When is merging to win acceptable?

DeletedUser10100

No need to re-read. I've stated my Opinion, it still stands. I'm not on about The rubbish you just came out with. I'm on about a change to the World. A Fight to the bitter end so to speak, nothing I mentioned was about Barb Munching, ok yes I put academies, you bit at that very easily :) I know we have an Academy, how many tribes over the years have had them, virtually all of them at some stage, I was pointing out that we should all sit down and speak with the MODS and change the world settings to "last tribe standing". TBH I don't care if you win with the current rules, I'd prefer and I think 90% of the world would prefer a fight to the end.

Tribes Merge, thats a fact of life, you guys did it, we did it, others did it. You misread what I was trying to get at as normal, you jumped the gun last time when i posted too.

Have not got round to posting on LOB's thread yet, yes it was well received in a good sportmanlike manner. Nice to see on this world as it's not always the case on all worlds.

I can see that we've taken Barbs, you've taken Barbs etc..... But what I proposed and is nothing to do with what you replied with is that the rules change: No more Nobling Barbs, No more restarts, no more Tribe changes, no more new joiners. Freeze all that and lets go to war properly.

DeletedUser5582

well if you want a reasonable discussion about fighting till the end post a new thread and drop the little digs at us and lo and behold you would get a reasoned debate back.

Post up that we are just points good time girls etc etc and well we know what happens!

Is really very simple (like us!!)

DeletedUser8815

MK, really.

Look I follow cricket quite closely, now we have t20 matches, odi's and test matches, not to mention 7 a side game.

Now imagine you have agreed to play a t/20 game, which is 20 overs a side, a quick game. With 2 overs it is obvious you are going to lose, you need 60 runs off last 2 overs, so your captain says, Hey guys, I've got a good idea, lets make this a test match, a 5 day unlimited overs game. PLEEEEESE, he would be laughed at for sure, it just would not happen.

Now in TW we have long haul games and we have these shorter versions as well as HP and speed games.

Quite frankly, if you do not like the win condition then why join this world in the first place, me thinks you thought it a good idea so joined and now with just 2 overs left you decide that you want to make it into a test match. You have lost.....got it? defeated, outplayed, you have nobled more barbs than us, we have beaten you in a head to head on nobling, we even merged better than you. Not one single facet of the game have you ever come out on top, get over it, join w11 and try again.

This world is over, we have won, got it?

DeletedUser

It is a very rare thing for me to post on the external forum

After reading this thread and a few others, I do now know why I don`t usually take notice of them

Lots of self appreciation and personal digs

No need for most of it though this type of posturing occurs at the start, we are near the end game and I think that calls for a little appreciation of the whole .......

for example ... winning the world is a good thing .. if winge / fate or dwf or what ever they have amalgamated into wins .. I personally will say well done... its a win and winning is everything as we all know ...

I would tho like to point out a couple of things, that I now for a fact :-

1. DOGS have never merged (any reference to this is inaccurate)

2. DOGS have never changed their name

3. DOGS have the same council they started with .... wonder how many are the same ..

4. DOGS members have never had to compromise ...

5. DOGS members have never been asked to merge accounts .. our smaller guys who said they couldnt commit to the time needed were moved to a tribe where the pressure was removed ...

6. DOGS members have a say in what they do

7. DOGS members do not say they are the best ... we just play the game as best we can

8. DOGS is a pure tribe .. we recruited ... we have taken on guys who have fought against us ....but we have never given any privs to any player to get them to join .....

9. DOGS have taken barbs ... diff world and we overtook winge doing it ... still makes me smile .. any of these so called purist plonkers who don`t take barbs cos they are scared they will get laughed at... well they are foolish as i am sure most of winge will agree as your busy taking em like stink lol.... o and who cares before LJ says "you started it" .. it rides along with internalling .... another joke topic

10. And lastly .. if this game ends in Feb then fine , I am really sure the guys who have bragged about their skills to me and their so called talent as well as their absolute dominance will be ultimately very proud ...not sure I agree with you all guys ... think I would rather have it out in the playground not the toilets ;)

WE ARE NOT TAINTED BY THE DESIRE TO WIN ... we have the desire still ........ and we may yet still do it ... as seven members of DWF have already agreed to the temp step down to extend this world .... lol.... hey its just a game lighten up lightly lol

O and I am afraid you will have all the time you like to diss my post and call me names as I won`t read em lol ..

