What am i doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey peoples from W7, im Satellite some of u may have seen me round but anywhossss
I am terribad at start up and just wondering if anybody can give any tips, ive followed Purple pred's startupguide located
here: http://www.shiftax.com/shadevil/public/files/tribalwars/Lightning-Start-Up.htm

Village currently stands at:

HQ: 10
Barracks: 5
stable: 3
1st Church: 1
SMithery: 5
Rally: 1
Stat: 1
Market: 3
Wood: 10
clay: 8
Iron: 10
farm: 6
WH: 7
hiding Place: 1
Wall: 5

Farm:
Current population
Buildings (includes the building queue) 219
Troops 280
Troops in production 2
All 501/530

ODA: 158
ODD: 0
ODT: 0
Total Hauls: 95
Res Hauled: 39 995
Ive been farming, with terrible hauls but still farming and im still doing terribly. Anybody got any suggestions?

Sorry Mr. Mods if this is wrong forums but i like to think its W7 related.

DeletedUser1410

all depends on what your farming with
If you sending to many troops at a time then you will only loose ground to others around you
5 LC and a scout
15 Spears and 5 axes 1 scout
Send them around them amounts to villages and you'll get better farming
If you have to go back a few time to a village, thats fine
Well that not be what the top players do
But its what I do ;)

DeletedUser

Wood: 10
clay: 8
Iron: 10

I'm thinking upgrade these. It's noobish but when you can't farm in attack breaks they're your only sources of resources

DeletedUser

@ Ruff, ive been sending 15 spear 10 axe 1 scout, so im doing that right (had more axes than i needed) Only just started getting LC out.

@ Jadeth, i have been =) upped my iron from 8-10 so i can start pumping out some more LC.

DeletedUser

If your farms are very dry, clearly someone around you is farming, so you have to outcompete them by sending smaller farm runs (at one point, I was sending 6 spears 2 axes farm runs to everything in my area) and sending the said farm runs more frequently. As soon as you have researched light cavalry, maintain a consant LC queue in your stables (do your best to have it produce LC 24 hours a day, by queueing more LC are various intervals). You may find you wish to increase iron mine production to support your LC production. Trading off clay or wood (depending on your surpluses) for more iron may prove beneficial.

After which, a basic HQ rush may be your best bet followed by smithy and markets to prepare for academy, while at the same time maintaining a constant LC queue and bulking up on axe numbers to clear inactive farms if needed.

DeletedUser

If say i have a life and say i play for 2 hours in the morning and 3-4 at night depending on how tired i am, is there any farming tips i should use?

DeletedUser6695

send small groups of LC out in the morning on short hauls then longer hauls to land around your time of returnal, then farm the close farms again

DeletedUser

If say i have a life and say i play for 2 hours in the morning and 3-4 at night depending on how tired i am, is there any farming tips i should use?

You may have to boost your activity to counter the more active farmers around you.

When you get a decent amount of LC, you can use the "Battle Report Evaluator" which is a very useful script that calculates the amount of LC you need to send to a barbarian to completely remove all the resources from it, based on the prior scout report of the barb. I usually send 1 scout and a few LC to each barb in my area, then use BRE to clean out all the barbs that indicate full hauls, then rinse and repeat further out.

DeletedUser

Use script it may be, not useful if ur a kiddy like me and dont have a job to pay for premium. Just another little something, is it uselful to join a tribe with afew people around me just to get them to clear out the larger tribed players for me so farming becomes less competitive or just stick around solo and waste some troops on them later

DeletedUser

Use script it may be, not useful if ur a kiddy like me and dont have a job to pay for premium. Just another little something, is it uselful to join a tribe with afew people around me just to get them to clear out the larger tribed players for me so farming becomes less competitive or just stick around solo and waste some troops on them later

Better to be spread out than clustered by your tribemates. This is why I tend to enforce a "no recruitment in tribemembers' 15x15s" rule in TuToR.

DeletedUser

First mistake there, following a guide not designed for this world. That world for that particular guide did not have growing barbs. Second is farming. You're getting bad hauls, but continue to send same sized runs. I'm not sure the size of walls there, but lower your runs to as small as they can go, and send to more barbs.

Some farming runs can be 6 spears, 2 axes. If you have LC, send as low as you can. 2 lc, 1 scout, unless there is walls. If so, increase how many lc to that barb. The most important thing in farming is efficiency. If you have non-full hauls, you're being less efficient. Lowering troops in runs = more chance of full hauls = efficiency.

