UK15 Maps, produced by Nickjer

DeletedUser4083

As you all know Nickjer's maps have proved an invaluable resource for players, so once again we have our thanks to give to him!

Link to Nickjer's site: Maps kio

All of the maps below you will be able to click on so that you can view them at full size :)

Reply to this thread with any Family tribes that I need to include :)

DeletedUser

AOD and AOD.

.DOOM.
and -FEAR- and »B2B« (do sister/brother tribes count?)

FURY
and FURY3

Any other notable family tribes? :)

Maybe fix the zoom too :p

DeletedUser4083

The zoom has been fixed, just a few hours to wait until the map updates :)

I'll add those tribes on.

EDIT: Updated the Families

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Can you remove the spoilers? Just makes things more annoying imo

DeletedUser4083

Spoilers have to be used in accordance to the forum rules. The only 2 forums where images larger than 700x700 don't have to be spoilered are the gfx tutorials and guides forum, and the gfx showrooms forum. However in both those forums it is still advised to use spoilers :)

DeletedUser7369

Spoilers have to be used in accordance to the forum rules. The only 2 forums where images larger than 700x700 don't have to be spoilered are the gfx tutorials and guides forum, and the gfx showrooms forum. However in both those forums it is still advised to use spoilers :)

what is the process to follow to improve these rules to include maps cause it seems pretty obvious that anyone clicking a "maps" thread is gna want to see the MAPS :D?

DeletedUser11546

oh no James, and Phil I like the spoilers, it makes the thread look neater.

DeletedUser7369

:S makes it look like they forgot the subject of the thread....if you dont want to view maps just go through the many non map threads......

DeletedUser4083

what is the process to follow to improve these rules to include maps cause it seems pretty obvious that anyone clicking a "maps" thread is gna want to see the MAPS :D?

You are welcome to contact the forum admin and/or community manager, but I doubt you will see the rules changed in this regard. The number of large images in a single post means that for some people the page will load slowly, so the best course of action is to spoiler all the maps in order for the page to load quicker.

They aren't in spoilers on other worlds...

On the contrary, spoilers have been used on all map threads apart from uk13 and 14. Those two world map threads went unchecked, although the uk14 maps have been spoilered since I took over the updating of the maps there. When there is an active map updater for that world then I shall be advising them to make sure that all the maps are placed in spoilers, in accordance with the forum rules.

DeletedUser7369

Phil come on mate, engage your brain. Whats the point in the page loading quicker if it doesnt show you the maps. The whole point of loading the page is to see the damn maps. Im not asking for the rule to go because on other threads your point is valid but for map thread to have to spoiler the maps so that the non map material loads quicker is quite possibly the most stupid thing that has been suggested. Who genuinely comes to this thread to NOT see maps? Show me one person not responsible for moderation of the forum and i will show you a prick.

DeletedUser4083

If the maps don't load for players then it is one of two things: the server that nickjer uses to host the maps could be down, or the more likely the players is using a poor internet connection, two variables that TW are not able to control. Personally I would rather have the page load itself up and then load each map individually, rather than having the page take forever to load as it is trying to load 8 maps at once (2,668,688 pixels of colour).
I had first hand experience of this at my flat last year when I first moved in, I only had a 2mb connection with at least 550 students on the same network. Until a lot of them left at midnight to go clubbing it would take up to 15 minutes to load a single page, so it took quite a while to load even a basic structured web page. Web pages full of images (that is web pages made up of images, and then including more images such as the map threads on the TW forums, not forgetting all the coding that has to load to run and display the page correctly) took far longer to load, and the pages on TW only loaded quicker when images were placed in spoilers. Granted I then forked out £160 to upgrade to an 8mb connection, but even then peak times were slow :p
In short if the page will load quicker so we can then see the specific maps we want then that is the best way to go, instead of waiting ages for all the maps to load.

As for your problem of opening spoilers on a smartphone, I do not have a way of being able to check that myself, but as it does not appear a wide spread issue then I don't know of a sure fire way to help you there. Maybe try clicking around the spoiler button in order to find the clickable link for it?

DeletedUser7369

You shared a net connection of 2mb with how many people? Thats ridiculously pikey. Im sorry but im pretty sure there are more users with smartphones than pikeys with crap connection speeds. The maps load quick enough on a phone when not spoilered so arguing that they should be spoilered to overcome slow load rates is a poor argument. If its an issue then hit the x and stop the page loading then right click the "failed image" icon you want and select load image.

DeletedUser269

I find it quiet simple really, if you want to look at the maps, click the spoiler. There isn't really room for debate on this one, since it won't be changing.

DeletedUser7369

I find it quiet simple really, if you want to look at the maps, click the spoiler. There isn't really room for debate on this one, since it won't be changing.

Yeah its as simple as you are. have you read the thread? several smart phones do no open the spoilers so the maps are not visible. given the maps are the purpose of the thread i stand by my contention that the spoiler requirement is unnecessary. there is always room for debate and your statement that it won't be changing is one example why the forum use is so low. any suggestions for improvements or changes meet resistance at every turn by moderators who don't want to have to engage brain and think about whether they are good or bad. better instead to blindly follow rules that have contributed to a shrinking forum community. good argument you made for the policy btw. really swayed everyone with your explanations.

DeletedUser269

I don't really need to sway the community with my explanation, or raise to the insult you direct at people who volunteer to help this community.

What do you use to say, "forum use is so low" I can see the figures, and they don't back up your statement. Yes there is a drop from the day UK opened. But over the last 12 months its been a relatively constant level.

All suggestion are listened too, but we can't act on everyone.

For you, you may want the maps in the thread. But there is also people who don't.

DeletedUser7369

I use the fact that other communities i am aware of have a similar player base and much more forum activity.

You comment that activity is constant. I would argue that activity may be constant however constantly low doesnt make that consistency a good thing.

You state suggestions are listened to but there is very little evidence of that. The odd suggestion gets implemented (such as linking from quests to the forums) but even that took a huge effort from a number of people to overcome the huge negativity of the moderating team. i contributed to the thread discussing it and almost every negative comment was from a mod.

Your suggestion you dont need to sway the community is another example of where the volunteers fail the community. It is a great thing that you give up your time to help. it is an awful thing that you think that means you dont need to do your best to persuade people that the rules are correct. you are here not just to blindly enforce the rules but to enforce them in a way that enhances the community spirit and ensures that their use is a positive experience for all members.

I agree there are people that don't want the changes im suggesting. There are also people that do. My issue isnt that the change wont be made, its that the arguments made for NOT making the change are the lazy "because the rules say it has to be in spoilers", the unhelpful "click the spoiler" which doesnt work for all users, or phils suggestion that the maps take too long to load if you have a naff connection shared by hundreds of people.

Now I dont see the map thread as being a major concern. I think they are quite nice to look at from time to time but can live without them. What bugs the hell out of me is the refusal of moderators to even contemplate whether the blind application of the existing rules is in the best interest of the community.

Additional comment re forum activity - I just had a chat with a friend who made the observation that many players give up posting on the externals out of frustration with the blind application of rules for no need. Now that is something i can confirm. I know a number of players that used to post actively and now cba for that very reason. Your statement that activity remains constant therefore leads me to conclude that new users come and join in roughly equal numbers to old users leaving. Wouldnt it be better to improve the experience so that old players stay, new players join, and the community......duh duh duh.....GROWS. WOW. imagine that. a community with a future.

DeletedUser7369

Quick thanks to d1mension - skyped me how to change forum view to make spoilers work from my phone. Much more helpful than Jamie's patronising post.