When is merging to win acceptable?

DeletedUser3371

Honestly , I think the topic congratulating the Doggies may have run it's course ( they did say thank you ) and I fear they have had about as much congratulations as they can stand for now.

So, I just thought I would give a slightly more relevant title and a place where this worlds general bitchiness might have some focus.
At least, this is the general direction of where I hope this conversation might go ....

My apologises beforehand, for a lack of screenies and pwetty pictures for those that seem to have such short memories but let me try and re-cap as best I can and of course, I am open to any corrections.
Not so long ago, the world had a short list of 5 top tribes. Any of which with the right diplomacy and recruitment policy could have had a realistic shot at winning this world's title of champions, I think it would be fair to say.

Two of these top 5 GO and Honey , both took severe beatings at the hands of the others and some strange diplomatic moves saw Dogs taking in the remnants of both, in what with hindsight, could be considered either poor diplomacy or recruitment choices, or perhaps a bit of both. Regardless of that, I personally would have preferred to see Dogs compete to noble as many of those Go/Honey villages as possible which in turn would mean they might have had room to also attempt a recruitment drive to actually see a closer and more exciting finish to the merge war that I think UK8 shall be remembered for , though only remembered for a very very short length of time.:icon_neutral:

The general consensus seems to be that Dogs moved too quickly to recruit, recruited poorly when they did and have fallen well short of the 50 mill. pt. winning post as a consequence.
I am certainly not expecting any brownie points for 20/20 vision that is only good, looking backwards. Dogs leadership did what they thought was best for the tribe and whatever each of our personal opinions on tribe sizes the tribe limit is a variable of each world and helps make strategic recruitment a legitimate tactic and is done by all at certain times and on a "mass" scale, all too frequently.

On the other side of this 2 headed coin, we have the FATE/W1nge alliance that has proven solid, bided it's time and shown the rest of us how a merge war should be fought and won. It seems their tortoise and hare analogy is very apt on this occasion.

Arguably the 2 top tribes on the world (Dogs may bark at this but it is again, just my opinion) seemed to have everything going their way they were beginning to look as if they would forge ahead strongly together and eliminate any last vestiges of resistance to their domination(sorta like the true Borg). :icon_twisted: Lately, I had started looking forward to when they would entertain those of us that would probably have been eliminated along the way with a Battle Royale to bring a fitting end to what has been up to this stage a very small(<<<N.B. point), yet fun world! Alas, it seems this is not to be.

"What has happened, to this fitting end?" you may ask.

With a moment of blinding insight the best strategy these 2 top tribes can envisage is to make this small world, even smaller. Apparently the pro.'s and l33t players on UK8 in their infinite wisdom have chosen not only to merge the 2 top tribes but also many of those acc's so every player who was a member of either, is a winner.

I do have a couple of questions for those who were FATE members? ... well those who haven't been eliminated lately, I suppose.
'Are the members of FATE happy to be remembered as the lap-dogs W1nge gave a bone to (abiet a bone stolen from the bigger Doggies) in order to win the world?' (Yes , we do know the word fate is in the new title ... so bone + scooby snack, was the full price of selling the world out)
Were/are the FATE players so afraid of a final showdown with members preferring to delete their acc's rather than build a tribe to compete with W1nge once the alliance would have tag-teamed Dogs out of existance?

By all means, point to your conquers as the merge progresses and tell us the how the ODA using up the troops from those internals are the secret to you success and that 3-way co-played acc's that have never needed co.'s before are just a sensible consolidation. :icon_rolleyes:
Tell us the reason your eliminating these players acc.'s is so the bigger 1's can now by covered 24/7 to cope with the huge amounts of pressure Dogs have been putting you all under.:icon_redface:
Tell us how you won the world by being so pro. and that we should all know by now that activity is the new pro.:icon_confused:

I look forward to seeing who can do it without choking on the words!

Here's the rub, there is a very big difference between finishing the world and winning and unfortunately it seems you are all in too much of a hurry to bother with winning so we can all go and play on UK11!

