UK35 Win Condition 80% dominance for 10 days.

DeletedUser920

I learned a long time ago that you couldn't judge the gender of a player by their name - or on multi played accounts evn by the last person you spoke to. With players around the world, guessing when people go to bed is also impossible, though as some are sending attacks at 4am, 8pm would be needed to have eight hours' beauty sleep. I don't know how much beauty sleep you need.

DeletedUser4753

sss deffo needs his beauty sleep, trust :D

i think you put too much emphasis on internet connection, last world me and sss played together thier was a guy with military grade connection, and lost all thier vills in 48 hours, and yet back in the day of dial up i could always snipe and send train proficiently, even if you have 2 sec lag, if youve worked out you have 2 sec lag then you can time just fine, from memory pretty sure on w1 uk i had a relativley consistent 1.6 seconds of lag between me clicking and tw enacting said click, but worked out fine :D

DeletedUser920

I don't know if I put too much emphasis on connection lag, but I know that for me in the past it could be very variable - up to three seconds. Using a laptop with wifi around the flat it depended on which room I was in, which way I was facing and the way the wind was blowing. Sometimes I also played while on holiday and the lag would depend on where we were on the campsite and who else was using the shared connection. Now my connection is much better and more reliable and on this world the 150ms gap is more forgiving. I've even been able to drop support from one village in the same gap as the pally from another to get the bonus. Some luck involved maybe, but I wouldn't have managed that before.

How big an issue that is for other people playing on mobile phones with poor reception on a 50ms gap I don't know.

DeletedUser4753

well sure but thats entirely your choice, most ppl try n make it easy for themselves and keep things consistent :D

DeletedUser920

You're right. It is a difficult choice. Sitting cooped up in a darkened room in sweltering heat in the middle of summer as the late night programming (Eastenders) is starting, or sprawled out in the cool breeze next to a lake or river with a glass of good wine or cheap beer, waiting for the bar-b-q to heat up or thinking about going out for dinner, but worrying that there might be a few milliseconds lag on the wifi. And you just know the wifi is quicker in the bar. So many choices. I struggle, I suffer, I really do.

DeletedUser4753

i think the morale of the story is get a sitter when on holiday lol, cool breeze, lakes, rivers beer and bbq's is no place for phones n lappies with a 15 yr old browser game

DeletedUser920

It's great to get a sitter for the summer, but it usually seems to be the same small group who get lumbered with it all, which can cut down the choices for who can snipe an attack. You're right that the beer and bbq are more important than a browser game while on holiday though, even if it's not necessary to find internet cafes any more.

DeletedUser920

I just realised that this world has to be 360 days old, not 180, before dominance starts to kick in as a win condition. I know it usually takes forever, but with effective dominance being managed so early, who is going to keep playing for an extra few months just to complete it. And if there is an upset, what an uphill struggle it would be for anyone else to get a real hold.

Oh well - it will all be over by Christmas....

DeletedUser920

And - oh joy ! - The world will be open to new entrants for most of that time who will not be susceptible to attacks for a couple of months (maybe three ?) because of the 20:1 rule, at which point they will have a selection of nukes and a train smashing irresistibly into them. Something is skewed here, but I'm not sure what the solution is.