UK13 Player of the Year 2013

DeletedUser8195

We used to do this on UK4 and it started some good discussions and got players on both sides talking together which was nice. :) copy and pasted this from the UK4 forum and I've added a few from the UK6 awards too. :) enjoy!

Now we are approaching the end of the year I have decided to try and resurrect these forum with an end of year award.

Points will be allocated as follows:-

Pick 1 = 5pts
Pick 2 = 3pts
Pick 3 = 1pt

Points will be totted up just before The Christmas Break kicks in. If both tribes can please get as many members as possible to participate to try bring some more fun to this forum. :)

Who are the 3 people in order you believe to be the best in your own tribe? (This does not have to mean the highest rankings but those who are all-round worthy of being called one of the better players within your tribe)

1)

2)

3)

Who are the 3 people in order you believe to be the best in your enemies tribe?

1)

2)

3)

Who are the three people within your tribe that you believe are needed in all tribes to be a success? (This again does not mean the best 3 players but could be the kind of players who do a lot of work that go unnoticed like sitting a lot etc but are the kind of player all successful tribe need within their ranks)

1)

2)

3)

Finally, out of the remaining players left on UK13. Who is the one player from both side you believe is the difference between winning and losing this war? (In other words if they left the game, then their loss would be devastating to your tribes chances of winning. Again this does not have to mean the highest ranked player/s)

-

-

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

-

-

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

-

-

Forum Presence
(only one)

-

-

Personality
(only one)

-

-

-

-

DeletedUser12541

This will be rather biased as I haven’t played against/with quite a lot of 13, so it’s merely on stats and what I have seen.

Who are the 3 people in order you believe to be the best in your own tribe? (This does not have to mean the highest rankings but those who are all-round worthy of being called one of the better players within your tribe)

1)hawk

2)haphaz

3)andy

1)joby

2)d1

3)zz

Who are the three people within your tribe that you believe are needed in all tribes to be a success? (This again does not mean the best 3 players but could be the kind of players who do a lot of work that go unnoticed like sitting a lot etc but are the kind of player all successful tribe need within their ranks)

1)haphaz

2)sb

3)cheetah

Finally, out of the remaining players left on UK13. Who is the one player from both side you believe is the difference between winning and losing this war? (In other words if they left the game, then their loss would be devastating to your tribes chances of winning. Again this does not have to mean the highest ranked player/s)

-haphaz

-d1

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

-d1

-hap

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

-hap

-joby

Forum Presence
(only one)

-

-

Personality
(only one)

-davelongshanks

-joby

-haphaz

-d1

DeletedUser8195

(Dan you can put some explanations in if you want *hint hint* frickin noob)

DeletedUser

1) aide454, his determination is phenomenal. And when given a chance, will plough through anything put infront of him, he's proven able to push XpRd around a bit, but remains limited to the rim occasionally.

2) HB30.06, Another attacking force to reckon with. While under the radar as he may say, XpRd really haven't enjoyed his presence when being attacked, I'm sure they would back up :)

3)
d1mension - King of Noobs, egotistical sure.. With good reason? Perhaps ;) A much more defensive type player to the tribe, always helping out here and there. Whilst XpRd may cat down his vills, they wont take his motivation down :)

1) SteamTRAIN - Since they've taken over the account growth has been tremendous. When attacking HELP! they have appeared to be ruthless, as their stats may show!

2) haphaz - Rank 1 by a mile, enough said.

3)
sb007ck - Makes enemies life a misery! Timing is his specialty, and early mornings even more!! Doesn't like failure and his stats work out to be a success, always been a big thorn in HELP!s side.

1) d1mension - Duke, annoying but inspiring :) He will not quit! His account has been more abused than any others, but as his ODD shows will not budge. XpRd are going to have a hard time removing this player!

2) aide454 - In the background, but there when you need him. Extremely committed, can easily say some of us wouldn't be here without him :)

3)
abbster - Picks you up when you're down, social side to TW is the best side :)

- aide454 - Just one of those players, wouldn't think is needed 100% until they're gone!

- Haphaz - Massive, and controls the biggest section of XpRd frontline with HELP! If these 20m points were to vanish, XpRd would be in for a shock! Could be the tipping point in the war.