Finally, just in case this post is lacking a little spice and in a shameless attempt to lure readers away from congratulating the Doggies any further I would like to answer LOB here instead of there.

No-one can force me. I simply will not take on a coplayer here. ... <<< Way to go LOB, I love to see somebody standing up for their principles

As for merging, we recognise the effort and loyalty that fate have shown us and that effort and loyalty will not go unrewarded, so yes, we are trying to squeeze them into the winning tribe and that means merging accounts to do so.... <<< Way to ... er , cave in! It seems to me now, that what I thought was the vocal and vehement defence of your principles was nothing but the most plausible excuse you could find when faced with losing on other worlds(e.g. UK9) but it's ok if your winning and contrary to popular belief, the Borg do compromise after all.:icon_eek:

But please remember, we have one real ally only, not like you lot, first merged with honey, then go, then mad and still cannot get anywhere near us. ... I am not and never have been a member of Dogs on this world. Please do a bare minimum of checking before you throw such demeaning accusations around.:icon_razz: ... In fact we are ally-less , though not for lack of looking for allies , I just guess nobody wanted to be friends with a couple of drunks.:icon_razz:

Enjoy, the last 3 months of this world, I am sure I will. ... I too, am looking forward to it. As opposed to you it seems, I try to enjoy the whole range of situations and accompanying emotions that this game spawns and not just from winning alone.:icon_cool:

DeletedUser10306

Aaaah, my eyes are dead.

Here's the rub, there is a very big difference between finishing the world and winning and unfortunately it seems you are all in too much of a hurry to bother with winning so we can all go and play on UK11!

On a serious note though this is true, but it's the only way DWF can win :lol:

DeletedUser

Just 1 thing to say really, GO were allied to DOGS near enough all the way through W8, up until they fell apart, so in no way would we of attacked and nobled our allies.

Don't bother with the backstabbing horlicks either, it's simply not true. imo we pandered to theirdemands way more than we should of.

Oh, actually 2 things. MAD are still MAD, not merged with anyone.

DeletedUser9793

I dont think the DWF merge can come as a surprise.
Somebody has to try and accelerate winning of w8......

But there is a sense of anti climax that the world may be decided by handshake rather than axe or spear

DeletedUser8815

I dont think the DWF merge can come as a surprise.
Somebody has to try and accelerate winning of w8......

But there is a sense of anti climax that the world may be decided by handshake rather than axe or spear

The axe and spear bit are over. That lasted 2 months in which time I had my back to the wall fighting off dogs, go mad and honey. I survived and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. DOGS did everything in their power to try to achieve 50 million by recruiting whoever they could. We have not done that at all. We have stayed true to ourselves and between fate and winge we have categorically beaten the dogs/go/honey/mad alliance. That happenned over the last 2 months. It was a good fight that dogs started off winning but we turned it all around one bloody sunday by destroying the ched account.

So the victors of the world is winge and fate, and the losers dogs honey mad and go. Now please explain why we should not try and get fate into the same tribe as us? They are also winners and deserve the same recognition that we have.

Seems the op is annoyed cos the DOGS attempt at merging to 50 million fell short, while our alliance went from strength to strength.

DeletedUser8815

Two of these top 5 GO and Honey , both took severe beatings at the hands of the others and some strange diplomatic moves saw Dogs taking in the remnants of both,

In an attempt to get to 50 million before us.

With a moment of blinding insight the best strategy these 2 top tribes can envisage is to make this small world, even smaller. Apparently the pro.'s and l33t players on UK8 in their infinite wisdom have chosen not only to merge the 2 top tribes but also many of those acc's so every player who was a member of either, is a winner.

Of course! and why not? both tribes are indeed winners and should be recognised as that. No doubt if we left fate out in the cold you would be complaining that we back stab our allies

I do have a couple of questions for those who were FATE members? ... well those who haven't been eliminated lately, I suppose.
'Are the members of FATE happy to be remembered as the lap-dogs W1nge gave a bone to (abiet a bone stolen from the bigger Doggies) in order to win the world?' (Yes , we do know the word fate is in the new title ... so bone + scooby snack, was the full price of selling the world out)
Were/are the FATE players so afraid of a final showdown with members preferring to delete their acc's rather than build a tribe to compete with W1nge once the alliance would have tag-teamed Dogs out of existance?

