Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5283

The Mongouse

#3 10.04.2010, 20:03 Top
To be honest, virus arent up to much; with 64 members they've got the worse ODA than tribes with 6. (*hint* ManFlo *hint*)

Meh. Will Wont be interesting.

think ur self luck ur not on world 2 m8 virtus are a tribe that grow quick and gets rid of its enemies quicker

DeletedUser

The Mongouse

To be honest, virus arent up to much; with 64 members they've got the worse ODA than tribes with 6. (*hint* ManFlo *hint*)

think ur self luck ur not on world 2 m8 virtus are a tribe that grow quick and gets rid of its enemies quicker

Umm, no?

We are discussing Virus on w4 "m8".

Plus, if you want to quote somebody, try click the
quote.gif
button - (located at the top right of every post). It achieves a more organised and easily comprehensible look.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If spying were cheating there would be a rule against it. There isn't, and you can't be banned for it, therefore it isn't cheating. I don't need to justify my time as a spy, because it's not something I'm ashamed of doing.

Also, if you consider spying cheating, can I take it you never use scouts? While a more socially acceptable method of spying, it is still espionage.

DeletedUser

By speaking from experience are you trying to say that you justify your time as a spy? .....

Cheating is as cheating does.

Cheating?

The Art of War Sun-Tzu Chinese general & military strategist (~400 BC) said:
All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used.

DeletedUser5283

The Mongouse

#23 Yesterday, 22:50 Top
Quote:Originally Posted by hoggy
The Mongouse

Umm, no?

We are discussing Virus on w4 "m8".

Plus, if you want to quote somebody, try click the button - (located at the top right of every post). It achieves a more organised and easily comprehensible look.

ill do it my way thanks ;)

DeletedUser

1. it a war game Everyone is trying to get to #1 = attack everyone that not you or your tribe
2. you cant cheat on tribal wars
3. when did i post that i was a good player

1, that is your opinion.
2, of course you can.
3, sorry, that was my mistake.

anyway, you use an alias in this forum and think using spies to make headlines in the way to play, thats fine. your opinion is that this is how to play, my opinion is that it is lazy, souless and weak.

Why would your own players spy on you if they trusted you were the better tribe?

Spys (usually) only become spys when they think their own tribe is going down. So they join the better, so to speak.

If you don't think you are in the right tribe you don't need to spy! and spies become spies when someone smarter manipulates their lack of soul

If spying were cheating there would be a rule against it. There isn't, and you can't be banned for it, therefore it isn't cheating. I don't need to justify my time as a spy, because it's not something I'm ashamed of doing.

Also, if you consider spying cheating, can I take it you never use scouts? While a more socially acceptable method of spying, it is still espionage.

you cannot make rules for everything in life. Are you honestly saying that someone needs to make a rule so you know what to do?

And of course you don't need to justify your time as a spy, 'cause you don't see what is wrong with being a spy in a game.

And stop making stupid analogies about farming and scouting, these things have no connection to going into a tribe to gleen information in order for someone smarter than you to manipulate said information, players and forums to try and to corrupt peoples game play

Cheating?

have you read the book yourself?

DeletedUser

Try to merge your posts into one. It's more aesthetically pleasing and saves everyone time.

If you don't think you are in the right tribe you don't need to spy! and spies become spies when someone smarter manipulates their lack of soul

No, you dont need to spy, but it gets you on the side of the better tribe (still, suggesting your's is worse). Something that is probably harder achieved through normal recruitment methods.

The second part is harder to break down. I cant understand if you are saying your members are stupid, they dont have a soul or both..:icon_neutral:

Either way, you are insulting your members. Best hope they don't come around here much.. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

All I got from antogri is that apparently spies are stupid but it looks like they are smarter then you. Stop being butt hurt, you got played.

DeletedUser

you cannot make rules for everything in life. Are you honestly saying that someone needs to make a rule so you know what to do?

I don't need a rule to know what to do, however if I'm not breaking a rule, then I know for a fact I'm not cheating. Tribal Wars has been around for a massive amount of time, and there have always been spies. Just as there have always been people who whine about spies being cheats. In all that time, a rule has never been brought in by the developers to prevent people from spying.

I second the comment made by FriskiestSpoon. You got played, and worse you were foolish enough to broadcast your stupidity to the wider community.

DeletedUser

All I got from antogri is that apparently spies are stupid but it looks like they are smarter then you. Stop being butt hurt, you got played.

???

htf did i get played? No one on this forum has yet to justify the use of spies as anything more than a lazy play. and butt hurt, aren't you the superstar!

anyway, i'm done as this forum seems to be more about massaging egos and sounding smart that chatting about stuff. school bullies, people who were bullied trying to bully, cheats and wums.