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

- d1mension - Would get an earful if he wasn't put here. Rank 1 ODD by a clear mile, and this is efficiently using troops to their maximum potential.. knows what he's doing. :)

- Cheetah277 - Doesn't always rely on stacks, snipes and can use troops efficiently. It's painful when you get sniped often, to then try nuke nobling, to overnoble yourself and be recapped!!

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

- haphaz - Mass nukeage = win. Simon & Haps purge their way through enemy lines and do not like to accept no for an answer. Backed up by her stats, carries about 1/4 (25%) of conquers by Xprd against HELP!

- HB30.06 - This guy will raid you and not stop til he gets what he wants :)

Forum Presence
(only one)

- d1mension - Loud mouth ;) W13 would be a bore without his threads!

- SteamTRAIN - Insults the mods. Had the whole of HELP! giggling various nights. ;)

Personality
(only one)

- SteamTRAIN

- Zipperty Zog/WeekendWarrior

- Maxine. <3
Simultaneously rank 1 on UK4 & UK6, for starters.. Wubb ya

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1) Joby - Amazing Player, great guy and always helps out.

2) Hb - Love this guy, woulda followed him anywhere when left Bc, quality player even if his builds look crazy :p

3) D/Aide - Had to pick em all. D is because he simply puts so much effort in and refuses to give up on things, Aide is because he's a really well rounded player and again always helps the tribe, quality players both.

1) Hap - Nearly 20m, kinda speaks for itself and the fact she/simon bulldoze through just about everyone.

2)Cheetah/Hawk? - Always times really well when i get the odd fakes/nukes here and there.

3) Tough one I'll Say Steam, having seen him personally as hes not near me, but have seen the incs on other accounts and clearly is a very good player, his attitude just kinda makes it that much better cos hes fun ;)

1) Ree(Ww) - Does everything and never moans, super team player.

2) Aide - Same as above, absloute Legend.

3) Joby - Nuff Said.

Tbf i could name various others in this as our group is a very tight knit group who stick together even though we have less players, less vills etc. Committed bunch.

- Hap - Honestly think Xprd would be beatable without her/simon. As it would realise ALOT of accounts onto those less active/less skilled Xprd accounts hiding at the back.

- Hmmm Tough to say, I'd probs say It's D, purely because he wants to win so much. But close call.

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

- Ummm Out of those ive Hit, Hap. But i hear Hawk is very good?

- Between Joby and D Close Call.

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

- Hap no question, much more unpredictable, and much more force.

- Joby - Pretty sure hes taken vills of most accounts down there.

Forum Presence
(only one)

- Gotta be Me Surely ;)

-

Personality
(only one)

- Gonna go with Steam always makes me laugh.

- Dan (Abbster)/Ree(Ww)

- Hmm Rep I'd Say Hawk as i hear ALOT of good stuff about the people on this account, but obviously being at opposite ends very rarely do i see them.

-

DeletedUser

1) Joby - He's just amazing!

2) aide - Always help with as much as he can!

3) Between d and Chris - Going on the idea of joint attacks in the northern sector. Both help alot!

1) Hapz - Just munches through everything and everyone

2) Steam - Seen the growth rate lately? Kinda says it all.

3) Between andy, hawk and cheetah - Not had much action with any of them but from some of the comments I've read those three should be here.

1) aide - All round great team player, helps with as much as he can.

2) d1 - annoying at times but is good at keeping the team together and makes sure things are sorted.. most times.

3) Joby - Inspirational the majority of the time when he isn't moaning to me :D

- Hapz - 20m down the drain if they left?? That would give us in HELP! a big advantage.

- d1 - Although we would still be organised, it just wouldn't be the same and I reckon we would all be demoralized.

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

- Joby - That Op!

- Cheetah - Tough one to be honest. I've only hit ISO so if I have to choose someone out of what others have said. It would be cheetah as Joby mentioned above, he doesn't rely on stacks.

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

- Gotta be the Joby duo again - Taking villages whilst being opped

- Hapz - Crushes all resistance I have seen so far.

Forum Presence
(only one)

- Don't talk to him but gotta be Steam. His comments always make us lot in HELP! laugh!

- d1 - Even though he's always argumentative, he does make the forums interesting

Personality
(only one)

- Steam again with his comments on here

- Zip/Ree - Always a laugh to talk to.

