Whats the most important part of the game..?

DeletedUser8687

I know all parts of the game that are important but I wanted your opinions as to what is the MOST important.

Farming - The act of plunderng resources from another village. Obviously this important, res enables you to produce troops and construct (upgrade buildings). Mines dont bring the same income as farming so for this reason an effcient farming schedule is of upmost importance.

Battle Tactics - Any noob can can send a noble train and dodge an attack nowadays. But how important is these techniques in comparison to the other areas of the game. Backtiming can be really effective to counter an opponent and turn the tables and sniping a noble train can save you some time and even save a village.

Diplomacy - The whos and whens of alliances and wars. Diplomacy can be the make or break of a tribe at tme of battle but surely a tribe competant in farming and battle tactcs can overcome bad diplomatic decisions..?

Start up strategy - This pretty much explains itself. How you go about the start of the game can obvously gve you an edge over your opponents or if done wrong can put you at a dsadvantage for the late game. This guy named Nauzhror or somethng lke that is a preacher or the startup and known to be not to bad at it but can a bad start up be overcome if farming like a dem on and sniping nano second trains..?

Late Game - Pretty much the opposite of start up funnily enough and for this reason I wont explain it to much. Do you think late game can be successful with a bad startup?

Activity - How much of the day (or week) do you actualy spend logged in? obvously you cant do much without being on but if you farm more when you are logged on than someone who spends all day on TW then wouldnt farming still be more important? activity would be more important if you were productive but surely useless if you were a noob?

Building Strategy - The when and wheres of bulding and teching up. Building your villa the correct way ( is there even a correct way?)

These are aspects of the game I think are important and I know they are quite a mixed bunch, But In your opinion what would you say is Most important? Obviously all of them are to an extent. I want lots of different opinions on this as in my view Farming like a biatch will make up for almost anything.

DeletedUser8779

They all are very important parts of this game indeed. Diplomacy is definitely the make or break of a tribe in my opinion. The building strategy is the thing you need to get close to perfect at the start of the game or you just simply fall behind. Farming is very important and probably is the most important one along with building strategy as you need to start farming as early on as possible.
Resource Farming= Win

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Late Game - Pretty much the opposite of start up funnily enough and for this reason I wont explain it to much. Do you think late game can be successful with a bad startup?

Absolutely. A lot of high ranked players in late-game had terrible starts but had the good fortune of not being near someone who was a top startup player and as such eventually rose through the ranks not due to their skill at the game but by those above them slowly getting bored, quitting, and/or nobling each other.

DeletedUser

Farming & activity are the main ones for success if you consider success as being rank 1.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Farming & activity are the main ones for success if you consider success as being rank 1.

Build Order matters more than activity, and arguably farming as well. Temporary has hauled far more resources than me, but aside from that my account is superior in almost every way, more troops, higher mines (which will matter a lot when the attack break starts), closer to academy, etc.

DeletedUser

Build Order matters more than activity, and arguably farming as well. Temporary has hauled far more resources than me, but aside from that my account is superior in almost every way, more troops, higher mines (which will matter a lot when the attack break starts), closer to academy, etc.

Build order does not matter at late-game, whereas farming and activity matter throughout the entire game, which makes them more significant. Build order only matters at startup, which represents a tiny fraction of the game.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Build order does not matter at late-game, whereas farming and activity matter throughout the entire game, which makes them more significant. Build order only matters at startup, which represents a tiny fraction of the game.

Build order absolutely matters past startup.

It has a huge effect on how soon after nobling a village you can have a full defense or offense built in it unless you're lucky enough for all the villages you're nobling to come with your ideal village build out of the box.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Build order absolutely latters past startup.

It has a huge effect on how soon after nobling a village you can have a full defense or offense built in it unless you're lucky enough for all the villages you're nobling to come with your ideal village build out of the box.

I tend to noble large 9k targets at late-game, therefore build order matters little, as 90% of the village is pre-built for you.

DeletedUser

Troops are not superior if you count the fact of axes lost clearing, no mass spear building, and in accordance to your strategy this world. Mines may be higher, but rax/stable is higher. With your strategy, you may feel more comfortable but the way I'm playing, no.

DeletedUser8740

Troops are not superior if you count the fact of axes lost clearing, no mass spear building, and in accordance to your strategy this world. Mines may be higher, but rax/stable is higher. With your strategy, you may feel more comfortable but the way I'm playing, no.

I fail to see why axes lost clearing are of any significance in the argument you are trying to make. The rest of the points are somewhat a matter of opinion although I do consider higher mines to be an advantage versus higher rax/stables with the upcoming break.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Troops are not superior if you count the fact of axes lost clearing

Blaming others with higher troop counts for not ODA whoring when you did makes no sense. Whether you could have more troops if you hadn't cleared is equally as irrelevant as if I argued that I could have more troops if my barracks and stable were higher. As is though I don't see the point in raising them till after the break as even with their current levels keeping them running through the break will be a challenge.

DeletedUser

I fail to see why axes lost clearing are of any significance in the argument you are trying to make. The rest of the points are somewhat a matter of opinion although I do consider higher mines to be an advantage versus higher rax/stables with the upcoming break.

If we were both offense, I'd agree. But going all D, and pumping spears is different. And the reason it's significant is how small the gap is (maybe was now) in troop count.

Blaming others with higher troop counts for not ODA whoring when you did makes no sense. Whether you could have more troops if you hadn't cleared is equally as irrelevant as if I argued that I could have more troops if my barracks and stable were higher. As is though I don't see the point in raising them till after the break as even with their current levels keeping them running through the break will be a challenge.

I didn't ODA whore, but cleared inactive people. ~20-40 lost here and there. Those villages had 2-3k stacks of res.

DeletedUser5426

Tribe Participation
If a tribe does not play as one it is only as good as its weakest player but if a tribe acts and plays as a one following all orders then every player is as strong as its strongest player.

DeletedUser

activity - as if your not active then anyone can wipe you or steal your farms easy activity is they key to this game

DeletedUser1410

Activity is a must but you also could be on 24/7 ans still have no idea what you are doing, so a good knowledge of the total game is a must, if your good at start up then you should be able to play the game to the fullest, unless you are lazy and can't be bothered to send timed attacks, Late game I think time to sort things and have a good idea what you will need to do.

Me I just wing it!

DeletedUser

Activity is a definite, I doubt my account would have climbed ranks like it has been without me putting the time into it although I was doing other things whilst farming (i.e. playing CoD, reading etc.) so I am sure if a person got on for 10 minutes every 2 hours, he would be fine

DeletedUser

Activity is a definite, I doubt my account would have climbed ranks like it has been without me putting the time into it although I was doing other things whilst farming (i.e. playing CoD, reading etc.) so I am sure if a person got on for 10 minutes every 2 hours, he would be fine

i agree i put alot of time into TW but i play COD too :p haha