W11 - Early game strategy

DeletedUser

Good evening W11 members.

I have a few questions and would be grateful for some answers/advice. I haven't played tribalwars actively for about 1 and a half years, well around the time the new graphic interface came into action. There are two things I haven't played with, limited hauls and milita.

Now I know some of you are already on multiple villages so maybe this phase has past for you, however I'm sitting here, literally about to start pumping LC and it occurred to me that I can't go ravaging my 20x20 because of the haul caps. My question to you is, should I be using the "old-school" method of having my farming script within my notepad ready to farm my 20x20 (or with this new farming helper device) or should I sit back and instead of devoting time, resources and effort into LC focus on upgrading my mines more so than what we would have done in haul cap-less worlds?

Thank you in advance for any thoughts shared, I'm also aware this could have gone into the General forum however it is a W11 based question, therefore I'm placing it here.

- G

DeletedUser9748

Hello Grawler. Actually you answered your question yourself already. You can't ravage your 20x20 because after 1-2 attacks you will receive zero haul so what's the point? Many of uk11 members focused on pits first and later on troops. Of course everything has to do with your neighborhood, your tribe, how active you are etc. But in general terms you need to focus on mines if you want to have a nice grown village to move on.

An ideal level would be 23/23/20 for sure and depending your location you can go further (many people went for 27/27/24 and more before the got to academy). LC are good only when you start building your nuke for nobling others. Spears are good as LC for farming in this world :)

Hope I helped. Enjoy your stay.

DeletedUser

Would you find players are sacrificing building troops in order to invest more in the mines?

Settings on this world are interesting, puts a new spin on strategy to the norm.

DeletedUser

Would you find players are sacrificing building troops in order to invest more in the mines?

Settings on this world are interesting, puts a new spin on strategy to the norm.

I was sacrifying troops in order to build mines.
It took a big efforts to appear powerful while investing into the future, but I managed to defend against few attacks, killed ALL scouts and was left alone.
Now I have well developed villages which pumping troops non-stop and I am eating my neighbours one after another, those who invested early in troops and now have lvl 22-24 mines when mine 3rd village (BARB nobled) has higher!
Yes they have higher barracks/stables but they don't have resources to keep them runnign 7/24, while I can do that and still queue building or mint coin time from time.

So yes - you need adopt much - my usual strat with LC rush for famring isn't working here, but I quickly adopted.

DeletedUser

Im finding all the ways I traditionaly play myself are now turned upside down.
Normaly as Im active i can slam troops about and simply replace them with farming, now once there gone there gone for a long while so it seems Im having to think early in the game a stratedgy
This world ive gone a defensive role and I cant believe my mines are a higher level than my HQ and ive actualy built swords lol (does anyone have HCs yet lol)

Im seeing players near me after a month of playing bieng outgrown by the barbs and lording it by leading family sets the map is more blue than brown ( i know its a social game and running solo make the game lame so joined them)

Still on the plus side there meat shields for when the big boys come my way i suppose

DeletedUser

I agree mate.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That would be a good idea!
g.gif