• Start date

DeletedUser6120

ok, it bugs me a lot
if u have incoming to vill X in form of
A - 08.00.01.600
B - 08.00.01.850
C - 08.00.02.100
D - 08.00.02.350
you send support from X to vill Y (30min travel) and call it back @ 07.30.02.010
Support will return to X @ 08.00.02.000,
I am not certain is it going to add to deffenses of X immediately or
something similar to "backtiming" will take place?

DeletedUser

It will add to the defence immidiatly, and the train (Assuming it's a train) will be sniped.

But, and easier way than timing support in against trains like that is to attack a barbarian/player/your own vill if you want, and make it land back at 08:00:02:000 as all attacks return at :000 miliseconds.

Backtiming is completely different, you described sniping, backtiming is when you know what time your opponents troops are going to arrive back, and you launch an attack to hit their troops when they have just returned.

DeletedUser6120

thx,
u know that this "tactic" is kind of hard to test
in game, so prefered to be sure.
Have used term "backtiming" coz troop returning
to vill (either from attack or support).

Let me ask about backtiming then, does fact of
attack just after return change returning troops
ability (some saying that it is based on fact that
units are still on rally point), or just use advantage
of attacking troops in attack over same troops in
defense?

DeletedUser

thx,
u know that this "tactic" is kind of hard to test
in game, so prefered to be sure.
Have used term "backtiming" coz troop returning
to vill (either from attack or support).

Let me ask about backtiming then, does fact of
attack just after return change returning troops
ability (some saying that it is based on fact that
units are still on rally point), or just use advantage
of attacking troops in attack over same troops in
defense?

The latter.

It's just good for catching opponents offences whilst they're at home. Effectively defusing a nuke before it's had the ability to go off.

There's no special bonus for doing it though, and you can end up backtiming into a stacked village occasionally, but it's usually worth it.

DeletedUser1189

Ive never done it, seems a lot of hard work and ive never really looked into the mechanics of back timing based on the hard work part, but I never understood the concept really as from what I understand, if you are dodging the enemies troops and then launching straight after them there is a delay. This could be minimised by having the troops already returning and a seperate window set up ready to just launch the attack. But even based on update times, they technically still have a moment they could dodge themselves.

Ive read to avoid them being able to dodge that theres the option of just sending some cats and hitting there rally point. But if someone did that to me there cats would hit my defence anyway.

The whole concept of back timing is generally an claim to some level of expertise in timing. If you can succesfully back time someone all it means is the enemy was a poor player who was over confident and didnt bother with a defence. Not exactly a hard kill. You generally find a load of people in the core, especially in premades not building a decent solid build and rely on there backtime as an agressive defence. It has its advanatages and the gains are great as you get off the starting blocks in a world as all you have is raw nuking power, but unless you going to play 24/7 or have people sitting, as you carrying no defence in your build then ultimetly it can prove for a very quick and fatal end to your game.

Backtiming also seems to be a completely made redundant once the game has progressed and your village numbers increase even by a slight amount as you can then just stack support. Its definetly only a viable system to bother taking the effort to perfect if you intend playing a massively high attacking off the starting blocks player who has no time to build a defence infrastructure.

A lot of people who like the thrill of being world start up players and racing to top rankings and getting the early recognitions in time lines will probably use this system a lot more, someone who is more interested in playing a world long term is much more likely to start with a more structured mix of attack and defence and be more difficult to back time. Especially if they have been farming a lot and have a decent starting wall when you back time into them :D

DeletedUser

Roch - Great post - Here is the Backtime discussion.

Couple of good points for both sides in there about the uses and effectiveness of Backtiming :3