what makes a good player?

DeletedUser

I don't play w4 anymore, silly noob.

Your post was immature, as are the previous and following comments, stay off the forums, your embarrass your name and your fellow co-players. I'm not american, nor am i childish.

You didn't farm over 1k villages, your co-players did. I can see your just a noob that got lucky with some decent co-players.

If your going to continue posting on the forums, you should re-read what you write first.

Im not going to bother with yet another 14 year old noob.(seems to be a lot of these on tw)

You blame Grant's spelling etc. and yet your own is completely wrong. You think calling a very successful TW player a 'silly noob.' is going to affect him also it makes you appear very childish.

Another thing going back to this "14 year old noob.". You seem to be one to focus on picking on 'kids' as you call them, yet I have never heard of you before this world and you appear to attack some VERY successful players. So far you've disagreed and argued (completely wrong the whole time) with: Nauzhror, Grant, Namaz.. Who next? :icon_razz:

I'm 14...I'm better than you... :icon_rolleyes:

PS. Fix your own Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling before you pick on others.

DeletedUser

You know at first you had a something like a point clearly grant isn't as strong on the PnP as he is ingame, but now you're making a fool of yourself sorry to say I even logged back on (first time in 3 months) to post this, so imagine how dissapointed I am in the common sence in your post .

I must say the combination of Grant Miggy and Namaz is killing. I saw Miggy solo on a normal world and he is solo almost unstoppable.
Now you're probably going to say that this just proves that Miggy does all the work and Grant is just a noob who claims to be good over the succes of Miggy, now I can tell you this first of all Grant won too many speed rounds to not be good, second why in the world would miggy keep playing with a noob co-player (more than once) and third why would he get backed up by Namaz if he isn't as good as he says he is.

So please shut up I saw the combination of Grant and Miggy and I can tell they are both good players and in a one vs. one battle almost everyone will lose.

Please shut up and go on in your tribe forums ore something.

You're abit right.

Namaz = The loyal player of Smile? (doesn't backstab). Liked by many.

Miggy = In between Grant/nMe... n@me? and Namaz (Backstabs sometimes, but when co-playing with namaz he doesn't, but when he's co-playing with me he does, and I'll take the blame, but he gets the fun, as I don't care). Hated by some and liked by some.

me/Grant/nMe... n@me? = The backstabber and doesn't care. (Doesn't backstab if Namaz doesn't want me to). Hated player by many on .net

That's why Smile? is the best account on .uk.

Miggy shown me how to start up on slow worlds good, and shown me alot of tricks, but I've never been a farmer or good at starting up. I like the fighting/backtiming/spliting/sniping/defending/timing part of the game. I find farming, and calculating very boring, but I can do it. Speed doesn't take knowing how to build up good at the start like slow worlds do. It takes alot of tricks,skills,spliting,sniping and backtiming to do. If you think to get #1 on speed you've just got to be active you're right, but being #1 on a slow world takes up alot of activity long-term. You can still get #1 on a slow world with a bad start up. It's easy to split a noble train on a slow world, but you've got to be alot faster at it when it's coming at you 400 times faster.

Me, and Namaz always argue about who we're going to noble or how to farm, and Miggy always comes up with an idea in between that will work good, and we all use that.

nMe... n@me?
Namaz
I am MIGGY
= The Perfect Team

Edit: Radarr I got a D in English, and a A in Maths, and I stoped going school in year 9. I don't care about my spelling to be honest ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think about 50% of the players if given a nice account that is above all of the rest (i.e smile?'s account) then they could maintain rank 1.

Seriously?

DeletedUser

You blame Grant's spelling etc. and yet your own is completely wrong. You think calling a very successful TW player a 'silly noob.' is going to affect him also it makes you appear very childish.

Another thing going back to this "14 year old noob.". You seem to be one to focus on picking on 'kids' as you call them, yet I have never heard of you before this world and you appear to attack some VERY successful players. So far you've disagreed and argued (completely wrong the whole time) with: Nauzhror, Grant, Namaz.. Who next? :icon_razz:

I'm 14...I'm better than you... :icon_rolleyes:

PS. Fix your own Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling before you pick on others.

your 14 and your a noob.

You aren't better than me, you don't even know me, that is what really annoys me, someone is 'better' than someone because you've seen them play properly or because they go to every world forum and spam them (which is what you do, that doesn't make you a good player, its make you a spamming noob)

Kids have no idea what they are talking about. 'kids should be seen and not heard' is a nice old saying about kids, ill grant you that i can not hear you, but its just as bad. I haven't attacked anyone, if you bothered to read the posts you will see 'grant' (i.e smile) making very immature stupid posts to another player.

