UK52 Win Condition Dominance

Deleted User - 232559

Outside support just encourages family tribes. In theory it’s a great setting but people are melts

Denying outside support makes nobling people even slightly competent a pain, familys suck, but tribes that bow down to them and nap for ez wins are just as bad.

eriswell suggestion of 40 could be at least worth a try, last however many worlds all look to be 20's with no outside support, and yet hardcore family/academy hugs are rife.
The answer to family's historically is actual good tribes exploiting a bunch of huddled noobs, but ppl want the easy life i guess.

SWDXB

Reaction score
Denying outside support makes nobling people even slightly competent a pain

but ppl want the easy life i guess.

Seems you’re one of them lol it’s supposed to be challenging, and even these slightly competent players should have a chance at start up and beyond if they make the effort.

No outside support also stops the tools who spawn and grow in one K with the sole intention of gifting to mates in another, giving them an instant base to noble from behind enemy lines. Might work on a server that isn’t so inbred, not uk.

jaguarr

Reaction score
Denying outside support makes nobling people even slightly competent a pain, familys suck, but tribes that bow down to them and nap for ez wins are just as bad.

eriswell suggestion of 40 could be at least worth a try, last however many worlds all look to be 20's with no outside support, and yet hardcore family/academy hugs are rife.
The answer to family's historically is actual good tribes exploiting a bunch of huddled noobs, but ppl want the easy life i guess.
I dont think increasing the amount of players that a tribe can recruit will stop family tribes, I think it will only make families bigger in my opinion. Decreasing the tribe limit in my opinion will help decrease the amount of family tribes we see in a world. If you had a tribe with a tribe limit of 8 or 10 , you wont be able to create 3-4 family tribes because the odds of getting an actual spot in the final tribe will be much lower so that will make other players create tribes and maybe have a more competitive world.

Deleted User - 232559

Seems you’re one of them lol it’s supposed to be challenging, and even these slightly competent players should have a chance at start up and beyond if they make the effort.

No outside support also stops the tools who spawn and grow in one K with the sole intention of gifting to mates in another, giving them an instant base to noble from behind enemy lines. Might work on a server that isn’t so inbred, not uk.

Theirs literally no argument for denying outside support used offensively, its adds another dynamic and another timings battle with your opponent, your advocating for just removing any potential skilful play and have taking vills more a war of attrition as apposed to a war of ability, as if tw wasn't grindy enough.

The rules on vill gifting need adjusting end of, wont argue with anyone about how terrible some people are for abusing this practise time and time again.

@jaguar perhaps your right, my main point is setting a tribe limit and adding no outside support as the mods answer to family hug wars and calling it a job well done isnt good enough imo, so im open to any different setting change/idea that brings about the end of tribalhugs.

SWDXB

Reaction score
So having outside support enabled is the only way to show any skill on tw in general? Interesting.

As I said (and the part you obviously missed), in theory it could be a good setting. But in practice it does more harm than good, and actually encourages hugging. Imagine having a 40 tribe limit and outside support turned on; start a world, three family tribes, 120 players to support vs the other sides potential 40. Pass.

Deleted User - 232559

Your calling me out for "obviously missing things" when this whole thread ive been anti family tribe despite whatever your trying to do here.

Also never said anything like "it being the only way to show skill on tw" at all. But great job putting words in mouths.

Seems like your entire purpose for posting is to misrepresent my views and immaturely troll, in which case have fun being master of this echo chamber, i stand in awe of your dominant keyboard skills...

SWDXB

Reaction score
Outside support just encourages family tribes. In theory it’s a great setting but people are melts

your advocating for just removing any potential skilful play

So having outside support enabled is the only way to show any skill on tw in general?
Also never said anything like "it being the only way to show skill on tw" at all. But great job putting words in mouths.

Deleted User - 232559

Someone doesn't know the difference between any and every, I forget .uk is occupied by many non English players who don't have full grasp of even simple words, for that i apologise for the flames, unless of course your from uk and just a thicko, that would be embarrassing.

I debated doing some out of context quotes myself to prove a point but i really don't care that much.

SWDXB

Reaction score
I’ve been living for your salty posts recently, thanks mate. And congrats on insulting half the server lol

edit: you’re*. I tried to fight it every other post but it keeps happening, feels apt after your last response to correct it.

Deleted User - 232559

this^
tribe locks are fantastic to stop other weak stuff like recruiting from enemies n what not, could deffo get down with the above sort of settings.

jaguarr

Reaction score
10 member tribe limit . Locked in to that tribe for that world.
No outside support .
I dont agree with the tribe lock from the start of the world, I feel it takes away the chance of those who start later into the world to actually compete in that world. If its after 2-4 months then yes

W1RED

Reaction score
Just noticed NB is between 23:00 - 07:00 rather than 00:00 - 08:00, is this an error or how it will be for the world?

Smog

Reaction score
I dont agree with the tribe lock from the start of the world, I feel it takes away the chance of those who start later into the world to actually compete in that world. If its after 2-4 months then yes

Just a thought, but for future worlds, maybe restrict moving tribes by enforcing a cool-down period of 3 days before you can receive support, not just send it?

btw, I came onto hear trying to find an answer but have not found it yet. Are the scouts' settings different in this world? My attacker lost a lot less than I was expecting and the simulator appears to match that, just curious what the difference is?

dabookman

Reaction score
btw, I came onto hear trying to find an answer but have not found it yet. Are the scouts' settings different in this world? My attacker lost a lot less than I was expecting and the simulator appears to match that, just curious what the difference is?
It's a 10 tech world so the more you increase the tech level the better they perform

W1RED

Reaction score
It's a 10 tech world so the more you increase the tech level the better they perform

Scouts only seem to have 1 level. Anyone know where there's a decent 10 tech guide around? I have had a look but can't find anything.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Scouts only have 1 level on 10 tech world... dabookman is confused...

Dependant upon the world setting, scouts can have 3 levels... as the scouts on this world can see building levels and outside troops, it would appear, that they are the highest level that scouts can be... they will, therefore, perform 'better' than scouts on other worlds that aren't at the max level, dependant upon world settings and research levels...

As for a 10 tech guide: Level 10 good, Level 1 bad... defending troops have the tech level of the village they are in, attacking troops have the tech level of the village they are sent from...

Therefore, if you support a tribe mate who only has tech level 1, the defending troops will fight at tech level 1, regardless of the tech level in your village (the village you sent the troops from)...