Whats the most important part of the game..?

DeletedUser

Most top players shun activity as advantageous. In reality, it is. It's true it's about what you do with your time and activity doesn't equal success. Take any top player, and allow them a 4 hour block to play. If they're top still, I will bow. I'm not talking about 4 hours scattered through out either, imo that's just as good as 24/7.

DeletedUser

The most important part of the game is to enjoy what you are doing.

pointless being able to out think and outplay all your aponents and have a 15 million pt account if you are bored stupid playing. This is why a good portion of the players I have played alongside have long quit and moved on as they lost interest in the game. This is also a reason some good players like the excitement of starting then quit and move onto another world as they get bored.

Some do like to stick it out (as can be seen on the early .net worlds) but not many.

DeletedUser

I know all parts of the game that are important but I wanted your opinions as to what is the MOST important.

Farming - The act of plunderng resources from another village. Obviously this important, res enables you to produce troops and construct (upgrade buildings). Mines dont bring the same income as farming so for this reason an effcient farming schedule is of upmost importance.

Start up strategy - This pretty much explains itself. How you go about the start of the game can obvously gve you an edge over your opponents or if done wrong can put you at a dsadvantage for the late game. This guy named Nauzhror or somethng lke that is a preacher or the startup and known to be not to bad at it but can a bad start up be overcome if farming like a dem on and sniping nano second trains..?

Late Game - Pretty much the opposite of start up funnily enough and for this reason I wont explain it to much. Do you think late game can be successful with a bad startup?

Activity - How much of the day (or week) do you actualy spend logged in? obvously you cant do much without being on but if you farm more when you are logged on than someone who spends all day on TW then wouldnt farming still be more important? activity would be more important if you were productive but surely useless if you were a noob?

Building Strategy - The when and wheres of bulding and teching up. Building your villa the correct way ( is there even a correct way?)

These are aspects of the game I think are important and I know they are quite a mixed bunch, But In your opinion what would you say is Most important? Obviously all of them are to an extent. I want lots of different opinions on this as in my view Farming like a biatch will make up for almost anything.

Personally to be in the top 50 or top 20 you must have skill and knowlegde of this game not any old noob can pointwhore all the way through a world. I cannot decide which one of these quotes above are worthy of my choice. In all of them you must be Elite. What do you think? :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser1511

Personally to be in the top 50 or top 20 you must have skill and knowlegde of this game not any old noob can pointwhore all the way through a world. I cannot decide which one of these quotes above are worthy of my choice. In all of them you must be Elite. What do you think? :icon_rolleyes:

I think that if i read your comment right. and you think being top 50 or top 20 makes you elite, then you are a very cool guy who needs to learn a thing or 2 about tw :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You don’t have to be in the top 50 to be elite, and being in the top 50 doesn’t make you elite either..... the art is staying there.. I have seen people come to a world, under an alias, very late, just to have a few laughs with friends and they were most definitely one of the known elite of the game and they had no intention of trying to push for the top 50.

It al depends on what your view of the TW world is; some wish to push themselves and put in the time and experience it takes to stay up there in the top 50 (kudos to those who do); others no longer wish to prove anything and are here for just the game and friends. Others sit somewhere in between because RL stops them putting in enough time.

Where-ever the player sits and their outlook on the game, I think the true "elite" are such through recognition of their peers.

As for the original post as to what are the most important aspects of the game. there no aspects (and this is my opinion) more important than others. It is getting the balance that makes a good Player, a good leader and thus a good tribe.

DeletedUser1511

You don’t have to be in the top 50 to be elite, and being in the top 50 doesn’t make you elite either..... the art is staying there.. I have seen people come to a world, under an alias, very late, just to have a few laughs with friends and they were most definitely one of the known elite of the game and they had no intention of trying to push for the top 50.

It al depends on what your view of the TW world is; some wish to push themselves and put in the time and experience it takes to stay up there in the top 50 (kudos to those who do); others no longer wish to prove anything and are here for just the game and friends. Others sit somewhere in between because RL stops them putting in enough time.

Where-ever the player sits and their outlook on the game, I think the true "elite" are such through recognition of their peers.

As for the original post as to what are the most important aspects of the game. there no aspects (and this is my opinion) more important than others. It is getting the balance that makes a good Player, a good leader and thus a good tribe.

Top 50 when exactly?
I dont know about "elite", but even mid game it is very easy to be top 40 putting in a few hours a day for farming. I dont know why these so called "elites" would need to "push" to get there.

Seriously, where do you get these ideas?:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Top 50 when exactly?
I dont know about "elite", but even mid game it is very easy to be top 40 putting in a few hours a day for farming. I dont know why these so called "elites" would need to "push" to get there.

wow - put a lot of effort into that post ! :icon_rolleyes:

so by your reconing "it is very easy to be top 40 putting in a few hours a day for farming"; so its pretty easy to be top 40 and those there in this world or any other world haven't worked hard to do it, just managed to put in a few hours farming.....WOW .... what ********* (removed to save mods reminding me of need to keep it clean).

and any player, even elites, need to put in a bit of work to succeed..... as a lazy player, no matter how good they are, will eventually get nobled out....... and shortly there after (if they have a PnP presence) will usually offer a multitude of excuses why they failed. If you dont believe me look at some of the flaming in the early days of w30 on .net where some supposed "elite players" were well and truly rimmed.

