UK10 Survey

DeletedUser5582

Isn't point 3 just a temporary lifting? It isn't a complete change in the settings as would be reinstalled after the 1st mega villa is nobled.

I say this only as have seen other worlds go off on a tangent when having a poll and it ends badly (prams and toys) so even if you are against Point 3 don't make this the basis of your vote and remind yourself is just until the 1st mega villa falls. If it is a game changer then am sure the big two's leaders can agree between themselves that they will make no changes to their tribes if they want to agree to Points 1 and 2. Just don't let it cloud everything or make the thread mislead folks.

Finally, there is no point in requesting other changes to world settings as isn't going to happen so debate the 3 points raised and make sure all are clear in their own minds before voting.

DeletedUser

**throws toys out of pram aggressively**

Finally, there is no point in requesting other changes to world settings as isn't going to happen so debate the 3 points raised and make sure all are clear in their own minds before voting.

Sorry my post was misleading. I was not trying to get other changes to the settings, my points was merely to highlight the absurdness in trying to implement a change in the fundamental settings of this world, especially at this stage of the world. There are many other settings on this world, which most people playing would actually want, but will never be changed. Why change this one? Whats the reason for this? It's like removing all barbs from a world 2 years into a world. It's so fundamental to the way the world will be played and how it was setup.

I feel your comment actually reinforces my point on the rarity of changing a world setting, but yet it seems like it will happen on this world.

The very fact that this was put to a vote has made me lose respect for the in game staff. I've greatly admired the staunch consistancy they've shown on other worlds, such as;

UK6 - refused to change the way voting system was done regarding closing the world. Resulted in hundreds of players voting that would never impact on the world, as it's dominated by two tribes for a long time.

UK8 - Jo, you know more about this than me, but the many many many attempts by players to change the settings met with an iron fisted refusal. You'll say that was a victory setting, I say it's similar in it's importance.

UK9 - Many players asked for the settings to be changed regarding the barbs and speed, and then most vehemently about the unobtainable winning conditions. Again flatly refused.

Now UK10 - the settings will be changed. The countless small players stuck in small tribes, eager to escape their tribes, will decide on a setting which should not even be put to the vote. This was decided when the world was announced.

Isn't point 3 just a temporary lifting? It isn't a complete change in the settings as would be reinstalled after the 1st mega villa is nobled.

I couldn't disagree more with this point. Even if the change is only present for 1 hour, it changes the world vastly. Each tribe has spent months working and getting ready for this tribe lock. A lot of forethought and thinking went into every single member. Any tribe now can kick their inactives, replenish their tribe with new recruits - even recruits in each others territory. On a normal world this would be fine. On this world it messes with everything, and the very reason a lot of players joined this world.

I say this only as have seen other worlds go off on a tangent when having a poll and it ends badly (prams and toys) so even if you are against Point 3 don't make this the basis of your vote and remind yourself is just until the 1st mega villa falls. If it is a game changer then am sure the big two's leaders can agree between themselves that they will make no changes to their tribes if they want to agree to Points 1 and 2. Just don't let it cloud everything or make the thread mislead folks.

I think you have to make each point a basis for your voting. If you feel against one of the points, you really should vote no, as it will get enforced. Theres no point in voting for something you don't want changed on the world.

The chances of both tribes agreeing to keep the status quo is as likely as Adellion quitting tribalwars :icon_biggrin: .

This rule, make no mistakes about it, will give advantages to those tribes suffering from activity, spying, and poor tribe morale. It hinders those tribes who have tried very hard to counter these problems. It completely flips the world on it's backside, and reshuffles the basis for many players joining this world.

To be honest, I usually take most of these things on the chin, and accept thats the way it is. I've seen plenty of bad ideas, bad decisions etc. I never complain, never even bother to vent my frustration on the externals. It's rare you'll see me complaining on any thread to be honest - I always try to just get on with it in game.

However I feel so strongly with this one, and am so confused about the reasoning behind even putting it to vote, I felt I had to post my thoughts. I'm sorry Jo if this is throwing my toys from my pram, but sometimes you have to express your opinions.

DeletedUser3371

I'm not sure how valid my opinion will be since I am not playing 10 but I do feel that this thread is in need of that precious old chestnut, that only a minority of players use these forums.

Changes 1 and 2 are, I agree, from everything I have read and as already stated by many, 'game changers'. It will be a different world from the 1 expected and planned for, once they are implemented, but in the overall scheme of things you guys are a tiny fraction of those playing the world.

I wholehearted admit if I was leading a tribe on UK10 at the moment I would be tearing my hair out over how much work will need to be forgotten and re-started all over again with a new lock down date.

