WC officialy declares war upon...

DeletedUser3473

I like to think that WC :) is a little different to most top tribes. You can have 100 points and started playing TW yesterday, if you contact us you will still get respect.

I don't think that makes you unique I have found Sparks, Clyde and the rest nothing but welcoming since I joined with my one 600 pt village and that was when the rest of them were all in the top 10.

That said, things are a little quiet now as many have pointed out and I don't think I'd be giving anything away if I said some Resistors have had to take a little time out for a variety of personal reasons so I'm sorry if other people's RL interferes with your enjoyment of the game but hey, poo happens.

From a personal perspective, clearly I'd like to see some fight back, but as the tea boy of the tribe (for now), I don't have a lot to offer. Or would you actually take any attacks I sent at this stage of my game seriously?

Oh and @Gain and Al Budak, thanks for showing the love and deeming me worthy of your fakes. :p

DeletedUser9748

@Pipsdad: Thing is that always when it comes to a war, and in this occasion a losing war, RL issues appear and the players cannot compete with the other tribe and fight back. Everyone here faces RL issues, unless he/she is a boring-unemployed-alone person who it's only purpose is playing the PC, but he finds time for the game he has chosen to play.

What I asked is a little appearance on the forums. Sparkles and Clyde were best on posting about how they were defeating KTHX or how they reached top ranks. When a real and challenging war appeared they just vanished and now they don't seem to want to fight back.

Is this war going to end like almost every other war here? By giving up/disbanding/leaving the game?

DeletedUser

You have to admit though that when WC :) first declared on RESIST, when they were at relatively equal levels (prior to the recruitment of several top players) it seemed like a really good challenge and would have been a fun and uncertain war to watch. But with recruiting players that sit all around and inbetween RESIST you've done exactly what KTHX did and ruined the point of the challenge. If RESIST fall and it seems they may well do, everyone who hasn't been recruited by WC :) are going to be the next targets, how is this making the world more fun?

DeletedUser

Well we had been led to believe that Resist significantly out trooped us, and they kept saying how much better they were than us at playing TW. To a degree we believed them because of their points per-player, and prepared for an epic battle. It's not our fault it turned out to be just talk.

DeletedUser

Maybe even worse, kthx vs. WC surely would've been more interesting than this one sided contest

* no idea whats going on with Resist, never played the world.

But KHTX lost to RESIST in an even more one sided manner than RESIST is currently losing to WC. That pretty much excludes any chance of KTHX performing better against WC than RESIST is doing (which isn't much apparently).

DeletedUser9748

@Lewboy: Just a little check on the stats will answer your statement about how RESIST seem to be losing this war and won't be able to turn this result.
From 02-09-2011, the creation of RESIST, until 13-10-2011, the announcement of the declaration, the tribe's ODD was at 454k. That means that in 40 days that they have fighted inactives, small players and KTHX they have gained 454k ODD. Anyone that has basic knowledge of the game understands that they should be heavily stacked since they did not lose a lot troops and their ODD was so low (or they were pointwhores).
After the declaration and in 6(!!) days their ODD has increased almost a million and has reached 1.2m score.

And for those that did not understand, from the stats I posted it is clear that RESIST did not lose so many D troops during those 40 days that made them vulnerable. When suddenly they saw the first "real" attacks coming that's when the ODD increased and their troops decreased. Is that a WC recruitment fault? Or something was wrong within the tribe? Did Clyde and Sparkls focused only on picking other villages and trying to make their way to rank 1 and did not concentrate into building some troops in case something "went wrong"?
I believe the answer is somewhere in the middle...you can find out on your own if you like.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
That said, things are a little quiet now as many have pointed out and I don't think I'd be giving anything away if I said some Resistors have had to take a little time out for a variety of personal reasons so I'm sorry if other people's RL interferes with your enjoyment of the game but hey, poo happens.

I think Clyde said it best when he posted:

Lost track of how many times people claim that after getting owned. The simplicity of it is that you are a point whore!
You over extend yourself trying to noble to many villages without enough troops to defend them.
When incoming start you claim RL issues and then internet problems. Its a .5 speed world The top 3 accounts are all solo.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If RESIST fall and it seems they may well do, everyone who hasn't been recruited by WC :) are going to be the next targets, how is this making the world more fun?

Please do not try and pre empt our next move. When we were small no one took us seriously and we have only ever launched attacks on the top tribes. I tried to get diplomacy with KTHX and they denied it, so we took care of the problem. I had an alliance with sparks, she dropped it and we are now taking care of that problem. The recruitment of some good players should be at the top of any dukes list otherwise they are not looking after the best interests of their tribes. RESIST 100% brought this upon themselves we were happy with an alliance and looking forward to getting to know them better but Sparks slated us as a tribe, constantly demanded things without following suit herself and then dropped the NAP

DeletedUser

* no idea whats going on with Resist, never played the world.

But KHTX lost to RESIST in an even more one sided manner than RESIST is currently losing to WC. That pretty much excludes any chance of KTHX performing better against WC than RESIST is doing (which isn't much apparently).

One sided manner or shifty manner.

DeletedUser5774

This entire thread is about WC :) patting themselves on the back and only have 12 conquers (last I checked) in a war against a tribe that only has 7-8-9 players?

Impressive...

DeletedUser

You can only imagine how full of back patting our in-game forum is lol.

They were originally 7 very big players who dominated W9 for quite a while...and Pipsdad lol. Now Pipsdad is pretty much fighting the good fight on his own and hats off to him for it. In all fairness, if ever there was a player that deserved the 'Leonidas' title, it has to be him.

DeletedUser

well said col.

To be honest all we do is sit around the fireplace smoking pipes, drinking congac and blowing smoke up each others back sides. Its really quite pleasant. Grouse hunting later from what I understand.

Toodlepip old chaps!

DeletedUser3473

Now Pipsdad is pretty much fighting the good fight on his own and hats off to him for it. In all fairness, if ever there was a player that deserved the 'Leonidas' title, it has to be him.

Flattery works! +1 rep. No seriously, it's good see something other than flaming the other side.

...and Pipsdad lol.

On the other hand, "lol"?, you laughed at me? The only reason my mighty spear nuke is not bearing down on your sorry bottom right now is the points ratio won't let me. Just you wait until 13.11. 22:21 :spear::spear::spear::spear::spear::spear::spear::spear::spear::spear:

DeletedUser

I was just saying that Resist had been made up of a lot of the biggest players originally, and you don't have the vills or points of the others.
Though it must be said that nearly all the incoming attacks recently have been sent by you, so kudos on that.

DeletedUser3473

I understand Col, I just forgot to put a big grin at the end. ;-) Since you have sent your appreciation of my actions I think maybe I'll send a few more, just for the practice. :p

DeletedUser9701

Props to pip as you all have been giving, I am not going to waste to much time in making a long as reply but a couple things i want to point out.

WC played well in game and on the forums, For the records i actually quit over a week ago when i dumped my sit on sparks which was before there were any incoming on my account and I was still ranked 2. Since then i have logged in all of two - three times and have not really followed whats been going on.

12-1 in a week when this is a war you were preparing for, recruited heavily for and have been wanting ever since we declined the merger. And this against accounts WC have claimed to be mildly active at best with smaller troop counts than were expected.
And you are proud....

DeletedUser9748

If you hadn't been picking up villages so easily trying to catch me up in the ranks, you would have had more troops to defend if someone decides to war you. There is no excuse for the troop count and yes for that every tribe can be proud of.

In any case, I expected more from you and a descent fight but you seem to have given up...

DeletedUser3473

Well, I'm still here. Pipsdad Declares on the bottom 8 of WC :)

well why not, the rest of you are running away with it.