Fate have never been our lapdogs and have always been treated with respect and admiration.

Fate are not in the least bit afraid, the terms of the alliance were set several months ago, we do not go back on our word. We would not expect Fate to help us win the world by destroying the dogs and not being able to share in our glory.

DeletedUser8815

Quote: Originally Posted by locutas of borg

As for merging, we recognise the effort and loyalty that fate have shown us and that effort and loyalty will not go unrewarded, so yes, we are trying to squeeze them into the winning tribe and that means merging accounts to do so....
<<< Way to ... er , cave in! It seems to me now, that what I thought was the vocal and vehement defence of your principles was nothing but the most plausible excuse you could find when faced with losing on other worlds(e.g. UK9) but it's ok if your winning and contrary to popular belief, the Borg do compromise after all.

I do not run the tribe and cannot be held accountable for the actions of its leaders. That is what was decided and that is what happenned. Personally I would have taken FATE members in when players in w1nge quit, but thats me.

As for UK9, I refused to merge there too, so ended up getting rimmed twice for my troubles, but the borg do not quit when starting a world and i restarted and now am in top 10 so maybe you should check first before you suggest that I am losing UK9

DeletedUser3371

It is simple really as I have pointed out earlier, which you of all players should be able to grasp why it matters.

In an attempt to get to 50 million before us.
Nobody is disagreeing with this and it makes the game a bit pointless if you don't try to win:icon_rolleyes: ... but did they 'ask' players to delete acc.'s so that other could win? NO :icon_eek:
You not fighting for the the WIN! Your merging to achieve it. Read the instructions on the label ... 50 mill. points for 1 tribe = Win Condition.

There is a very fitting English phrase for what has happened which is - " You've bottled it!"

I'll take it on the chin with the rest of the world though .... especially if it means we have heard the last of your, 'BooHooHoo! it's not fair you have a co-played acc. and I don't , so I'm a real ... man , player ... etc. etc.' .... or whatever next weeks excuse is for the next time you get thumped.

I am starting to see why you got laughed off the world 9 forum now, but my apologise for not checking that you are winning that world .... I had just assumed everybody had left it. How many player are there , btw?.

DeletedUser9793

DOGS did everything in their power to try to achieve 50 million by recruiting whoever they could. We have not done that at all. We have stayed true to ourselves and between fate and winge we have categorically beaten the dogs/go/honey/mad alliance. That happenned over the last 2 months. It was a good fight that dogs started off winning but we turned it all around one bloody sunday by destroying the ched account.

So the victors of the world is winge and fate, and the losers dogs honey mad and go. Now please explain why we should not try and get fate into the same tribe as us? They are also winners and deserve the same recognition that we have.

Seems the op is annoyed cos the DOGS attempt at merging to 50 million fell short, while our alliance went from strength to strength.

Come on Borg, you can take off them rose coloured specs for a mo
Ergm....so you guys were not in alliance with GA then, nor other tribes ? Nor did your tribe approach more tribes about alliances and mergers?
Nor did Fate merge with No1 GA with DE? and both Fate W1nge never recruited when other tribes went down?
You adapted just like the other tribes to the circumstances. Credit is being given to the way your tribe adapted, NOT cos you remained true and pure mularky.

I still feel that there should be one big barney up between the sides and I hope the relevant Dukeys can arrange it. That would be a fitting way to conclude w8

DeletedUser5582

some good points above though not sure I agree with the premise that all worlds need to end as a battle royale? Or that merging accs is such a bad thing though can see why folks might wonder at this?

All worlds have had (or will have) an ending. Traditionally this has been a tribal domination as a percentage or even 100% domination. Uk8 was different in that the world win condition was announced at the start so of course we planned for that.

Going back to the "big barney" approach for me working with Fate from early days to turn on them after the other tribes were eliminated wouldn't have sat right so for those hoping for a more traditional end alas isn;t going to happen.