Looking at your schedule, seeing as you play 2 hours in the morning I would suggest this:

Wake up, and send scouts to all barbs in your 15. Check report and since you don't have a script, add up the res, then divide by how much the troop your sending can haul. For example, if you find a barb with 800, 800, 800 res. That's 2,400 total res. Divide by 80 (lc haul amount), and you know to send ~30.

When you get on at night, switch to a different farming method. Blanket farming will probably work best. Basically send lc and troops to every barb/farm you can. Send a scout with each also. The reason you don't use this in the morning is because you don't have the time. Scouting first gives you time to send scouts, then send lc/troops to gather res. At night when you get on, your farms will probably be fairly empty (due to UK players farming), and small "spam" farming will be most efficient and you have the time to do it.

Besides farming, as stated, LC should be priority until you can run stables 24/7. Everything else should be an afterthought. If you can, up wall or res to keep your HQ going. Other than that, this should be enough for now.

DeletedUser

@adellion
yea, i like that rule but i dont like the idea of wasting all my troops on some people then getting noobled later on. O wells thanks for your advice much appreciated and i shall try to implement it into the way i play. I shall be off to sleep because i have plans tomorrow.

@ monty
yea i figured that the guide was not rly designed for this world but since i know jack all about starting on a world, all the worlds ive ever done well on ive joined late and had a slightly prebuilt village surrounded by rimmed people who had quit so i just farmed away when ever i was on and always got full hauls. But ill take ur advice on low troop numbers to small villages without walls, should work for me coz i have scout reports of all my farms that are worth visiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree 100% with Ruffus.

every area needs a diffrent start up. Say you have a area like nauz started with 6 barbs in your 7x7 (i can't remember what it was :S) anyhow that area you might aswell get 150 spears+ and 50 axes. Then race for lcs.
But you need to be aware farming 2 hours on a morning and 3-4 on a night isn't going to get you in the top 40, well not on very comepative world.
If you are able to get a sitter during these times when you are mainly offline you will have a much better chance.

If you want to learn TuToR may be the tribe for you. As long as your willing to learn.

DeletedUser

Can we get into TuToR? I thought that was just a tribe for the leet.

DeletedUser

First mistake there, following a guide not designed for this world. That world for that particular guide did not have growing barbs. Second is farming. You're getting bad hauls, but continue to send same sized runs. I'm not sure the size of walls there, but lower your runs to as small as they can go, and send to more barbs.

Some farming runs can be 6 spears, 2 axes. If you have LC, send as low as you can. 2 lc, 1 scout, unless there is walls. If so, increase how many lc to that barb. The most important thing in farming is efficiency. If you have non-full hauls, you're being less efficient. Lowering troops in runs = more chance of full hauls = efficiency.

Looking at your schedule, seeing as you play 2 hours in the morning I would suggest this:

Wake up, and send scouts to all barbs in your 15. Check report and since you don't have a script, add up the res, then divide by how much the troop your sending can haul. For example, if you find a barb with 800, 800, 800 res. That's 2,400 total res. Divide by 80 (lc haul amount), and you know to send ~30.

When you get on at night, switch to a different farming method. Blanket farming will probably work best. Basically send lc and troops to every barb/farm you can. Send a scout with each also. The reason you don't use this in the morning is because you don't have the time. Scouting first gives you time to send scouts, then send lc/troops to gather res. At night when you get on, your farms will probably be fairly empty (due to UK players farming), and small "spam" farming will be most efficient and you have the time to do it.

Besides farming, as stated, LC should be priority until you can run stables 24/7. Everything else should be an afterthought. If you can, up wall or res to keep your HQ going. Other than that, this should be enough for now.

Brilliant post, + rep.

Can we get into TuToR? I thought that was just a tribe for the leet.

Far from it lol. We have a few leet players admittedly, but the majority of the players are students being taught under careful guidance.

Unfortunately, I have had to temporarily close recruitment as I do not want to be seen as mass-recruiting every tom, dick and harry, however, with the closure of recruitment, I'm sure TuToR numbers will dwindle and I will be able to open recruitment again.

However, there are rare exceptions where I will consider recruitment regardless.

Ofc, TuToR's recruitment policy revolves on a "no recruitment in tribemember's 15x15", Skype, and learning ethos when recruitment is open. More stringest tests are enforced if a player tries to apply as a teacher.

It is a teaching tribe, contact ifarmyourhidingplace and he may accommodate you

<3 me :3

DeletedUser

troll troll trololol u can delete this thread Mr. Modz thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.