UK9 Interview Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Deleted User - 695343
  • Start date

DeletedUser117

Nice interview BT, but my sig change is just me being cheeky to someone else, you can try and find the quote I got it off, but I have no plans on quitting anytime soon. I has a tribe to rim :p

DeletedUser

"[9/18/2011 7:35:46 PM] Sparks: Bit hard to be the new Kthx, the top three tribes are very close, KTHX was also known for their arrogance and their continued spamming of the W9 forums."

KTHX itself is from the merge onwards, name wise, most of the players you would have called arrogant had already left, but really most of their arrogance was in jest even then, though I missed most of it. Can't say I'm going to stop posting/spamming soon though :icon_wink:

"[9/18/2011 7:59:06 PM] Sparks: I believe a merge failure, happens when you loose more points / vills / players than you gain."

That wasn't the concept, I'm not saying the merge was a success, that would be a pointless argument. As for the last question, meh, I felt like putting something light hearted in there. I don't feel that makes me laughable, but if you read it that way maybe that says something about how seriously you take this game, maybe that's just me reading too far into it though. :)

DeletedUser117

[9/18/2011 1:41:00 PM] Martin C:: RESIST took our activity, it didn't improve it massively

I only took myself from you and that was going to be a given anyways, you cant play in a tribe you cant communicate with, but we have both been through these arguments before. The other 2 I took were going to leave anyways, something about skype convos being quite rude.

"[9/18/2011 7:35:46 PM] Sparks: Bit hard to be the new Kthx, the top three tribes are very close, KTHX was also known for their arrogance and their continued spamming of the W9 forums."

KTHX itself is from the merge onwards, name wise, most of the players you would have called arrogant had already left, but really most of their arrogance was in jest even then, though I missed most of it. Can't say I'm going to stop posting/spamming soon though :icon_wink:

You werent around at the begining, but mass posting derogatory threads on the CM and constantly spamming forums with useless crud, is what I was referring to :icon_wink:

"[9/18/2011 7:59:06 PM] Sparks: I believe a merge failure, happens when you loose more points / vills / players than you gain."

That wasn't the concept, I'm not saying the merge was a success, that would be a pointless argument. As for the last question, meh, I felt like putting something light hearted in there. I don't feel that makes me laughable, but if you read it that way maybe that says something about how seriously you take this game, maybe that's just me reading too far into it though. :)

True, but a starfish? comeon you cant even eat those things, maybe a swordfish and I would of answered differently.

DeletedUser

To be honest, our skype convo's really weren't that rude... (Maybe less rude when I was duke?) You should've been in the w21 tribe's skype convo, but that's for everyones opinion. We do have a much more game based one now :)

Starfish are ninja star shaped and were the first animal to come into my head that would be readily available in a desert island situation okay? It was a stress decision! Unless like Burt Reynolds is your spirit guide I highly doubt you'll catch a swordfish :icon_razz:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser117

To be honest, our skype convo's really weren't that rude... (Maybe less rude when I was duke?) You should've been in the w21 tribe's skype convo, but that's for everyones opinion. We do have a much more game based one now :)

Starfish are ninja star shaped and were the first animal to come into my head that would be readily available in a desert island situation okay? It was a stress decision! Unless like Burt Reynolds is your spirit guide I highly doubt you'll catch a swordfish :icon_razz:
Why not? Being marooned on a desert Island with you and special guy, would be less likely :icon_cool:

DeletedUser

I can walk you through the scenario of how we get there if you want?

DeletedUser117

I can walk you through a number of ways that both of you wouldn't survive the boarding :icon_twisted:

Edit: dont you have to be over 16 to travel alone?

DeletedUser117

Btw BT did you want to move interviews over to the interview thread?

DeletedUser

I didn't specifically ask for it as of now, but I don't mind there being an interview thread and interview discussion thread, as lightyjo points out means you can go off topic a bit more since it's here and you can locate interviews easily.

As for arc angels being moved there that would be his and lighty's choice, I don't really have any say in it, but I am not against, as long as arc angel gets full credit for the interviews. Oop better plus one rep that.

EDIT: Could ask lighty to put in interview thread?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

have done so hope no one minds? One thread for the interviews so all in one place and one for Mancunia to spam....

DeletedUser8288

Dont mind one bit just placed it here to make sure all could see it since id say some interviews have been less talked about since they were all moved into one but it makes them easyer to read so im easy :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

A really good interview of Sparks and BusinessTime by arc angel, in my opinion.

I certainly understand both sides a lot better after that. As for the issue of whether KTHX had competition before the split :) well there was a complex multi-tribe alliance that had you outnumbered nearly 2/1 that was about to hit you when you split up and you ruined it lol. I was very disappointed! We were 2 days from striking!!! I swear I bled trying to set that thing up lol.

I also understand Sparks alot better after the interview. I suspect a good percentage of her frustration comes from wanting to slap players who act like they are 12 years old and randomly disappear on and off. I had the same trouble in my first tribe on W9 that was run by my bro, and it can really irritate you when you are putting the effort in yourself. We tried the carrot and the stick, but in the end we just follow a player that had left us for a good tribe lol.

Anyway, I didn't intend to ramble, just to say good interview arc angel and very interesting.

Col

DeletedUser

He didn't need to say anything clyde, obvious quality speaks for itself. Will try and get another one or two up this week.

DeletedUser9701

Hey not my fault you threw me fluff balls all night and went off topic.

I was expecting a hard hitting piece like i was being crossed by Larry King.