When worlds collide

• Thread starter DeletedUser6796
  • Start date

DeletedUser6796

As we settle in to the first wars of this world, and tribe membership shifts and heaves like wet sand, I have a general question.

If you were to start this world again from scratch and could only recruit players from one specific previous world (any tribe) then which world would you choose to recruit from, and why?

Extra kudos for anyone relating circumstances on previous worlds to the present. We might all learn something.

DeletedUser5528

Well this is a good question as there are always the ubers around who excel at start up and then quit through boredom, I have seen it on every world and this one is no exception.

ok

My main experience was from uk3, This world is similar to that in that it has 15 techs and many ex uk3 players are already here. I will just choose the ones that aren't here as easier and shorter.

First would be SuicidEd. Mean and determined he would never stop until the job was done. He quit 6 months into uk3 and was internally nobled and then once we finished internalling he restarted and finished the world Rank 1. Very organised and like I said wouldn't stop going for what he wanted until it was done. Great team player aswell just to top it off.

Next would be MRChrispy,, Now technically he is still here but under his new and less friendly Grumpy name.. Now MrChrispy just loves a good scrap. Always willing to tell you what you are doing wrong and more importantly always willing to show the enemy where they are going wrong by just popping up totally unexpected in an area not very well defended and just goes for it. Wins some loses some but never afraid to take the bull by the horns

Next would be lxzeroxl the original (Simon I think his name was), What most of us thought of as skill just oozed out of every move he made on the game. While he played he made the rest of us look like complete morons (yes thats not hard I know) but thats not what I liked. It is always easy to forget that this is a game and the tunnel vision of victory can really cloud that fact. No matter if you was friend or Foe he would always greet you a calm and friendly and above all else fun attitude. Couldn't ask for more I guess.

next Maddestmama,, Gone for a long time but funny as you like, Cant quite put my finger on any skills apart from a willing team player and so on but people that make me laugh always have a spot in my tribe regardless of the world.

I'm sure there are many more I could say but I don't want to bore you so I'll stop now :)

DeletedUser6603

Hmm, I guess each tribe from previous worlds is going to sit and big up their own on this one, so I guess I should too!

We have kinda done that on this world. 24 of our number (which includes co-players) on this world were with us on W7. We also actually have a couple of the standout players we came across on W7 with us on W12. They earnt our respect fighting us on W7, and are now valuable tribemates.

Onto individuals.....

Pangela - the farming beast of W7. If there is a barb to be farmed, guaranteed Paul has farmed it again, and again, and again. Phenomenal activity levels, dedication, skill, one of the most complete TW players I have come across. Also a very nice guy to go with it! If you need him to do something and its within his power, he will do it.

Reshlock - I like to refer to reshie as our one man wrecking machine. He picks an area, takes aim, and simply obliterates it all on his own. Had a little bit of a slow start on W12, but the last few weeks he has begun to soar. Another I would trust with any task. Fantastic player, and a crazy imagination! Our PnP man :)

Raspberry - This is a player who constantly undervalues her importance to her tribe. Far more skilled and capable than she gives herself credit for, and every single tribemate past and present would second that. She is also one of the nicest people I have ever met, and always seems to be able to find a different angle to things that the rest of us wouldnt have considered. In my eyes, she is the heartbeat of our tribe :)

Mike (One third of the Pogues) - My Co-Player. The greatest analytical player I have seen on this game. Considers every option, and then considers them all again, just to be sure. If we need an idea to get us out of a pickle, invariably it comes from Mike. Little bit of a perfectionist, but in a good way! Works so hard for his tribe, and has all the skills needed of a great TW player. I would not play this game if Mike wasnt in a tribe with me, simple as that.

Last one, as I could name rather a lot!

Seamus - Former co-player of Raspberry. Lovely lovely guy, would do anything for anyone. Fantastic player, another who just gets the bit between his teeth and just gets things done. Formed a formidable partnership with Raspberry - by far the best co-play pair I have ever seen. Always great to see them in action! Their account was perfection on W7. Seamus had an uncanny knack for spotting weaknesses in players and exploiting them to brutal effect. Sadly not with us on W12, and very much missed. Were hoping one day he will be back with us though :)

And thats about it. So many more I could name, but ive spent ages on this already! Would love to see some more from the other groups of players from other worlds that are also on W12......

DeletedUser

I think I would have liked to play with the
Shroud Wearers from the start of W3 rather than the last few months I played with them. Some are on w12 but have all seemingly gone different ways, But they were a group of players who had respect for each other despite having the odd loose cannon but overall would make most late games tribes on other worlds sweat

The Ferret - During his peak he was allways busy attacking or defending,it may of been the later most of the time though but he was a player who was all ways willing to help others and put his self on the line to do so but if you slipped up attacking him then chances are you would not see the village for a long time, his leave due to Rl was the main reason Death on w3 caved in.

Mos - The drunken Irish Again another player during his peak was the account of TFF nightmares it seemed, He spent most of the world sniping incoming attacks but believe it or not he did know what Offence was for. Great sense of humour and was allways up for a laugh.

Stefan - The Technical German who Co played with me for a while on 12, and was one of the most feared W3 accounts on the Fl due to the aggressive style of play and once you caught his attention the only way of leaving it would be about 50 village losses later if you were lucky. Great with the technical side of the game, brilliant organisation, has written a few useful pieces of text and is a great person all around.

Kossa - The previous owner of the W3 account I took over, and the number of people I had mail me on w11 and the enemy on w3 made it obvious I had large shoes to fill something which I feel I never filled, Would of been interesting to Meet him and play along side him rather than keep the account name alive

There were a number of good players out there most of who have now moved and found out the joys of Rl, which is a shame, There are a number of people I would play with from w4,w6,w10,w3 and w11 again If i could but seems it will not happen