@sir pangolin. No w1nge isn;t pure on the merge front and I do regret taking in players where we should have munched though happy at some of the players we got but will be forever sad at the players that left us through "hugging". At times the wrong decisions were made. We never, except for Fate, actively went for a merge option and if you look at our war history our record is of demolishing opponents quickly (Honey and Hunters) and of organising a coalition to remove the big beasts (IPOD) nor were we cowed when up against WKD (only war we lost on stats) even though they were bigger and talked tough at the time! It is one of those things that wars can lead to mutual respect and of course most of the WKD tribe joined W1nge after fighting us a second time after they merged into IPOD (now that is a tale of how not to merge!).

@Peter. Not sure anyone was asked to delete accs so other could win. Folks were asked if they wanted to merge (yes yes which means an acc gets deleted) but had a lot said no we would still be two tribes waiting for folk to drop out. Were we always going to merge then answer is yes as that was way we wanted to go about winning this world. Think most tribes I've ever been in have looked to recruit accs to make themselves stronger. Is how you go about it that determines your success as think we have all seen merges/recruitment go badly wrong when made for the wrong reasons.

@meh meh meh. lol don;t be so one eyed. Look at the Doggie recruitment and tell me you guys "fought" your way to your points! You'll snarl and whine as normal but think Honey war and tell me who is right here!

@roflcptr. yes I agree you had issues with Go from the start so I guess was a luck thing that Fate and W1nge got along from the start with no real issues and you guys didn't gel. Is a cookie crumble type of thing. Go failing is one of the mysteries of this world. As for Mad well you share a planner and plot together so whilst the ally box might not be ticked in my book it might as well be?

Anyway good thread and enjoyed reading it. I really don;t mind that some of you think the merge was the only way we could win this world. My answer is that you had heaps of time pre merge to defeat either one of us and failed. You had merge/recruitment drives of your own and failed. You have a chance to stop us hitting 50 million or making us drop below it so say what you like and see what you can do!

I look forward to your spear nukes!

DeletedUser3371

Just when I thought you guys had enough dignity to keep quiet and keep hiding until the end of this world, Jo can't help herself ......

some good points above though not sure I agree with the premise that all worlds need to end as a battle royale?

We live in hope that a battle royale will be the ending to each world but understand that is not always the case. On the other hand, when we start a new world we do expect the other players who join actually join to FIGHT for the win and not hand over their acc.'s to skew the village conquers and tip the balance so others can claim they have succeeded at battling for the win.

On this tiny little world the family tribe DWF is going to try and defend not only being a family and not just merging tribes but merging acc.'s as the way to go to achieve the win condition.

FOR SHAME! Try selling that 1 to rest of the server ... those of us here will know what you did to win and it will get all the credit that move deserves. Which is absolutely, NONE!:mad:

How any of you can even come onto the forum without dying from embarrassment is beyond me ... UK8 is a world that 3 months ago had maybe 5 credible tribes that might possibly compete for the win but 4 is probably more realistic. You have slagged off Dogs and the others for what were legitimate merges while the whole time you have been a family tribe in hiding.

Not content with actually competing and trying to finish the world off in a legitimate way, you have elected to eliminate the family members rather than enemy players out of fear you may be caught.
*cough* Bottlers!*cough*

Congratulations for finding the limit of how close to the edge you can sail without actually breaking the rules. Mind you I wouldn't go as far as to say you haven't broken the spirit of the rules anyway.

Uk8 was different in that the world win condition was announced at the start so of course we planned for that.
So let me get this right several times you have mentioned this 'plan' Jo ... are you saying you intended from the very start of the formation of the family that you guys planned to eliminate a full tribes worth of acc.'s by merging into 1 another and by doing so eliminate approx. 1/4 of the competition from the world at a stroke.

Stroke , seems to me to be a very fitting word for the move. :icon_redface:

Dogs players have all earned their points and decided to play together as a tribe , however you want to view those merges, recruitments .... That cannot be said for you guys , so , end of, really!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5582

why on earth would we hide?!