I've never been wrong, I haven't attacked namaz either, you should shut up and go to school since you have no idea what your talking about, i haven't corrected people on their grammar and spelling either. If you want to correct my spellings and grammar, feel free to, but don't start whining when you get infracted for it.

i told him to re-read what he wrote because his post would make more sense that way, not because of his grammar/spellings.

Thargoran said:
Please reread the text before posting it to avoid mistakes. Your text might be read by hundreds of players so make sure it is understandable. Be economical with quotations! Quote only the relevant parts so that posts won't get unnecessarily long.

Instead of trying to flame me because Smile?'s account is bigger than everyone else, use common sense and read the topic first.

p.s You see my 'join date' Obviously ive been around longer than you. 'lindley08' hmm i wonder if 08 stands for 2008. Just because you don't know my skill level, doesn't make you the better player, Ive also quit W4 as W3 is a much better world. Both worlds i started late on, and i haven't been nobled on either.

DeletedUser

your 14 and your a noob.

Such mature speech from an adult. :icon_rolleyes:

You aren't better than me, you don't even know me, that is what really annoys me, someone is 'better' than someone because you've seen them play properly or because they go to every world forum and spam them (which is what you do, that doesn't make you a good player, its make you a spamming noob)

Obviously, I just troll the forums? Is that why I have played every one of these worlds and can participate in these discussions.

Kids have no idea what they are talking about. 'kids should be seen and not heard' is a nice old saying about kids, ill grant you that i can not hear you, but its just as bad. I haven't attacked anyone, if you bothered to read the posts you will see 'grant' (i.e smile) making very immature stupid posts to another player.

Yet at the same time today my Citizenship teacher had a whole discussion with me today about the Election Debates and my views etc. and we talked about all that, he also commented on how the voting age should be younger just because 'kids' are underestimated today.

I did bother reading the posts and yes, Grant did post some immature posts - I did say that, but I also pointed out that you were just as worse replying with "silly noob.".

I've never been wrong

Obviously :icon_rolleyes:

I haven't attacked namaz either, you should shut up and go to school since you have no idea what your talking about, i haven't corrected people on their grammar and spelling either. If you want to correct my spellings and grammar, feel free to, but don't start whining when you get infracted for it.

I didn't comment on you attacking Namaz. I commented on you attacking Grant and his spelling/punctuation/grammar when clearly you were.

Obviously, a mature adult response would go along the lines of: "Shut up and go to school".

Instead of trying to flame me because Smile?'s account is bigger than everyone else, use common sense and read the topic first.

So you believe I am afraid of Smile? account. :lol:

p.s You see my 'join date' Obviously ive been around longer than you. 'lindley08' hmm i wonder if 08 stands for 2008. Just because you don't know my skill level, doesn't make you the better player, Ive also quit W4 as W3 is a much better world. Both worlds i started late on, and i haven't been nobled on either.

Sure. Realize that this is on .co.uk and that this is my 2nd/3rd account on .co.uk. If you'd been round a tad longer you would've realized that.

Both worlds i started late on, and i haven't been nobled on either.

Is that the part which makes you sound good? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

your 14 and your a noob.

I've never been wrong, I haven't attacked namaz either, you should shut up and go to school since you have no idea what your talking about, i haven't corrected people on their grammar and spelling either. If you want to correct my spellings and grammar, feel free to, but don't start whining when you get infracted for it.

i told him to re-read what he wrote because his post would make more sense that way, not because of his grammar/spellings.

Bold- Then tell us which other names you played under? as far as I can see for stats on uk and .net server theres not much to look at

To try and bring it back around to OT from reading a number of your posts it suggest's to me that you think a good player should also be a top class poster on the externals.....I said in my first post here that a good external forum presence can be benifical to some extent but not as much a to have an effect on the players gamplay/style.

Admittadly it can have an effect on who attacks/defends that player as many use the externals as a way of 'flaming' a player, maybe say lowering moral of that player before they attack which can be a very usefull tactic if done properly.

DeletedUser

This is on .net, by the way...

Your player&id=3,182,825
My player&id=103,449

Congratulations. You joined Tribal Wars 3 million players later than I did. But just because i've been playing much, much, much, much longer, doesn't make me a better player. I probably joined earlier than most people on this world, but I don't claim to be anything better than average.

DeletedUser

The longer you've been playing doesn't make you a better player. Some learn fast, and some learn slow, and you Lindley08 are one of the very slow ones I'm afraid. You're not a good player, and never will be.

Quit the game, leave the forums. No-one likes you.

DeletedUser

Infact, just deleted my reply, im not going to bother with two 14 year olds and someone that is so clueless they named their account clueless.

