Who are the PP Millionaires

DeletedUser

Using Premium Points (PP) gives great advantage and is a contentious issue.

But there is a flip side. Many players are making a small fortune in PP by trading resources.

At 50pp for 1000 res, you can potentially make hundreds of pp per hour or thousands per day.

Did Innogames intend for this meta game to form?

I am interested in what the community thinks and how much have you made?

P.S. yes...this is my first post here.

DeletedUser5582

I am sad in that I neither pay to win nor sell ressies to those that do. I fully expect to be nobled out by some TW form of Oligarch mind. What really annoys me is that is impossible to trade normally is just a sea of folk with 3 or 4 telephones clamped to their ear offering me dubious amounts of ressies for lots of premium.

I just want to trade some wood for iron :icon_cry:

DeletedUser12806

Well I have personally made over 2k premium points on this world.

I think its a bit unfair though, the game has turned into something that you will soon have to pretty much spend one world stock pilling pp. The next world blowing it all to stay competitively in the top 10 till nobles.

After nobles I believe unless your goal is to spend as much pp as possible, pp becomes less of an advantage. The playing field levels out. But it does ruin the game though because if you have two great players starting next to each other one uses PP features the other doesn't. The one cutting time and buying res will get to nobles and beat the other great player first. When before they would have gotten to nobles around the same time and it would have been an interesting battle.

EDIT: Also to add on to is said above it has ruined the market. I go to the market looking for iron or wood trades back in the day you would get a bunch of 1.5:1 ratio trades. Now the only thing you see on the market is pp trades. So you ether spend PP, make PP or don't use the market now.

That is my outlook on the features anyways.

DeletedUser12810

I have made 1.5 k pp on the uk worlds and just hit 2k on the .net ones, since you could start trading resources for pp it has leveled out the playing field as others can benefit from the features, but I still believe it was more fun when the features of pp didn't give a physical advantage. You start a world now and 40% of players are not playing properly just making PP and in the long run there's less players who will get to nobles and try to win. Also I have seen lot of players quit due to the PP making the game unfair for them, even if you trade for it you are unlikely to build enough up to be able to constantly buy resources, reduce building costs, speed up buildings for long enough to keep up with those that buy it. Yes it's better since everyone can now buy PP but overall I feel it ruined the game

DeletedUser12829

I think it's given the game a whole new perspective and not necessarily positive. Its obvious to see who's spending the cash or whatever other means to grab the pp.

The old fashioned way of farming like crazy has been superseded by spending pp and I actually have some players contacting me to actively pimp out their ressies for pp.

For me the only way to make it fair is to build it into the morale so the pp oligarchs are disadvantaged by attacking the non pp players.

DeletedUser1508

I think its a bit unfair though, the game has turned into something that you will soon have to pretty much spend one world stock pilling pp. The next world blowing it all to stay competitively in the top 10 till nobles.

That slingshot effect! However, that is only for the top few. Resource purchasing, construction hastening etc has helped lock out the top spots, but it has also allowed some of the non-farmers to stay 'competitive' points wise.

However, it is still my belief that the introduction of additional uses for PP has taken some of the 'skill' (aka activity) out of the game. I'm still not decided on whether or not it is leveling the playing field, or just empowering those already active players. Probably a bit of both.

Oh, and by the way... Traditional trades are still available on the market. You just gotta be active enough to snap them up when they arrive.

DeletedUser4411

The old fashioned way of farming like crazy has been superseded by spending pp and I actually have some players contacting me to actively pimp out their ressies for pp.

Agreed, But alot of the players who seem to be throwing their PP at every build or trade are also actively farming also.

I thinks it a bit like steroids in a gym

DeletedUser12806

Agreed, But alot of the players who seem to be throwing their PP at every build or trade are also actively farming also.

I thinks it a bit like steroids in a gym

I agree, there are very few players not farming at all and just spending pp to be a top player. There are 3 or 4 of them in the top 50 though. Will not point out names though as last time I did it turned into a flame fest. But there are also the top 3-5 players who are clearly cutting times at least, and the top 3 are likely buying resources also. Top 1 is for sure spent at least 4k pp or more on this world so far no doubt in my mind.

DeletedUser

Premium features just highlights that I'm too poor to fund my way out of Tribal Wars mediocrity.

Kilroy

DeletedUser7321

Made about 8k pp over this world and w18 also made over 1,5k flags on w17.

DeletedUser

Can we as a player base unite against these PP whores? I'm convinced DanJohnHoward, o P E D E o, and of course ***666*** don't even farm or upgrade their mines. Everytime I put an offer on the market that is resources for PP, one of them buys it within the hour.

Their parents/wives must be mad at them for bankrupting their households.

DeletedUser

Can we as a player base unite against these PP whores? I'm convinced DanJohnHoward, o P E D E o, and of course ***666*** don't even farm or upgrade their mines. Everytime I put an offer on the market that is resources for PP, one of them buys it within the hour.

Their parents/wives must be mad at them for bankrupting their households.

Dude they (atleast 666) use the resources to upgrade mines. It's a huge bonus

DeletedUser

It was a joke man.

I'm sure they (at least 666) upgrades EVERYTHING with PP. And yeah, he does farm, that was a joke too. I'm sure he is a much better player than I am, just pointing out that he is PTW.

DeletedUser11788

I guess it is generally accepted that PP is now an acceptable part of the game. As is merging into profiles and merged tribes.

I initially disliked the idea... but whatta heck... may as well force the players that play seriously to invest personal resources into their sport.

DeletedUser13827

Very good points in the above posts,
I like pp users though, keeping up with someone who is spending loads of money when you have spent nothing is a really good feeling :S
Sell pp for 50 worlds and then spend it all on 1, and in between the worlds pray that tw doesn't stop