We live in hope that a battle royale will be the ending to each world but understand that is not always the case. On the other hand, when we start a new world we do expect the other players who join actually join to FIGHT for the win

Um think you need to be a little more like Aslan here and look for the deeper magic. To say that we haven't had to fight for our position is just plain silly.

How any of you can even come onto the forum without dying from embarrassment is beyond me ... UK8 is a world that 3 months ago had maybe 5 credible tribes that might possibly compete for the win but 4 is probably more realistic. You have slagged off Dogs and the others for what were legitimate merges while the whole time you have been a family tribe in hiding.

Ok of you say the big 5 were W1nge, Fate, GO, Honey and Dogs. Who do you think removed Honey and GO from the map?!

I don't have the FATE stats but in W1nge v Honey the score was 239-11 and against GO 101-18.

You say Dogs actions was a legitimate merge?! Am sorry but fighting another tribe then suddenly recruiting them all is ok when munching them isn;t! Only a few posts ago you were saying their recruitment was poor?!

When GoDogs (Go for me I think declared on Honey on the Monday, lost a villa on the Tuesday and were recruiting them by Wednesday so were worse than Dogs (who merely created a smaller tribe for their smaller members to fit all their Honey guys in) started to recruit Honey members did W1nge um winge about it? Send mails asking about refugees?! No just declared war and got on with things.

If this is legitimate then seriously flame us for other stuff but on not fighting folk?! I think not.

On this tiny little world the family tribe DWF is going to try and defend not only being a family and not just merging tribes but merging acc.'s as the way to go to achieve the win condition.

You have slagged off Dogs and the others for what were legitimate merges while the whole time you have been a family tribe in hiding.

Ok family tribes in hiding was a good line but wrong. Dogs created the family tribe to place their smaller members in when recruiting their enemies rather than munching them go flame them please.

Not content with actually competing and trying to finish the world off in a legitimate way, you have elected to eliminate the family members rather than enemy players out of fear you may be caught.
*cough* Bottlers!*cough*

Congratulations for finding the limit of how close to the edge you can sail without actually breaking the rules. Mind you I wouldn't go as far as to say you haven't broken the spirit of the rules anyway.

Excuse me? Eliminate family members etc etc etc. Please. Try getting beyond page 1 of the TW stats page or ask your Doggie friends if we have quit bashing them.

If you think we are cheating pop a ticket ingame but here is not the place to discuss who cheats on this world. Also please feel free to say exactly how we have been cheating rather than just make a reference to it as that is a little low I think

So let me get this right several times you have mentioned this 'plan' Jo ... are you saying you intended from the very start of the formation of the family that you guys planned to eliminate a full tribes worth of acc.'s by merging into 1 another and by doing so eliminate approx. 1/4 of the competition from the world at a stroke.

Stroke , seems to me to be a very fitting word for the move. :icon_redface:

Dogs players have all earned their points and decided to play together as a tribe , however you want to view those merges, recruitments .... That cannot be said for you guys , so , end of, really!
[/COLOR][/FONT]

Yes am sorry we planned on how to win the world, I throw myself at your feet weeping with shame that we thought about how to do this and rend my clothes and rent my hair at the stupidity in actually putting the plan into action.

No seriously we should have cut adrift all the small W1nge and Fate members and said ty for all the hard work but we have 50 million now so we donlt need you anymore.

Seriously if anyone ever thinks I would do that to folk they need their head examining. I hate internals but for this is worth it. Flame if you like but meh would never change that. Ever.

Dogs players earned all their points?! Some have, some haven;t same as us. Look at a map and tell me how many barb there are in Doggy country.....

Ok I can see that this merge is going to get flamed and the easy option for those about to lose is to say "why not fight", "huggers", "shame on you" etc etc etc

I don't mind that at all even if misguided and plain wrong for the most part.

I don't get the abuse on the merging of accs here and you see on TW folks getting backstabbed and treated shabbily by their leadership all the time. So flame us for not doing that if you want but to coin a phrase "shame on you!" :icon_wink:

Now please put together a decent argument showing W1nge and Fate as war shy huggers and I'll pay a little more attention to you. Show me how Dogs have earned their points or fought their wars to the end?