Last time here for me ... enjoy

Tiger

DeletedUser

Thanks Tiger for taking the time to post and thank you for the congratulation, I have been playing this game for longer than i care to remember and the reason this world interested me was the winning conditions,not what they were exactly just the fact that there was an opportunity to finish a world.
We came here with a game plan and it paid off and I totally agree with you dosnt matter how we did it what counts is we did

Worlds drag on to long i still speak to players on UK 1 and all say the same they just want it to end and most are only playing now out of a feeling of obligation to friends and no longer enjoy it there

This was a fun world and i really enjoyed it now UK 11 started with some new features and different strategies to be considered so lets all look forward to that and move on

So a big applause for everyone on UK 8

Doozy aka Nibbler

DeletedUser9793

Pages and Pages of he said/she said/it said.....
and it comes full circle back to the original points:

1 Technically DWF have won under qualifying point count under the rules
2 However there are still tribes undefeated and up for a rumble [ and hopefully capable of making the last few months action and fun packed]
3 There is debate about the methodology of the win [ now exhausted to boredom] but in essence DOGS would like winning to involve doing something dramatic to the enemy rather than playing with yourselves.
4 Yes, the vast majority of us would like to see an end to the show but being food critics we are unhappy with the dessert after such a fine main course.

H D also remained a pure tribe. Never merged, took on whatever enemies, no matter how big or how many , and faught the game in good spirit. For the H D crew, we faught like merry hell , never lost a war but our enemies seemed to change suits . No 1 Blurred into Fate, Fate Blurred into DWF, Armani blurred into DWF.
We worked hard at teamspirit and worked twice as hard to take on bigger tribes and hold our own. { LoB- most of our players are solo- not co accounts also]

I am not saying that give the world another 16 years and H D would ultimately emerge triumphant. But I would like the players who put in the hours to have fun be rewarded with one big shebang at the end as a celebration of all of the players of w8's efforts.

One of our players posted on a thread in our forum a message about Christmas comin up and in WW1 the soldiers in the trenches playing football with each other in the battlefield. Well I reckon we reached that point. We all love the game. Lets play it as god intended and axe it out.

There is no disrespect meant by this post to any side or tribe.

Sir P
Duke of H D

DeletedUser8815

Sigh, for the umteenth time winge and ffate did not merge to get to 50 million first they merged as a fulfillment of a promise made right at the start of the alliance.

the convo went something like this

winge: see you guys are struggling a bit against go, fancy an alliance.

fate: erm, sounds like you want our help to win the world, what happens to us?

winge: well we are bound to lose some players so once we have together defeated everyone else we will merge so u can share in the victory.....seems only fair

.....and now fate and winge have defeated their enemies that merge as promised was made, just as all the defeated players joined dogs. we had 2 sides in this world and both sides have merged with their allies to form the 2 tribes to battle it out. Unfortunately for dogs, they lost some big players that contributed greatly to their defeat.

IIRC the americans british and russians won ww2, should they have then all fought each other?

Please do not criticize us fo standing by our allies and promises instead of turning on them like dogs did when allied to us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10306

Sigh, for the umteenth time winge and ffate did not merge to get to 50 million first they merged as a fulfillment of a promise made right at the start of the alliance.

the convo went something like this

winge: see you guys are struggling a bit against go, fancy an alliance.

fate: erm, sounds like you want our help to win the world, what happens to us?

winge: well we are bound to lose some players so once we have together defeated everyone else we will merge so u can share in the victory.....seems only fair

.....and now fate and winge have defeated their enemies that merge as promised was made, just as all the defeated players joined dogs. we had 2 sides in this world and both sides have merged with their allies to form the 2 tribes to battle it out. Unfortunately for dogs, they lost some big players that contributed greatly to their defeat. In fact they actually started winning the war with the top ranked players, shiv and ched.....but others joined them and winge took full advantage.

IIRC the americans british and russians won ww2, should they have then all fought each other?

Please do not criticize us fo standing by our allies and promises instead of turning on them like dogs did when allied to us.

That is the worst series of excuses and rubbish i've ever heard, why couldn't you merge just before you'd beaten everyone else if you're all so confident? Because you're not confident, you know you wouldn't win this world if there was no win condition in place, just tell the truth for once. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser10100

winge: well we are bound to lose some players so once we have together defeated everyone else we will merge so u can share in the victory

Ha Ha. Thats the funnies comment i've seen in ages. I think you jumped the gun just a tad with the merging bit, based on the comment above you were supposed to defeat everyone before you merged. I think everyone's still waiting for this massive defeat . :p

DeletedUser8815

MK, don't know what school you went to mate, but this looks pretty comprehensive to me

57 million to us

37 million to you

and before you start moaning that 20 of that 57 million came from fate, don't please forget that 25 million of your points came from mad, go or honey.

We crossed the winning line 2 weeks ago, think its gonna take you 3 or 4 months to get there yet, oh wait, you never will, world finishes 20 feb.

Side 1:
Tribes: DWF
Side 2:
Tribes: DOGS

Timeframe: Forever

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 37,584,750
Side 2: 19,132,153
Difference: 18,452,597

chart

DeletedUser

I have removed the previous posts.