That said, the game has changed for every single player and since the goal posts , so to speak have been moved, isn't it only fair to give every player on the world, the chance to re-assess his position in it.

To those leaders who are feeling hard done by. Surely, if you have already done the ground work well enough, then you only face strengthening and perfecting your current tribe line-ups.
The changes will affect everybody and will bring new challenges to every tribes leadership and as with all struggles for domination it is where the toughest test of a tribes abilities to adapt and over come should be.

Honestly, I imagine when you guys finally can look back on this world you will remember it fondly because of the very difficulties these changes present.

Just to finish off, most of you guys griping know just how hard the TW team work to bring us very varied and different settings on the UK server. It is disappointing to see how few remember those very things we find compelling about the UK server, are never likely to run as smoothly as the tried and tested. Though for many here, those very same things are right at the top of the list regarding why it is such an enjoyable place to play.

DeletedUser

I doubt the unlock is going to be a short term change! It may be months before the first mega village is nobled :S N i agree its not fair at all to unlock for even 2 mins! The problem that has arisen could have simply been solved by saying right from now on no external sits (a setting that should have been in from the start!) thats it! I don't see why anything else needs fiddled with!

DeletedUser7369

Well given that Laura and I both think tribelock should stay and Gixxer thinks it should maybe we do have a situation whereby leaders of both major tribes can agree that no changes will be made.....

DeletedUser

well in theory, if the tribe lock is lifted, it will give both tribes a chance to have a summer clear out getting rid of any dead wood, so that is a positive but it will also encourage members to leave and quit the game, so there is a negative, my views on this are mixed

DeletedUser

well. i think we need the tribe lock lifted, clear the dead wood, as for the negative above, they would only sit there and fester in the tribe for 4 weeks before being deleted for inactivity.

this would help the smaller tribes masively.

GIXXER

UK10 Winner
Reaction score
Well given that Laura and I both think tribelock should stay and Gixxer thinks it should maybe we do have a situation whereby leaders of both major tribes can agree that no changes will be made.....

There is but only 2 super powers on uk 10.

Rank Tribe Points Villages
1 W.A.R 22,031,806 2,492
2 evoLTR 19,970,980 2,247
3 Wolves 1,328,136 252
4 -RB- 1,028,929 187
5 =KN= 739,662 152

We are the only 2 tribes that actually stand a chance of winning this world. Both Clara and I agree with you that tribelock should stand.

DeletedUser7369

1 W.A.R 22,031,806 2,492
3 Wolves 1,328,136 252
4 -RB- 1,028,929 187
5 =KN= 739,662 152

We are the only 2 tribes that actually stand a chance of winning this world. Both Clara and I agree with you that tribelock should stand.

see, we found common ground. Next thing we should do is have a nakey dance in one of baldrix villages and then when you kick us out you can show them how you did it.

DeletedUser7369

think you missed the first showing but we will add more dates if there is sufficient interest.

on topic - good move mods with the second survey.

DeletedUser

Yes I would like to thank the mods for the new voting survey, and applaud their willingness to listen to the players on this world.

Thanks.

DeletedUser7369

I am intrigued who voted to remove the lock as i thought it would be all noes

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1 W.A.R 22,031,806 2,492
3 Wolves 1,328,136 252
4 -RB- 1,028,929 187
5 =KN= 739,662 152

that is because you only attack players with 1 village, or tribes with 3 players. you are incapable of attacking a player your size or bigger....... a world with no moral loss is like beating up a midget and thinking you are hard......:lol:

DeletedUser

I am intrigued who voted to remove the lock as i thought it would be all noes

anyone with an ounce of sense outside the top 5 tribes should have voted to remove the lock for at least enough time to clear inactives etc.

DeletedUser

that is because you only attack players with 1 village, or tribes with 3 players. you are incapable of attacking a player your size or bigger....... a world with no moral loss is like beating up a midget and thinking you are hard......:lol:

Discrimination right there, tut tut.
Midgets aren't necessarily weak.
Big things come in small packages my man.

DeletedUser7369

anyone with an ounce of sense outside the top 5 tribes should have voted to remove the lock for at least enough time to clear inactives etc.

Anyone in a tribe outside of the top 5 IS inactive so that just wouldnt work.

DeletedUser

GIXXER is a player of immense talent. Show some respect. How dare you suggest that? That is totally wrong, he has, does, and continues to attack players that are bigger than him, same size as him, and other players in the top-20 who have more OD than him, yet holds his own.

I reiterate, show some respect.

Last edited by a moderator: