Welcome Message

• Thread starter DeletedUser4753
  • Start date

DeletedUser4753

Looks like uk13 got the new patch's Welcome messages today.

Got to say i like it, the fact it has your resources hauled, info on tribe makes it a nice sort of summary page.

Also as no doubt it can programmed by tw staff, they could instead of having a once in a blue moon world wide mail, (that weirdly they always double post after messing links up :p ) they could potentially put stuff on their.

Also I think it would be great if perhaps ribe bureaucracy could have things thier, again instead of spamming circs, a log on to tw and a quick 10-20 word message from tribe, along with all the others usual things would be nice and make it less like a bureaucratic winning from the top.

Also good for player development because the things that more experienced players do ie double check no enemy noblings close buy, get on tw stats and have a ganda at tribes players like ya do, its all their in a nice compact format.

Shock horror for once a remotely useful addition to the game!

Do people like or??????

DeletedUser4083

You can bring it back again from settings -> settings, but otherwise it will only show upon login.

DeletedUser6603

I like it, has lots of potential if it is made more customisable in the future!

DeletedUser4753

Completely agree, I mean even with dekillers attempt at the sorta of news, again assuming a world had someone interested in doing that sort of thing like we had, lil bullet ins via that, msg's from tribe, more awareness to the externals ie, did you know xxx is going on. +1 to whoever's idea twas :)

DeletedUser4753

all ready would like to see couple of things on this,

1. be nice to have the option to have another header for noble claims, would be usefull for barb nobling allies that we have all had, it it popped up so n so has claim this vill, n from coords you know its close to you and even maybe a farm, can quickly pull them up on it.

2. another thing what I suggested before could be some kind of Facebook style.notification if someone posts in your world forums.
already it tell me bout posts and threads in the internals but again a customizable tab for externals for people that use them??

will keep brain storming options are endless :)

DeletedUser4083

There are a lot of features that could be added, obviously too many for it to remain just a welcome page. Perhaps in future all the boxes could be like a widget, with TW allowing you to pick which widgets you wanted on your welcome page. Again there would still have to be a limit on the number of widgets allowed on the welcome page, but the ability to customise the welcome page to suit your own style of game play would certainly be a bonus.

If I have a few spare minutes I'll see if I can sketch out how it could work :)

DeletedUser4753

I was thinking something like a "HUD" action bar style.

Something like have say 5 slots, upon clicking one opens a menu with:

Slot 1

Villages nobles
Noble claims
Internal forum activity
external forum activity
could also implement some sort of warning system ie ( xx|xx no religion) (xx|xx nearing full capacity) (xx|xx not producing troops)
Tribe tab (instead of circs all the times a tab message?) (vills needed to be internelled?) (members in need of def urgently?) (opp plans?)
Farming efficiency %?

Then for every slot you would select one off the list up to however many tabs are their.

And yes i reckon not a welcome message but more a over view, overview atm is a over view of vills, this would act as a full account over view.

DeletedUser4083

This is the edit style that I have in mind:

Where you would find the customisation option
customisethewelcomescre.png

Editing the welcome screen
customisethewelcomescre.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4083

I don't know about president of the world, there would be a lot of pressure with that job :D

Glad you like it though :)

Right, I had better go sort out the forum header on .us for lisa, think I've kept her waiting long enough :p