USA - World's Largest Superpower or World's Largest Clown?

DeletedUser3312

Hey, hey err... Thirsty. Erm... The rest of the world wanted me to show you This

DeletedUser

:icon_neutral: It was just a couple of years ago.

When the PM is a lap dog, usually the country too is at some extent.

The colonies where part of your Empire, don't brag about nothing. At the end you lost anyway :icon_rolleyes:

Well, our Queen still holds Head of State in around 15-16 countries. That and we hold extremely close relations with our former colonies via The Commonwealth. The British Empire may not exist any more, but it's legacy will always live on. The British Empire has granted us strong relations with more countries than the USA can invade :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Well, our Queen still holds Head of State in around 15-16 countries. That and we hold extremely close relations with our former colonies via The Commonwealth. The British Empire may not exist any more, but it's legacy will always live on. The British Empire has granted us strong relations with more countries than the USA can invade :icon_wink:

taking it a bit far more come on alot of people struggle to count to that many ;P

DeletedUser9209

Alright, I am an American first off.

Secondly, a lot of the replies and comments in here are ignorant and downright laughable.

I agree, a lot of my fellow Americans are fat, lazy, and sucking us dry. Those of you who generalize all Americans are ignorant (stupid). In your respectful countries I am sure there are Fat and Lazy individuals. So before you judge us as a whole know that there are some of us who are A.) Highly Educated B.) Productive Members of Society C.) Not Fat :D.

And the fact that Hollywood has any bearing on your opinion on the citizens of America is laughable. Hollywood is just a tiny part of the American population and inacuratly portrays all Americans. It makes us look shallow and stupid. Which I am not saying we don't have those type of people here, but you would have to concede that the sterotype person foreigners see the everyday American as exists in every country throughout the world.

America is full of people with different opinions. Before some people make generalizations about us you need to realize that not everyone in America are zombies who act exactly the same and fit the sterotype that you all seem to believe.

Getting involved in other countries problems is something a lot of people mention when speaking negatively about America. In a lot of instances (NOT ALL) if American hadn't intervened it would have been a lot worse. Ex. When we got involved with stopping the Nazis in Europe. Without America's assistance more people would have been killed.

I think after the World Trade Center attacks, we as a country wanted payback. That is why the Bush administration pushed for a war. I do not think the war was a good choice. It simply drained our money. Basically, Bush made a rash decision we are all paying for even still today.

I do think we do get our nose where it doesn't need to be a lot. I think we should be more selfish. Stop trying to help people who don't want it and who don't appreciate it. We need to focus more on us right now before we become just as poor as the countries we help.

A lot of the deficit spending is due to having to pay for people who won't or cant work. Yes, we are in a lot of uneccessary wars. I am loyal to my country though and once were in a war I will support our TROOPS. Even if I do not agree with said war.

My opinion is that my governement needs a revamp. Meaning cleaning house. Bush got us into a mess and even though Obama is not my favorite choice for president I cannot say his job performance is terrible because he is busy cleaning up the mess of others.

Another reason our economic situation is so bad is because we simply don't produce like we used to. At one time we were one of the worlds largest exporters. Now since many of our old companies have been moved either to Mexico, China, or Japan and we are loosing jobs etc.

This has turned more into a rant than anything so let me make my points clear. I concede there are stupid americans and lazy americans. I however point out that those types of people exist throughout the world. I concede we do get invovled too much in foreign affairs. I do point out in some situations it has benefited the countries we have gotten involved with. I do conced our goverment is going down the hole and has currupt. Though i would also point out that the other nations of the world aren't perfect and have their fair share of curruption.

Just be careful how much you sterotype people. It only makes you look stupid.

DeletedUser

I agree, a lot of my fellow Americans are fat, lazy, and sucking us dry. Those of you who generalize all Americans are ignorant (stupid). In your respectful countries I am sure there are Fat and Lazy individuals. So before you judge us as a whole know that there are some of us who are A.) Highly Educated B.) Productive Members of Society C.) Not Fat :D.
<Irrelevant>It's the bad people that get most publicity with least effort. Besides, everyone stereotypes french worse.</irrelevant>

I do think we do get our nose where it doesn't need to be a lot. I think we should be more selfish. Stop trying to help people who don't want it and who don't appreciate it. We need to focus more on us right now before we become just as poor as the countries we help.
Most of the "help" they give, they get something in return. This is also how US keeps appearing as the largest superpower of our world. By demonstrating strong presence in foreign affairs. A country with minimal influence cannot hope to profit/benefit much from trade. So no I'd say US is quite selfish already.

A lot of the deficit spending is due to having to pay for people who won't or cant work. Yes, we are in a lot of uneccessary wars. I am loyal to my country though and once were in a war I will support our TROOPS. Even if I do not agree with said war.
Right. The military spending and overbudgeting of military related projects is totally not making the debt so much huger. Just look at the Zumwalt destroyer.

