V8 Update

• Thread starter DeletedUser5582
  • Start date

DeletedUser5582

So lets move on from merges.....!

What do we all think of V8?

New war stats? Better, worse or just new and not really got to grips with it?

War Planner tool on the maps? For those who run ops what are your thoughts?

and the little tweaks like the "thanks button" on the tribal forums, mass checkbox selection (ty!) and click to sort extensions?

am loving the supporting troops being shown in villa info page and that you can reorder smithy queues. Lots of little things to make TW better or maybe you think not?

Anyway let us know what you like, don't mind or hate

DeletedUser10306

So lets move on from merges.....!

What do we all think of V8?

New war stats? Better, worse or just new and not really got to grips with it?

War Planner tool on the maps? For those who run ops what are your thoughts?

and the little tweaks like the "thanks button" on the tribal forums, mass checkbox selection (ty!) and click to sort extensions?

am loving the supporting troops being shown in villa info page and that you can reorder smithy queues. Lots of little things to make TW better or maybe you think not?

Anyway let us know what you like, don't mind or hate

Imo the changes made are futile, I could at least understand the war stats properly before the changes but now they are just too much hassle. And the "thanks" option, wow, someone has really outdone themselves this time, in the most wrong way I can possibly imagine. Putting "war" in the rank list...pointless, 2 new awards...pointless, new BB codes, no idea why. And the last one i'll mention, dock notebook, does that only change the "generated in ms" time at the bottom? Someone is trying too hard, and it doesn't seem to be working out well!

DeletedUser5582

war stats you can, I believe, change back to old version but will check this for you.

So was hard to make out but guessing you don't like the new update?!

surely some of it is good?

DeletedUser10306

war stats you can, I believe, change back to old version but will check this for you.

Thanks.

So was hard to make out but guessing you don't like the new update?!

Not at all, the phrase "if it's not broken, don't fix it" comes to mind.

surely some of it is good?

Maybe I haven't seen everything, but what i've seen so far is inferior to what it was before the update. But I don't like change anyway, but that's just me.

DeletedUser5582

I have the feeling you would cancel Christmas if you could too?!

Ok old stats graph can be seen by making sure all tribes is ticked on filters then bottom left is a tab called summary so click that and old style will appear! Ta ran ta ra!

Now the fact you can invite tribes onto your side for the stats, plus is a tab on the rankings page so the whole world can see who is doing what to whom (think of that Many Meh you'll now have to put a disclaimer on here if you are tardy in booting someone!!!) and you can track both sides to see who is nuke shy or needs a hug for all the pain they are being put through!

This I think adds a lot to the war stats and adding tribes to one side or another should (lol) make the arguing over which side is really winning redundant.

Also am having a little look at the war planner tool and have to say looks very good indeed and will make those that plot things job a lot easier which is a good thing as those that do this for a tribe are worth their weight in premium.

Are a lot of other tweaks too mentioned above but how could you not like the BB code for villas claimed?
Farm assistant is much improved and villa loyalty now calculated.

and the "thanks" button is the icing on the cake?!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10306

I have the feeling you would cancel Christmas if you could too?!

Nope, my kids would be sad.

Ok old stats graph can be seen by making sure all tribes is ticked on filters then bottom left is a tab called summary so click that and old style will appear! Ta ran ta ra!

Already been told, ROFL.

Are a lot of other tweaks too mentioned above but how could you not like the BB code for villas claimed?

I don't even know what they're for, there was nothing telling us from TW admin.

and the "thanks" button is the icing on the cake?!

It's ridiculous, Matt Lucas needs a Hairdresser more than anyone could possibly need the "thanks" option, what's wrong with saying thanks the old fashioned way?

DeletedUser5582

I don't even know what they're for, there was nothing telling us from TW admin.

It's ridiculous, Matt Lucas needs a Hairdresser more than anyone could possibly need the "thanks" option, what's wrong with saying thanks the old fashioned way?

they did tell you and look more and again and yes more info

TW has also tried to be kept simple (like me!) and not have a huge book of rules and such like. Part of the challenge is finding out these things and being the first tribe to master it and using it to your advantage!?

and the thanks button is fantastic do not put it down please.... :icon_wink:

DeletedUser10306

If I wanted to look for the information I require i'll join a library, did we get sent the information...?

DeletedUser10100

Here's a little bit of feedback from what I've noticed and had a play with. Positives, Negatives and Unsures so not all bad comments etc and all constructive.

Positives:

1) In the Rally point: I like the new Previous button. Reduces clicking by one click. lol

2) The new "cancel all" button in the recruit window is good. Easier to delete ques if needed.

3) "Wars" in the Ranking is nice to have and is a nice add-on.

4) Block player in the settings is better, combines all the Block player options into one place.

5) Toolbar Option, used before on .NET and useful. (However not on Opera which is used by most TW players)

Unsure:

1) What does the "Dock/UnDock Notebook" actually do? Can't see any benefit to it.

2) New award, recruit a friend? Pretty pointless now this world is nearing end, it'll be more suited to a start up world instead of one where tribes are pretty much all sorted recruitment wise.

3) Unsure of the Wallbreaker award. We already have demolisher one and that incorporates all buildings anyways.

4) The new options in publisizing a report. Not sure what benefit it will have to hide your or your enemies village location.

Negatives:

1) War stats I agree with Meh on that one. Graphs and Fancy Graphics are not needed TBH. Keep it simple stupid comes to mind here. Don't over complicate the game.

2) The new BB Codes are pointless TBH. The claim one does exactly the same as the Co-ord BB Code and the unit/building ones are pretty pointless also, if you really want to add a picture then you would do. Think it's a add-on for the sake of it and no one really needs it.

3) New icon/symbol next to the Premium option! Why does it need one? Pointless icon TBH.

DeletedUser

Can someone tell me where the op planning tool is, I cant see it!

just spotted it doh!

DeletedUser10306

I still don't like the V8 update very much and still prefer the old ways, nothing much has changed in my opinions. However, I like the "thanks" option on the tribal forum a little more, it saves you having to write out a new post. On the war stats, I hate the fact we have to filter the date, I usually only want to look at the days' stats we are on, as I would imagine most people do. But hey ho, must get used to it I suppose.

DeletedUser

Guys try your best to keep on topic please.

If you want idle chit chat use the mail system or go to Market Square Gossip or The Tavern.

Thanks