I don't need a rule to know what to do, however if I'm not breaking a rule, then I know for a fact I'm not cheating.

when's your :icon_idea: third birthday?

adios

DeletedUser

No one on this forum has yet to justify the use of spies as anything more than a lazy play.
Spies are quite difficult to plant or recruit unless you're already in a situation where you don't really need them. There's nothing "lazy" about using them.

I understand why some people feel they are unfair, just as I understand why some people feel being farmed/attacked/nobled is unfair. Imo, as long as you're not cheating (ie. breaking the rules), everything is fair. It's a nasty nasty game we're playing, more than anything you need a sense of humour.

DeletedUser

Spies are quite difficult to plant or recruit unless you're already in a situation where you don't really need them. There's nothing "lazy" about using them.

I understand why some people feel they are unfair, just as I understand why some people feel being farmed/attacked/nobled is unfair. Imo, as long as you're not cheating (ie. breaking the rules), everything is fair. It's a nasty nasty game we're playing, more than anything you need a sense of humour.

cheers mate, thank you for posting a reply that isn't condescending!! I suppose i can see what you are saying, although i believe the use of spies are not on the same line as farming etc. I think my real annoyance was with someone posting a manipulated piece copied from a forum trying to start a bit of a war but doing all this under a name that doesn't link to their game name.

And as for the humour, i'm fine, but it can be hard to sometimes work out the daft ones who are trying to talk smart from the smart ones that talk daft.

DeletedUser

cheers mate, thank you for posting a reply that isn't condescending!! I suppose i can see what you are saying, although i believe the use of spies are not on the same line as farming etc. I think my real annoyance was with someone posting a manipulated piece copied from a forum trying to start a bit of a war but doing all this under a name that doesn't link to their game name.

And as for the humour, i'm fine, but it can be hard to sometimes work out the daft ones who are trying to talk smart from the smart ones that talk daft.

Please just awnser this question straight. Where do you draw the line between banter of two seperate tribe members, and spying?

Would it be when they mention other members? Would it be when numbers are involved? It would be impossible to define.

DeletedUser

Please just awnser this question straight. Where do you draw the line between banter of two seperate tribe members, and spying?

Would it be when they mention other members? Would it be when numbers are involved? It would be impossible to define.

simple really, it about the person themselves. When someone is taking information when those around them believe that they are on the same side, and using it against them purposefully.

I suppose at the end of the day its an honour thing. I know people can change tribes and chat with pals in other tribes, but when someone starts to take information from the tribe they are in in order to take advantage of the tribe, thats a cheat. Would you not agree?

Just because someone does it and just because there is not a law against it doesn't mean that its ok, does it?

The world in general makes rules because society is too lame to know right from wrong sometimes.

DeletedUser1942

simple really, it about the person themselves. When someone is taking information when those around them believe that they are on the same side, and using it against them purposefully.

I suppose at the end of the day its an honour thing. I know people can change tribes and chat with pals in other tribes, but when someone starts to take information from the tribe they are in in order to take advantage of the tribe, thats a cheat. Would you not agree?

Just because someone does it and just because there is not a law against it doesn't mean that its ok, does it?

The world in general makes rules because society is too lame to know right from wrong sometimes.

People do what they need to, to get the upper hand. Spying is not cheating, its just another method of getting ahead of the game, and gaining the advantage.

DeletedUser

I suppose at the end of the day its an honour thing.
Yes, this is true. Different players will have different opinions about what is honourable or dishonourable. I guess the best test is the response you get when you discuss the issue. Most people here seem to accept spying as one of those things you have to guard against, just as you have to guard against someone nicking your village while you're offline, and I think I agree. There will be plenty of people, however, that do see spying as dishonourable. One line of defence might be to ally yourself more closely to those who share your distaste for the practice. There are plenty of players who get exceedingly angry if you attack them without provocation - to those people this, too, is dishonourable.

A historical comparison: Often in the ancient world battles were organised so that opposing armies would meet at an agreed location, and fight on equal terms. This was seen as the honourable way to conduct warfare. In the middle-ages rules of chivalry placed similar constraints on whom could be engaged in battle. In the 19th centuary, espionage was rejected by many governments because "gentlemen do not read each other's mail". Now we have various conventions in international law governing warfare. Such rules evolve according, largely, to the methods of the most recent victors.

I reckon a lot of people on these forums must find PnP the most exciting aspect of the game, for me it's the spies. The satisfaction of reading your foes' noble-claims forum after you've invested hours in building up your agent's cover story is far greater than taking a village. The thrill of discovering an enemy spy in your camp and figuring out how you can twist the situation to your advantage puts this game on a whole other level. Tbh, spies are why this is the only computer game I play, I've never known a game offer such freedom for psychological deviousness.

DeletedUser

Although this typically isn't a Real Life simulation game it is a Strategy game - they're not going to ban a 'Strategy' or taking information when all it is exactly that, strategy. If it was used in Real Life, they don't usually ban it in Strategy games. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.