My opinion is that my governement needs a revamp. Meaning cleaning house. Bush got us into a mess and even though Obama is not my favorite choice for president I cannot say his job performance is terrible because he is busy cleaning up the mess of others.
You cant really expect to throw out the current people in power. They've already established their presence, no matter how retarded they are, just look at Wisconsin

Another reason our economic situation is so bad is because we simply don't produce like we used to. At one time we were one of the worlds largest exporters. Now since many of our old companies have been moved either to Mexico, China, or Japan and we are loosing jobs etc.
US is the largest consumer nation, pretty much every large brand has factories overseas where there is much cheaper workforce. The reason everything is so cheap in US is the same reason many don't have jobs. Cheap products from people willing to work for much less in other countries.

DeletedUser9209

I have never sterotyped the french.

Most of the "help" they give, they get something in return. This is also how US keeps appearing as the largest superpower of our world. By demonstrating strong presence in foreign affairs. A country with minimal influence cannot hope to profit/benefit much from trade. So no I'd say US is quite selfish already.

I just think we should stop getting involved in issues that have nothing whatsover to do with us. 1. Israel $2.4 billion Virtually all of this money is used to buy weapons (up to 75% made in the U.S.). Beginning in 2009, the U.S. plans to give $30 billion over 10 years. 2. Egypt $1.7 billion $1.3 billion to buy weapons; $103 million for education; $74 million for health care; $45 million to promote civic participation and human rights. 3. Pakistan $798 million $330 million for security efforts, including military-equipment upgrades and border security; $20 million for infrastructure. 4. Jordan $688 million $326 million to fight terrorism and promote regional stability through equipment upgrades and training; $163 million cash payment to the Jordanian government. 5. Kenya $586 million $501 million to fight HIV/AIDS through drug treatment and abstinence education and to combat malaria; $15 million for agricultural development; $5.4 million for programs that promote government accountability. 6. South Africa $574 million $557 million to fight TB and HIV/AIDS; $3 million for education. 7. Mexico $551 million 8. Colombia $541 million 9. Nigeria $491 million 10. Sudan $479 million

We need to stop caring so much about what other nations think about us, fix up our mess. We should only give what we have. which we are in a hole 13 trillion. so yes i do think we should be selfish and stop sending anymoney for anything that does not directly effect us to foreign countries.
US is the largest consumer nation, pretty much every large brand has factories overseas where there is much cheaper workforce. The reason everything is so cheap in US is the same reason many don't have jobs. Cheap products from people willing to work for much less in other countries.
Very true.

You cant really expect to throw out the current people in power. They've already established their presence, no matter how retarded they are, just look at Wisconsin
its more wishful thinking than anything :D.

DeletedUser3312

We need to stop caring so much about what other nations think about us, fix up our mess. We should only give what we have. which we are in a hole 13 trillion. so yes i do think we should be selfish and stop sending anymoney for anything that does not directly effect us to foreign countries.

So let African kids die. Let Dictators rule. Let people be tortured. Let greed run the world.

Americans.
So contradictary.

DeletedUser613

I have never sterotyped the french.

I just think we should stop getting involved in issues that have nothing whatsover to do with us. 1. Israel $2.4 billion Virtually all of this money is used to buy weapons (up to 75% made in the U.S.). Beginning in 2009, the U.S. plans to give $30 billion over 10 years. 2. Egypt $1.7 billion $1.3 billion to buy weapons; $103 million for education; $74 million for health care; $45 million to promote civic participation and human rights. 3. Pakistan $798 million $330 million for security efforts, including military-equipment upgrades and border security; $20 million for infrastructure. 4. Jordan $688 million $326 million to fight terrorism and promote regional stability through equipment upgrades and training; $163 million cash payment to the Jordanian government. 5. Kenya $586 million $501 million to fight HIV/AIDS through drug treatment and abstinence education and to combat malaria; $15 million for agricultural development; $5.4 million for programs that promote government accountability. 6. South Africa $574 million $557 million to fight TB and HIV/AIDS; $3 million for education. 7. Mexico $551 million 8. Colombia $541 million 9. Nigeria $491 million 10. Sudan $479 million

Very true.

its more wishful thinking than anything :D.

All that is nothing compared to what the usa spent in their military budget just last year.
$663.8 billion - 30 billion over 10 years is buttons in comparison.

DeletedUser9209

i'm just saying we need to fix ourselves before spending money toward foreign affairs.

DeletedUser9209

So let African kids die. Let Dictators rule. Let people be tortured. Let greed run the world.

Americans.
So contradictary.
let me put it this way. if you were finacially strained would you be giving tons of money that you didnt' have to charity? or would you be more likely to save your money untill you regained your finacial health? you guys complain about us when we get involved in stuff but when we don't we are horrible make up your minds.

