not progressing and put less effort in after a while, leading to tribes wanting to merge and get it over with. Let's reward those who are active and put a lot of effort into the game.

I think the issue here is that players won't be enjoying it. The world may be going on for longer, but after a while, boredom is definitely going to creep in. The best comparison that I can think of is a TV series that has just gone on way too long. The first few seasons were great, people wanted more, then it just got repetitive, it was obvious that they'd run out of ideas and people slowly stopped watching. In this case, if the creators had chosen to just end it after the first few seasons, the series, on the whole, would be remembered in a much better light. In terms of tw, the longer the world is stretched out, the less enjoyable it'll be.

I'm obviously only speaking on behalf of myself here and generalising based on what few others here have said, so I'd appreciate it if others put their point of view across regarding everything I've said.

Do you think two years is a realistic time frame when looking at a speed one world without pp? Is this how long you want a world to be? Do you feel like you'd be enjoying the world for longer or do you think you'd get bored?

Do you feel like a slower unit speed would be beneficial or do you think it'd harm the pace of the world too much?
I played w50 on us and 1.5 speed is too slow for a non PP world, everyone is overflowing with res and they have 50 hours queues on stables.barracks and 35 hours queues on HQs. And most players that play speed 1-1.2 end up quitting because worlds take too long, so what's the point of having a milestone world with speed 1-1.2 when most of the players will end up quitting and a lot of players not joining because the world speed is too low for them.

jaguarr

Reaction score
Also I think some players are forgetting that there won't be any events in this world so you wont be able to mint coins with flag boosters and have a lot of nobles and speed up the world. It will take us a month to even get to the noble stage , and if you lose your nuke you will need another 2-3 weeks depending on your stables/barracks to get your nuke back. No point for me playing a world that will take me 1/2 months to noble a village and a it will take 1+ year to end. And if you get catted early game there is no coming back. Would you play a world like that?

This is w50 on us with 1.5 speed , you can see how long it takes to upgrade your builds ,recruit troops .

Attachments

• 1607206639495.png
    1607206639495.png
    779.3 KB · Views: 6

Damacsta

Reaction score
Jag, your points seem to contradict each other.

The speed is so slow so people won't have enough nobles.

The speed is so slow that my res will be overflowing and my queues will be full.

Saying most people quit a speed 1 world is odd, given we've just seen that it's been the most common speed over the last 13 worlds. I'm sure it's in the teams best interests to put out worlds that people actively play, so speed 1 worlds can't be that bad for player retention, right?

Ultimately speed is relative, on a speed 1 world if I lose my nuke before getting a 2nd village I will be set back the same amount as a speed 2 world where I lost my nuke before second village - relative to every other player.

Personally I prefer faster worlds, as it seems that once you get some momentum going, you can really capitalize on it and roll forward, but speed 1 does lend itself to a more tactical approach, you have more time to think out each step before making it.

I don't think it's too worth breaking down, people will have a preference based on their lifestyle/the style of game they prefer. A forum post likely won't change it.

Sincerely,

Stupid as fuck
Little bitch
Mcflipper

No identity

Reaction score
Going from my experience of playing a speed 1 world, it was horribly boring and the majority of the world quit or got rimmed through boredom etc. The more competitive worlds of late have all been worlds with a decent speed, this being a milestone world it seems fitting that the settings should match what the majority of the player base enjoy playing. I imagine they want to try and entice as many people as possible to play this world so this seems like the natural move.

Also @Damacsta looking at your last attempt of a speed 1 world you seem to get cleaned up pretty easy. So I’m not sure a speed 1 would benefit you either. I have to say I feel like you’re disagreeing/making an argument out of spite and I find it hard to believe that you would prefer a speed 1 based on your previous attempts at this speed.

Last edited:

Damacsta

Reaction score
Also @Damacsta looking at your last attempt of a speed 1 world you seem to get cleaned up pretty easy. So I’m not sure a speed 1 would benefit you either. I have to say I feel like you’re disagreeing/making an argument out of spite and I find it hard to believe that you would prefer a speed 1 based on your previous attempts at this speed.

Hiya No Id,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my stats, but if you check out my post I said I prefer faster rounds.

Cheers,

Stupid as fuck
Little bitch
Mcflipper

No identity

Reaction score
Hiya No Id,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my stats, but if you check out my post I said I prefer faster rounds.

Cheers,

Stupid as fuck
Little bitch
Mcflipper
So may I ask, why is this discussion still on going? This only further makes me think you’re carrying this on out of spite. You seem to be making a case for why we should play speed 1 when you also want a faster world.....

Damacsta

Reaction score
Hiya No Id,

I am simply picking up on discussion points raised by jaguarr and discussing them further.

I hope this is ok, and you will allow me to continue discussing topics on a discussion post.

You'll also notice in my post, I said it's probably not worth discussing the speed setting in large detail, as people will have their own preference based on lifestyle and the style of game they prefer, and forum posts likely won't change it.

So I believe we're in agreement, are we not?

Kind Regards,

Stupid as fuck
Little bitch
Mcflipper

No identity

Reaction score
Hiya No Id,

I am simply picking up on discussion points raised by jaguarr and discussing them further.

I hope this is ok, and you will allow me to continue discussing topics on a discussion post.

You'll also notice in my post, I said it's probably not worth discussing the speed setting in large detail, as people will have their own preference based on lifestyle and the style of game they prefer, and forum posts likely won't change it.

So I believe we're in agreement, are we not?

Kind Regards,

Stupid as fuck
Little bitch
Mcflipper
I just find it a bit contradicting but discuss as you wish although I find it pointless that this is still on going.

Also this could impact the decision in regards to the settings on the world. If you read the full post, booky has asked for proposed settings.

Curpheyy

Reaction score

Fuck me, how hard was it to not be a complete cock?

W1RED was saying he preferred a slower speed world, so we were having a discussion. D1 came in and said a slower world may be beneficial, I argued the point for faster worlds but wanted other people's input, so it's not just me speaking on behalf of everyone. Damacsta simply responded with his opinion, where he did in fact say he preferred faster worlds. Get off his arse.

As you find it pointless that we're still discussing, let me repeat myself. If we have some people saying they want a faster world and some people wanting a slower world, there's a chance that settings are created that try to find a compromise and meet in the middle. I want to do everything I can to avoid this as it benefits no one and that's the point I need to nail home. In terms of speed, we either need it fast or slow, in the middle shouldn't be an option. If you want to risk this happening then that's on you, but this is absolutely not pointless.

I respect Damacsta's point about how forum posts probably can't change opinions and this is true to an extent. However, I would like to think that, after hearing some of the points discussed, people who didn't want a faster world are more open to it now, rather than rejecting it.

No identity

Reaction score
This post is becoming more and more pointless imo, I’ll leave you two to discuss as you wish......

I’ll always say it as I see it, so if you think that’s being a cock then that’s on you. :rolleyes: Also if you hadn’t noticed from previous forum posts, W1red, D1 just enjoy disagreeing with what me and Jag say regardless of the subject.

Also I don’t respect snakey people, so maybe that influences my opinion and the reason I show no respect to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.