Lol

DeletedUser9178

Aaaah, my eyes are dead.

On a serious note though this is true, but it's the only way DWF can win :lol:

really what would you rather we do, keep taking out players while some of them learn how to fight.........doing that anyway
or wait while your tribe is capable of fighting.............which aint going to happen anytime soon

i just love the complaints from others about mergers of tribes
surely we dont have to keep posting how you have got any where near your size as a player or tribe ?

why do you keep feeling the need to slate us when your tribe and some players have merged more accounts and tribes in this world, to only achieve where you are now

DeletedUser3371

Um think you need to be a little more like Aslan here and look for the deeper magic. To say that we haven't had to fight for our position is just plain silly.
Oh that I were Aslan if only to be able to show you the error of your ways more fully! I have never denied that you have fought for the points you have gained up until recently.
What I find disgusting is this new tactic of eliminating players and acc.'s from within your family tribe to reach an unassailable lead with a combined 50 player tally.

You keep stating how you have looked at the win conditions and applied tactics to suit them. Well it seems to me that you have over looked the tribe limit on this world. It is 50 accounts per tribe. There are plenty of worlds on a host of different servers with tribes as big as 150 members if you are all so desperate to play together but this world's limit is 50!

That account's that are under pressure from constant attacks sometimes merge is something that happens from time to time in order to survive. Perhaps, it may be when RL changes restrict some1 who has invested months on the world and wishes to continue playing competitively while reducing their on line commitment 2 players will merge their acc.'s ......... as a tacic to make the leap and obtain the win condition .... I say again and more loudly than ever BOO! HISS! BAD FORM! and Completely unsporting .... and simply unfortunate that it IS legal.

You have twisted what is basically a way to keep players from leaving when they cannot do it all by themselves - into a reason that a large number of players are quitting at least top 200 acc.'s so you don't have to work for the win.

What is even more disappointing is the supposed quality of player who are willing to compromise their tactics and their integrity in this way.

It just goes to show that all is fair in love and war and even in our mock battles war crimes can be justified as a means to an ends.

Btw, I have poked my fair share of fun at Dogs , I am certainly not defending their choices or their actions but I give them credit for own all the actions they have done ..... and if only your family in hiding could say the same it would be a consolation to this poor excuse for a climax.

Oh that among you even a few could stand up and proclaim a willingness to fight for the win .... anyone over there want to stand up and say I'll fight to the end? .......................................................... No? Didn't think so , tbh.

... and for the record Family Tribe in hiding is a perfect fit as descriptions go. The only thing missing from the usual set up was a similar name.

DeletedUser5582

^^ lordy.

If I thought you were serious I;d be worried some.

No No and thrice No!

We have fought for the win as am sure our war record shows and it seems your issue is merging two top tribes to get huge points lead and win the world.....

First up can see no reason to see why winning a world cheekily is any worse/better than by kicking all opposition into a gibbering wreck and anyway for us to get to this position says much more about the feeble diplomacy going on from the other tribes.

IPOD and WKD merged and we took action and tumbled them (note Fate didn't take part in that war so some family tribe we are!!)

If GoDogs failed to do the same to us am not sure we should get the blame!! Plenty of other tribes out there who could and should have formed a coalition against us. Doggy diplomats hang your tails in shame!

Now should W1nge/Fate have munched the bottom sniffers to add them to our list of tribes dismantled then agreed Tuesday next to fight each other for everyone else's amusement?

why when UK11 has magic on it!!

DeletedUser10306

And there we go, the nubs have got someone else into the tribe to take them over 50 million, it's a shame they can't handle fighting for the title but never mind. I've never seen a whole tribe of noobs like that though, i'm amazed.

Winning condition fulfilled

Dont Winge its Fate has fulfilled the winning conditions today at 19:21 and will win on 20.02. at 19:21.

DeletedUser

Please can't we just say well done to W1NGE/DWF?

They are a great tribe and in the end they have won W8 easily.

Well Done W1NGE/DWF!