- Rep eh?? Well I'm gonna say Joby. If someone came onto the world, you'd here a lot about Joby, whether he's annoying cause you can't get rid of him or he's awesome cause of his own forum 'Black Joby' in the Tavern on here. Everywhere ya go, you'll here of him :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12541

I feel like this is a school report at the end of the year and I am getting the "class clown" badge. I didn't realise that I made you guys laugh that much :p

Also as a side note, I only grew that quick because I am currently feeding my troopers steroids. They be beefed.

DeletedUser8195

You don't make me laugh Dan, I just pity you for how pathetic you are.

Hehe.

DeletedUser12541

Do you guys see what I have to put up with?! Maxine, be quiet and make me a sandwich.

*Waits for fireworks to erupt*

DeletedUser12649

Id vote for myself in all categories. (does that count) Ive even nobled myself and stacked against myself so that counts as opposition :)

DeletedUser

1) Joby97
It really doesn't matter which co either, both are phenomenal players.

2)
aide454
Very, very good in everything he puts his hand to.

3)
d1mension
Really knows his stuff

1)
Haphaz
How far ahead they are in terms of villa/points really speaks for itself

2)
Hawk 01
Slipped across the Southern rim so quickly no one could get sorted in time to stop it

3)
markffct8
Not the first world I've seen him perform well on

Who are the three people within your tribe that you believe are needed in all tribes to be a success?(This again does not mean the best 3 players but could be the kind of players who do a lot of work that go unnoticed like sitting a lot etc but are the kind of player all successful tribe need within their ranks)

1)
WeekendWarrior
Ree really puts her all into this game

2)
Joby97
The tribes glue

3)
aide454
Always makes himself available

Joby97

Haphaz

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

Joby97 That was one hell of a defensive showing during XPRDs op

andyh370
Great stats

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)Joby97 No I haven't been paid

Hawk 01
Works a lot from very locally (literally caught me napping one day)

Forum Presence
(only one)

d1mension
Hilarious

Personality
(only one)

Zipperty Zog
Great fella
(Shame I couldn't pick more for this one as Mute, WeekendWarrior & Joby are great people too)

Hawk 01
Pretty daunting, from what I've heard and seen

DeletedUser4753

1) Weekend warrior, no ego and puts a shift in

2)
aide454, has shown impressive growth and does have a mega skill set not to mention commitment

3) abbster, very impressed by this persons ability despite a smaller account, also has a leadership flare which is nice

1) Hawk 01 i think, seems to be one of the few players capable of takin vills of off good help players despite not having thier main core anywhere near a fl,

2) steam train, good growth, good aggression, dunno bout ability but seem to av done alright

3) cheetah, he's not a bad timer or sniper from what ive seen, one of the few xprd players that doesnt rely on size to do the job

Who are the three people within your tribe that you believe are needed in all tribes to be a success?(This again does not mean the best 3 players but could be the kind of players who do a lot of work that go unnoticed like sitting a lot etc but are the kind of player all successful tribe need within their ranks)

1) krunt duke and has given alot of structure to my role also

2) weekend warrior troops or time, hers are used everywhere

3) hb/mute sorry cant pick one but thier role in the south is pretty crucial to the tribes shape

krunt, as above^
steamTRAIN, the east is full of noobs bar this chap, he goes n chris n co would do a number on alot of the peeps imo

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

so tempted to break the non name self rule :D, gunna say magic mute, compared to the resources other hit account have had he has done well, also most players if under attack go into defense mode till the attacks cease, which wud be no good if xprd were good attackers

errr think most are poor, as in if didnt have size wudnt get away with it, errr hawk 01, timing = ability to snipe so guess he wud be one of the better defenders

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

krunt oda a mile infront for a long long time and would of maintained its position without the ban

steamtrain, i think lol

Forum Presence
(only one)

zipperty zog, usualy funny n intrestin

Personality
(only one)

toon, luv that lad

krunt, former rank 1 and rank 1 oda

DeletedUser10619

1) Haphz - Just grows and grows and grows

2) Steamtrain - Really good couple of guys on it, they just keep on going and going, a real motivating presence

3) Hawk 01 - Got lots of time for the players on this account. Whilst having fantastic growth themselves, always has time to help others

1) Joby97 - Clearly the best player in Help! And seem to be nice people too.

2) Zipperty Zog - Kept going when others may have folded.