DeletedUser

Top 50 when exactly?

Wardy, what worlds are you playing on the UK server? :icon_rolleyes:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Wardy, what worlds are you playing on the UK server? :icon_rolleyes:

He's played two, both of which he was top 10 in. He doesn't need to be currently playing one to know what he's talking about.

And simply put, he's right.

You aren't necessarily good if you are top 40, but if you aren't top 40 it's a pretty safe bet that you aren't an excellent player since it's fairly easy to be top 40 even when not very active. Especially on .uk.

Rank 40 is 1,822 points. The world is 24 days old. I passed that 1,822 point mark on December 20th. That means that to be top 40 you must be able to do in 24 days what I did in 13. That's not hard for anyone half-decent, active or not.

DeletedUser1511

wow - put a lot of effort into that post ! :icon_rolleyes:

so by your reconing "it is very easy to be top 40 putting in a few hours a day for farming"; so its pretty easy to be top 40 and those there in this world or any other world haven't worked hard to do it, just managed to put in a few hours farming.....WOW .... what ********* (removed to save mods reminding me of need to keep it clean).

and any player, even elites, need to put in a bit of work to succeed..... as a lazy player, no matter how good they are, will eventually get nobled out....... and shortly there after (if they have a PnP presence) will usually offer a multitude of excuses why they failed. If you dont believe me look at some of the flaming in the early days of w30 on .net where some supposed "elite players" were well and truly rimmed.
Hey errm i know you, but you must really suck at tw.
Top 40 here it goes.
Log in morning send farming from bookmarks 2 minutes. Log in when troops return after work/school. Send troops out when they return then sre some reports. And then before i go to sleep farming again. I send my troops out while i am away, and farm when i am at home.
What is strenuous about that exactly ?

I mean am no "elite" but that doesnt seem to be hard to me :)

DeletedUser

He's played two, both of which he was top 10 in. He doesn't need to be currently playing one to know what he's talking about.

And simply put, he's right.

You aren't necessarily good if you are top 40, but if you aren't top 40 it's a pretty safe bet that you aren't an excellent player since it's fairly easy to be top 40 even when not very active. Especially on .uk.

Rank 40 is 1,822 points. The world is 24 days old. I passed that 1,822 point mark on December 20th. That means that to be top 40 you must be able to do in 24 days what I did in 13. That's not hard for anyone half-decent, active or not.

I was just asking what worlds he played. It was a genuine question.

DeletedUser

Activity is extremely important if you want great ranks at earlier stages. A player that is not as active as another may be still able to catch up to him if he plays his cards correctly, it will just take longer

DeletedUser

I know all parts of the game that are important but I wanted your opinions as to what is the MOST important.

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I think that playing the game to win and complete the world is important. A strong workable pace with a plan and persistance unerpinned with a knowledge of the game will serve one best.

I am looking forward to developing these, yet bow to those clearly superior and further ahead in practical knowledge.

DeletedUser8385

bleh playing to complete the world, i am not a huge fan of the prospect but will attempt it on uk6, and yes i am lurking on an account i log into 1-2 times a day on uk7 lol

DeletedUser

bleh playing to complete the world, i am not a huge fan of the prospect but will attempt it on uk6, and yes i am lurking on an account i log into 1-2 times a day on uk7 lol

You should log on mine instead (mmm)

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Sorry I couldn't resist.

I think that playing the game to win and complete the world is important. A strong workable pace with a plan and persistance unerpinned with a knowledge of the game will serve one best.

I am looking forward to developing these, yet bow to those clearly superior and further ahead in practical knowledge.

Those who go according to a plan will fail unless every aspect is covered and you will know what you are doing in every possible situation...

DeletedUser

You should log on mine instead (mmm)

Those who go according to a plan will fail unless every aspect is covered and you will know what you are doing in every possible situation...

I dont mean having a step by step plan but a plan based on understanding principles of the game and when to stick to them, also when to break them.

Realy it is situational awareness combined with experience and knowledge. I supose ulitmatly I mean correct understanding. I just explained it in a round about way. Thanks for pulling that up though.

DeletedUser

I dont mean having a step by step plan but a plan based on understanding principles of the game and when to stick to them, also when to break them.

Realy it is situational awareness combined with experience and knowledge. I supose ulitmatly I mean correct understanding. I just explained it in a round about way. Thanks for pulling that up though.

Very well said, that is *crucial*. :) + rep

DeletedUser

Efficiency... Which is being aware of every aspect and considering every possibility and working out the best. I have a guide back in TuToR I really want to develop with better players.

Secondly - Aim. Are you looking for rank 1? Top 20? Playing the game for fun? Hobby? If you aren't gonna try to become rank 1, you won't. So attitude and aims could also come in I guess.

DeletedUser8815

for me, the most important skill, is judgement. Anyone who can follow directions can send trains in 150 m/s and anybody can snipe them.

But judgement....Is an acquired skill and cannot be taught. Which tribe is best for me? Can I noble that guy, how good is his tribe, will I lose my nobles, is it cost effective. How threatened am I? do I need to make more defence or is it better to noble my aggressors? hmmm, answering these questions among others is what makes a good player great

Nauzhror

Reaction score
If you aren't gonna try to become rank 1, you won't. So attitude and aims could also come in I guess.

Lardingd regularly gets rank 1 despite trying to avoid it. He likes rank 2, less mail, less suiciding attacks, etc. :p