What is the point?

DeletedUser9688

the hugh hefner name has nothing to do with w3, I came for a look after a suggestion from co players and to be honest would not pick either tribe, one lot are nobling barbs while according to the other tribe there is developed villas to take, this does not make sense. Then on the other side of the coin I see moaning and gloating as they seem to get off on praising themselves up. I am no great player and never will be, I co play no and again and have tried w9 to my failure, I expect soon to be farmed but will attempt to try again, but like Robert Bruce and the spider, unlike others that jump onto another account when the heat gets to much on theirs.

DeletedUser

Just a small point some people noble barbs to move trains around pointless trains may as well take something rather than just sit there making you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

DeletedUser5582

yes yes we hear you BUT there are big barbs out there or your inactives. 10k villa 500 pint villa YOU decide!

Unless the pixies make them do it :icon_eek:

As you guys say is up to you to play how you want and we hear you on this. But 500 point barbs.... I mean seriously whats the point!

DeletedUser8782

yes yes we hear you BUT there are big barbs out there or your inactives. 10k villa 500 pint villa YOU decide!

As you guys say is up to you to play how you want and we hear you on this. But 500 point barbs.... I mean seriously whats the point!

Jo has a point here, it is pretty god damn stupid to noble 500pt barbs, i cant imagine how long it tkaes to build them up so thye are full of troops

DeletedUser

While searching for an answer I went far and wide!
"Why would someone noble a 500 point barb?" and then, I found the answers!

It is a new update, when you are being absolutely pwned you can noble 500 point villages and get the new "Fail defense" it protects all of these villages with an invisibility cloak! They are COMPLETELY invisible to us. DEATH are just nobling them so once all their big villages are gone we won't be able to find them :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Oh Jo, I agree I think I nobled one once but it was a case of wrong coords rather than deliberate, however I have known it done to move trains to more convenient locations it all depends what is in the locality.

I agree that if there are better oportunities for part trains in the area then they should be taken.

Common sense to me, but as you know Jo I am a mere mortal :icon_biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5528

This is quite an interesting debate. Lets face it head on.

Back in the early days of uk3 while we were all building up our accounts and tribes I put a ban on my members nobling 500 or similar pointed barbs unless it was approved by me beforehand. Players found to be doing it were dealt with harshly, we even had one noble a baby baby of less than 100 points and this player was quickly removed. The reason I felt so strongly about this at the time was nobling these barbs did not remove the enemy. The best way to ensure your own safety is not to noble a barb and build defense but to to remove the threat that faces you head on. Although you may say "EVIL Dictator" telling people how they must play is wrong it did work. We removed neighbouring tribe after tribe from our borders and did this as a team and this is what got TFF to its successes. You basically also get from this a reputation that any tribe wishing to take out yours is not going to get an easy ride by any means. So looking back the ban was one of the best decisions I made.

Now we are much further through the world and nobles are expensive. With this being the case I still do not noble 500 point villages as I cant afford to.

The strategies of Death and TFF however are very different and I feel this is necessary to keep uk3 alive and people enjoying the game. Death you have far too much defense but that is my opinion and not yours and this is fine. I think if we TFF decided to noble almost every single 500 pointer in our territory and use it to build defenses then uk3 would very quickly grind to a halt and become a ridiculous stalemate.

I dont know about you but I dont want to still be here in 1,2 or 3 years time still trying to conquer a fictional world for a prize of premium points that I just wont use. An agressive smack and grab policy is the best to at least try and get this over with in my eyes. Especially as between us we dont have enough active players to fill even 1 tribe to its limit.

So to summarise I do see why you and others take 500 pointers and I am sure even some TFF players do it abit I do not choose to adopt this policy myself.

DeletedUser

I find the walls always kill me so I leave well alone to be honest. Hard nutters these barbs.

DeletedUser

I find the walls always kill me so I leave well alone to be honest. Hard nutters these barbs.

Ed we all know you are a noob lol but you only noble villages that smell of Jack Daniels whatever the points

And Jo all I can say about Dan is that he has a lot of gold on his uniform and probably wears mirror aviators

DeletedUser

Ok we have a spy...how did you know that info....Dan quick switch glasses, I'll change drinks.

DeletedUser5582

And Jo all I can say about Dan is that he has a lot of gold on his uniform and probably wears mirror aviators

probably?! Lol as your Pixies have told you Dan is drenched in medals and braid! Mind you he can levitate and has taken out a 99 year lease on a compound in Texas to fulfill his destiny (think heavy breathing and the words Acheron you do not know the power of the dark side) .

Still is a handy guy when you leave home without your axe as a bit of heavy breathing and some fingers clenched together and all is well!

DeletedUser

Hats off the Mr. Zamenhof...Never seen such an event as to what he's done today. Over 100 barbs and counting!

Congrats!

DeletedUser5582

see even in barb nobling we are better than you guys :icon_eek:

DeletedUser

500 pt Barb eating

Side 1:
Players: Zamenhof
Side 2:
Players: star123

Timeframe: Last 48 hours

Total conquers:

Side 1: 185
Side 2: 21
Difference: 164

chart

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 99,864
Side 2: 10,858
Difference: 89,006

chart

Well you may know my opinion, but still good to see Zam winning that as well...:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser5528

There is no pride in nobling these things..

what on earth is going on here ...........

A race on nobling 500 pointers is a race I would rather lose..