Any posts seen to be not with in the forums rules will be removed and the appropriate actions taken.

That includes Off Topic, flame baiting, spam posts and posts containing swearing.

If you have an issue with moderation, i suggest you mail myself, the CM or one of the forum elders in future.

Do not test my patience further, the leniency I have shown in good faith will not be shown in from now on.

This is the final warning for you all.

DeletedUser10263

update on stuf

Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last 3 months
Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 201
Side 2: 217
Difference: 16 pretty slow to start

Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last month
Side 1: 54
Side 2: 129
Difference: 75 Dogs starting to bulk up a little

Side 1:
Side 2:

Timeframe: Last week
Side 1: 4
Side 2: 43
Difference: 39 the stats are looking favourable, shame that the tribe loosing the war is winning the world

cumon you peeps in dwf who wana play the game and not tribal hugs, leave the tribe for a day (or few hours until it updates) and lets finish this world like it should be done, via fighting and not recruiting

you know you wana earn your victory and not be rememberd as the noobs who recruited to the top

DeletedUser

Yeh yeh yeh cant you guys learn a new tune dosnt matter what you do the stats that matter are we are still growing and faster than you in just over 2 months you lose so get used to it

DeletedUser

Now Dogs have been complaining about the way we have gone about winning this world well terns out they are the lowest of the low if this is the only way they can stop us

tb505 today at 20:55
put your not part of it so your the bottom of the pile. and as we are winning the war with DWF now thanks to your lack of any defence taking so many villages off you so easy made or war stats look fantastic must thank you for that could not have done it with out you.

and don't belive everything you read you never heard of phy warfare :)

a war with mirrors ow and just thought I would let you know DWF have a council spy who at the last minute before you win this world will boot a load of people to take them below the 50mill line

I had a lot of respect for your tribe but this is a dirty low trick, thanks for the warning though wont happen now so back to the drawing board eh chaps

DeletedUser10306

this is a dirty low trick

The only dirty low trick i've seen is you lot recruiting past 50 million, oh, and you being the biggest barb/inactive nobler on the UK servers :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser10306

So thats not a denial then thanks just proves my point

Denial? Did I write it? No I didn't, so not for me to deny or admit to anything. I will say that without the win condition you would never win UK8, and that's exactly why you recruited to number 1. Are you going to admit or deny that one?

we are still growing and faster than you

Maybe because you are barb nobling and still taking vils from your noob acadmy tribe, it's not because you're taking enemy vils, you lot must be so proud!

DeletedUser5582

Denial? Did I write it? No I didn't, so not for me to deny or admit to anything. I will say that without the win condition you would never win UK8, and that's exactly why you recruited to number 1. Are you going to admit or deny that one?

Maybe because you are barb nobling and still taking vils from your noob acadmy tribe, it's not because you're taking enemy vils, you lot must be so proud!

I think most things have been said on this topic so little point Many Meh in going through them all again.

But...I think we would win without the win condition but would be fair to say we would be trying a little harder without it but such is life.

On the barb nobling front well maybe you should refresh yourself with this

Look at the PnP on these forums and tell me who has been fighting and who has been barb munching :icon_eek:

This is Dogs Caps History

DOGSCAPS-1.jpg

So again if you are going to caper on here after taking villas off one player and say you are winning etc etc etc please cast half an eye back to your past. Both tribes have taken barbs (both sides for good and for bad reasons) but one tribe has taken quite a few more than the other so to call the other barb noblers is well silly?

Now Shaunrobbo am sure you guys would have kicked and then said no caps against them counted?!

I don't care about stats (never have never will) I do care about reading the world settings though....!!

Now you guys have used up nearly a third of you time to stop us winning the world so as you guys are the fighting Dogs and we mere mass merging barb munchers am sure you will have this wrapped up shortly :icon_eek:

DeletedUser10100

Ah! Who's winning the war. lol ;p

Shaunorobo was not the best choice for a new DWF Member. Just like Roger into D.C and the few who caved in at the slightest loss of villages and mass incomings. Why play this game and spit out dummies if you loose a few vills or get loads of incoming? But truth be told we at DOGS thank you for inviting the very best (shaunorobo) to your tribe as quoted by: ..............
We only invite the best into DWF
, you do have some decent players yes. But Shaun was a bit of a boo boo there don't you think?

DeletedUser5582

lol looking at it now was not the finest choice to have made! Alas he wasn't able to be online as much as he had hoped nor set folks as sitters.

But has given you guys some easy caps and life goes on. Good effort in quickly removing him though and yes after Shaun the war stats favour you guys but think most folk know stats never show the whole picture of a war but this was definitely your battle won.

As for the war well that story has a little further to run yet!