Watchtowers....

• Thread starter DeletedUser5582
  • Start date

DeletedUser5582

So newish feature but has had time for folk to formulate some views. Do they tip the balance too much towards the defender or balance out the huge amount of time actively defending an acc under heavy attack takes? Do they make little or no difference?

Would folks like to see them removed or stay and why? Discuss!

DeletedUser14434

I find that they give the defender for too much of an advantage but I find that in most new perks as from the old days on .net, if I didn't have a watchtower I would of lost most of my frontline villages in the last week.

DeletedUser14439

I am praying they last as long as FREE did
but knowing inno probs last as long as KMD

btw they have killed the game imo

DeletedUser10100

Personally I think watchtowers dilute the game too much, it gives a definitive advantage to defenders which in turn will dilute player skills over time and make them reliant on easy tools, on top of this you also lose way too much farm space.

Had almost a two year gap in playing and I can see this extra warning giving defenders too many chances t defend easier and will undoubtedly prolong the world, so we spend more money :)

DeletedUser11750

Watchtower forces additional strategy in attacking rather than just bore your opponent to death with fakes. It is a bit overpowered probably but with good ops I expect you would be able to overcome them, after all defense is still limited.

I think I still prefer fake limit to watchtowers but watchtowers are better than nothing.

Maybe some combination of farm limit and watchtowers would work well so you can't superstack deathstar watchtowers and see everything from really far away.

Fake limit > Watchtowers > Nothing.

DeletedUser14082

They must have stats on player retention in Inno land, would be interesting to see if new players stick around longer or if it makes no difference, if it makes no difference then the towers have to go. Anything that makes the game more open to new people coming and playing though I'm all for, even if I don't like any of them :)

Startups are so quick with PP trading morale doesn't even save most people anymore, so if they give someone new to the game a better chance of sticking around and picking some tricks up that leads to them playing on even longer then it can't be a bad thing imo. New players are the lifeblood of the servers, not the usual 200 still playing after 3 months.

Just end game that will suck for those who make it...

DeletedUser11750

Watchtowers don't make a difference to small accounts cos they're so ridiculously expensive and they can't be bought, and if small players are buying them, they're dumb. New players are always going to struggle to stick around due to skill gap between the top players and new players being enormous. Watchtowers might encourage more people to play solo accounts now though since round the clock coverage isn't essential for tagging and the grind on dodging is greatly reduced.

I wanted a tool introduced which automatically tagged attacks as ram/noble etc. Watchtowers revealing the size of the attack is overpowered and takes away strategies such as fake nobles and timed fakes which I think is the main issue with them.

I also think fake limit (or some sort of cap on the number of fakes which can be sent at an opponent) should be on every world. Spamming someone with fakes and carpet bombs until they can't be arsed dodging anymore is the worst part of the game. Spamming someone with fakes until they die is not outplaying someone, and it doesn't make you a better player than them, especially when this is easier for people with high end computers than peasants like me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14054

I wanted a tool introduced which automatically tagged attacks as ram/noble etc. Watchtowers revealing the size of the attack is overpowered and takes away strategies such as fake nobles and timed fakes which I think is the main issue with them.

You mean a tool thats already there? If you got premium and you have attacks incoming, as long as you are on at the time of the attack, you can just press on the attack icon, select all and then press label... It will automatically tag everything for you:

a0c1522bf5f6148ec4881503f0ed7c92.png

DeletedUser11750

You mean a tool thats already there? If you got premium and you have attacks incoming, as long as you are on at the time of the attack, you can just press on the attack icon, select all and then press label... It will automatically tag everything for you:

a0c1522bf5f6148ec4881503f0ed7c92.png
I meant when you're offline, that doesn't tag whilst you sleep for 8 hours

DeletedUser11750

I'm aware, the attack IDs can no longer be used to identify the order of attacks so you're totally in the dark for anything you were offline for. I wanted attacks to automatically have the speeds tagged, not the size of the attack. Watchtower was a step in the right direction with regards to that but is probably too far by tagging the size.

DeletedUser14054

I'm aware, the attack IDs can no longer be used to identify the order of attacks so you're totally in the dark for anything you were offline for. I wanted attacks to automatically have the speeds tagged, not the size of the attack. Watchtower was a step in the right direction with regards to that but is probably too far by tagging the size.
Watchtowers tag attack speed as well ;)

DeletedUser14082

Watchtowers don't make a difference to small accounts cos they're so ridiculously expensive and they can't be bought, and if small players are buying them, they're dumb. New players are always going to struggle to stick around due to skill gap between the top players and new players being enormous.

I'll embellish..

I think what will happen is that the people that have played this game forever and honed their skills from one mistake to the next, whilst refusing to overspend on PP, will get bored of a watchtower protected end game and stop coming back, paving the way for the new casual cash cow mobile players to join a map with fewer sharks to attack them thus lasting longer into a map and filling the Inno coffers more than a few people spending on prem/AM only do now

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 70854

As far as I'm aware, watchtowers will tag nobles only, but not ram/axe/scout etc.

Anything that adds another level of strategy to what is a very basic game is welcome in my eyes, however, there needs to be worlds without them also, same as with churches, packets, archers etc