DeletedUser

Edit: It seems you removed your post, and I never btohered to uote it so I shortened mine to try get back on-topic.

I tried to be nice and as far as this post goes there is no flaming involved, so please dont take it that way.(Nor were any of my others flmaing posts.

So please instead of telling me to shut up the least you could do is remove the personal 'idiot' insult you flung at Smile?, calm down and get back to the on-topic of this thread which is what makes a good player.

Now in my last post before yours I said I got the feeling that aswell as the in-game tactics of that player it would seem your opinion(and every opinion is valid there are no right or wrong answers) is that the player/s should also have good external forum presence. How about we discuss that, as in why do you think that, and do you aswell as myself think it can have an effect on thier in-game situation?

i do not wish to be involved in an argument or 'flame fest' with you nor anyone I would simply like to get back on topic.........:)

Disregard the Italics as you rightfull removed it.

DeletedUser

Infact, just deleted my reply, im not going to bother with two 14 year olds and someone that is so clueless they named their account clueless.

You've yet to reply to my response.

Cat got your tongue?

DeletedUser

For those new to the thread, lets recap. In order to be a good player you need:

*Good starting position, but not essential.
*Basic knowledge
*Luck
*An efficient build
*Ability to adapt
*Intuition
*Activity
*Skill
*Diplomacy
*Common sense
*Humility
*Refreshments
*Humility

Close thread.

DeletedUser

^^ Agreed. Oh and thanks whoever repped me :lol:

Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Comment
what makes a good player? 27.04.2010 19:26 owned lindley

DeletedUser

*Good starting position, but not essential.
*Basic knowledge
*Luck
*An efficient build
*Ability to adapt
*Intuition
*Activity
*Skill
*Diplomacy
*Common sense
*Humility
*Refreshments
*Humility

Close thread.

I disagree wiith the Diplomacy part

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I disagree wiith the Diplomacy part

Diplomacy can mean different things.

Being able to make neighbors clear villages for you out of fear, making them clear each other then nobling them both, and just generally manipulating people with your words is a form of diplomacy that is useful for everyone, not just tribal leaders.

DeletedUser

I had the great pleasure of farming grant once.

Jeez that was fun.

DeletedUser

Diplomacy can mean different things.

Being able to make neighbors clear villages for you out of fear, making them clear each other then nobling them both, and just generally manipulating people with your words is a form of diplomacy that is useful for everyone, not just tribal leaders.

I class players that do stuff for me like clearing and stuff for me when they're not in the tribe I'm in or an ally of my tribe my [censored] or 'morale basher' lol, and yeah I've done alot of that making them attack someone stuff. They've got 3 nobles, they want to noble someone, but need someone to time a noble infront. I ask them there distance from the village, and give them a time to send it, then 15mins after there sending time I send my train at them rofl.

Clamju I've never been farmed before, unless I started the word, and quit right away lol. I've never tried to win, and ended up being farmed. Three people that have beat me in a 1 Vs 1 before, and that's Miggy, Phillip, maRRta, but I've also beaten them alot of times also.

DeletedUser

Oh I caught you once when you once. you were dodging but I was getting some res. My mistake was stopping the attacks, cause you later cleared me :p

You probably don't remember, was months ago

DeletedUser

*Good starting position, but not essential. It makes it easier but like you said it isn't essential at all
*Basic knowledge A must
*Luck I wouldn't say luck is essential to make someone good, how is it possible that some players are number 1 on every world they play or lets say top 10. This is just because they play better not because they have luck every time they play
*An efficient build Must, but this is part of the basic knowledge
*Ability to adapt Very important at start up in my opinion to get the perfect start up you need to adapt to settings for example, but like Thar proves every time he plays with his HC strat, everything can be winning if you do it right.
*Intuition Hmm difficult, I don't really know in what sort of way you mean this.
*Activity Ofcourse activity is a must, but I think more important is how to schedule your activity, my mistake in previous worlds was my activity for example when I am near a computer I want to play this game (when I was still playing), but because of the long runs I made because of this I spent alot of useless time to this game, because I could have better made 4 short online periods instead of 1 major.
*Skill This is relevant, but I think skills means you are able to play like you should play and just do the things we are writing here. It is not that you are born to be good at this, like sports.
*Diplomacy I say no, Diplomacy is needed to survive in long term not to be a good player, I've seen very good players (individuals) who were very bad in reacting to other players
*Common sense This is a must for the internet in first place, shame so very few people got it.
*Humility Yes, but is like the diplomacy part I think, ore I misunderstood something here
*Refreshments Don't get this one either

Close thread.

my opinon