DeletedUser3312

let me put it this way. if you were finacially strained would you be giving tons of money that you didnt' have to charity? or would you be more likely to save your money untill you regained your finacial health? you guys complain about us when we get involved in stuff but when we don't we are horrible make up your minds.

All that is nothing compared to what the usa spent in their military budget just last year.
$663.8 billion - 30 billion over 10 years is buttons in comparison.

DeletedUser

A short history of the USA

In the 15th Century, an Italian navigator headed west with the intention of discovering a western route to the riches of the Indies, after the imperial expansion of the "Religion of Peace" (trademark) had made the conventional eastern routes... erm... somewhat problematic. Slightly to his surprise, he discovered a number of islands in the Caribbean and, eventually, mainland America. Over the next hundred and fifty years, using various ruses, Britain, France, Spain and Portugal, managed to unload many of their undesirables in this direction until eventually a number of sizeable colonies were established. In the course of time, the Colonists realised that they had been had in a variation of the well-known Korean Knife Fighting Course scam and, in a hissy fit, revolted. After putting up a token resistance, but secretly glad to be rid of them, Britain abandoned a big chunk of it's North American Colonies and left them in the care of Uncle Festus and his banjo playing, tobacco chewing sons and daughters, to let incest take its course. Those of taste and decency kept the northern part of the continent, but allowed the french to hang around so as not to make everyone else too jealous.

With some prompting from various french and British ne'er-do-wells, these former Colonies eventually adopted a Constitution featuring equality and justice for all - unless you happened to be a female, black or a native American Indian...

In the early 1800's (1812) they decided that they would try a land grab, and under the pretext of complaining about deserting sailors getting lifted by the Regulators, decided to invade the decent chaps up north. Having burned a town or two in the middle of winter (obviously they had to burn the 'ville in order to save it), and having been held to a draw by the local TA (the Regular army were busy with some short dictator who had conquered all of Europe, and was being faced alone by Britain... hold on, where have I heard that before...) and achieved none of the war aims, they claimed to have won and signed an armistice.

The fact that Britain had taken time off from defeating dictators, landed at their capital, given the defenders a kicking, eaten the President's victory banquet, and torched his house so that he had to redecorate in a fetching shade of white had nothing to do with it. The fact that they still teach that it was somehow a victory (or at least a draw) is proof that the White House has had good spin doctors for the past two hundred years. The fact that they thought that the Canadians would welcome them with open arms, and bless them for their liberation from the eeevil empire, is similar proof that the CIA hasn't improved much either.

In the late 1800's (1861-66) the Northern states decided that the Southern ones were having too much fun (wearing taffeta, whipping black houseboys etc) and decided that from then on that some of their 'property' were now officially people and couldn't be owned. When the South replied 'up yours' the North came down with a big army but ran away when the South squared up to them. 5 years and 600,000+ dead people later the South decided they would release all their slaves ... who promptly struggled to survive/get work in a now shattered nation. Apart from that- how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

In more recent times, the American contribution to war-fighting has been to throw vast amounts of cash, and quite large numbers of expendable young men, at the problem and then to claim victory afterwards. This failed to work out in Vietnam or Somalia but stood the USA in good stead in WW1, WW2, the Korean War, Gulf War 1 and Gulf War 2: 'This Time It's Personal...'.

It should be noted that the Spams hate being late for a war. Its like turning up at the cinema and finding the movie has alreadys started and you've missed the start. After having been VERY late for WW1, being fairly late for part 2 and having a small part in the early stages of Korea ... the US of A swore it would never be late again (mainly cause the other countries were starting to question its gender orientation). As a result they now demand to start all wars or at least be the major target. Expect all future presidents to declare war and ask questions after the bombs have started falling - this will be known as the GWB amendment

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that organized crime is estimated to account for 10% of the United States' national income >.>

So in other words, 10% the US wealth itself is lawless?

DeletedUser

I would like to point out that organized crime is estimated to account for 10% of the United States' national income >.>

So in other words, 10% the US wealth itself is lawless?
Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Just ask sudan.

To add, between 1.1 and 1.4 trillion dollars is not form organized crime. If it were, it would be something like 10 times larger than any other industry in the US (and the largest single industry in the world). I sincerely doubt that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Just ask sudan.

To add, between 1.1 and 1.4 trillion dollars is not form organized crime. If it were, it would be something like 10 times larger than any other industry in the US (and the largest single industry in the world). I sincerely doubt that.

Wikipedia was not my source for this, i cannot remember where right now but i know i have read and heard it multiply times.

Corruption is a big industry wherever you go in the world, and we are talking about a country where big companies thend to be on the hole left alone with an enourmus power. It won't be that surprising that organized crime in the us gives a nice chunk of money to the income. Remember that the top 1% of the us poulation have more money than 95% of the rest combined.