3) ?????? - Looked for a third person here, but to be honest I couldnt separate the "quality", so didnt feel justified naming anyone

1) Haphaz - Really for the same reasons as above. Every tribe needs players who are just going to get on and get the job done.

2) Steamtrain - Same reasons as before. Tribes need people who are always looking to push their particular area along, and try to involve others in ops etc.

3) Hawk 01 - Has done a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes and is always a good council for airing thoughts and bouncing ideas off

I cannot answer this question. We are a team, a good bunch of players that work hard and back each other up. No one player is responsible for us being so far ahead in the war. If any of our players swapped sides or quit, we would still win the war, it may just take a little bit longer. "One man does not make a war"

With regard to Help!s players, I've been told I have to sit on the naughty step if i say not nice things...........

Best defender
(one from each tribe)

XpRd - Everyone defends in different ways, but overall I would

Help! - Well this has to go to Joby97. His defending against our Op, was very good indeed.

Best Attacker
(one from each tribe)

- We have a lot of good aggressive players, but the ODA doesnt lie - Haphaz

- Again this goes to Joby. Constantly proactive, constantly looking for opportunites, and when that isnt there, well they don what every other Help! player does.

Forum Presence
(only one)

Well I guess D1mension wins this one hands down. Shame he constantly sounds like an idiot

Personality
(only one)

Zipperty seems to have a pleasant and funny way about him, I can imagine he'd be a nice guy to have a chat down the pub with.

-

As its what you do and not what you say that gains one a positive reputation I give this to team Haphaz

DeletedUser4753

haha well atleast you gave it a crack, other than that ill save my thoughts on pnp/ignorance elsewhere

DeletedUser12541

In my oh so humble opinion, I really don't believe ODA is a measure on attacking quality. Being able to throw 100 nukes at someone isn't necessarily a skill. I feel that if sparing less nukes and getting more villages (against a better player) is better. As it shows that the defender can't tell train over fake train, nuke over fake ect ect. So active village takes/oda would be more of a measure of skill. But you couldn't put a figure on how many active villages as the defender could have quit.

But still a very interesting read. I do still think that hap has put in a lot more effort in the tribe against help than any other. They have taken 3* more help villages than anyone else.

DeletedUser4753

they are also 3x the size of any help player lol, as ive always said bout hap

a for effort, maybe like c/d for ability, im sorry but any player who cant snipe or time attacks when required to doesnt really deserve to make any top player list,

DeletedUser12541

That's definitely fair, but when you get a cap from not timing, it does mean that the effort isn't needed. Don't get me wrong, I time everything, but others don't feel the need if the defender isn't doing enough to defend.

Also, if you are offline, you see 4 timed attacks, instantly you try and snipe them (if you can't determine if it's a train or not and there are only 1 or 2 rather closely) however, if you see 4 un timed attacks, you are more likely to brush it off. It all depends on the defender really.

DeletedUser

In my oh so humble opinion, I really don't believe ODA is a measure on attacking quality. Being able to throw 100 nukes at someone isn't necessarily a skill. I feel that if sparing less nukes and getting more villages (against a better player) is better. As it shows that the defender can't tell train over fake train, nuke over fake ect ect. So active village takes/oda would be more of a measure of skill. But you couldn't put a figure on how many active villages as the defender could have quit.

But still a very interesting read. I do still think that hap has put in a lot more effort in the tribe against help than any other. They have taken 3* more help villages than anyone else.

Might wanna explain that to Old castiel, dunno which account he got shipped too but he ain't there no more! Always use to brag about his Oda since he took over account!

Anyways intresting opinions, need to get fair few more on here i think! Dan go wake up your tribe get em posting@@ Say Zippy the worlds friendliest neighbour asked u to post and he'll cry if they don't!:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser12541

Well it is using numbers rather than strategies. Just my opinion :)

Nah, they are too busy talking with attacks :/ But if you do cry, please video it, I haven't seen a grown man cry in a while, could cheer my week right up!

DeletedUser

Well it is using numbers rather than strategies. Just my opinion :)

Nah, they are too busy talking with attacks :/ But if you do cry, please video it, I haven't seen a grown man cry in a while, could cheer my week right up!

:O you asking me for a video?? This seems abit full on im afraid Dan, i am friendly but no i don't want you sorry dan :icon_confused: