Who's joining??

DeletedUser4753

I was having a little go on w33, but these pp advantages mean them late starts dont work out much, think ill join this one n focus efforts here, back to tw once again, dam its addicitive.

Anyone decent joining??

DeletedUser2722

After 6 years in exile - thought I might join the next new world (UK34) and joined UK33 (late) to get reacquainted with the game...

I'm shocked at how far this once great game has fallen - I mean, wtf... forget farming and exchange pp for resources and rush building queues... I had LC within hours! :(

pp advantages mean them late starts dont work out much

If anything - the pp advantages help those lazy noobs on the rim catch up. The only possible issue starting late is there's so few players playing now that the rim is still within the core continents, thus new players are placed alongside players who've established themselves...

... Normally that'd be an excuse for most players, but from what I've seen in my 2 days on W33... the only threat is having your farms nobled by established neighbours! -.-

ScreenShot2017-10-03at18.44.10.png
ScreenShot2017-10-03at18.16.45.png

DeletedUser4753

Is that how long its been :eek:

/me feels old now :/

yea exactly as you put it, your starting next to peeps who been playing a month, so cant really play around it non pp.

gotta love that classic argument, i was super good on w1.net, when no one knew how to play tw!!!

Reastablished

Reaction score
I somewhat feel like you are undervaluing late game and the skill it requires, I agree in some circumstances player's merely get large late on due to a lack of competition or starting late for example, in which case they are most likely a bad player in general.

However late game requires different skill's to start up, gone is the requirement of being able to back time but instead it is replaced with the need to be able to defend mass attack's, being able to defend efficiently and attack in a manner which allows you to make large gain's against an active tribe with thousand's of villages, whilst start up requires skill in micro-farming and different area's of the game, late game requires just as much skill just in different area's in order to succeed.

DeletedUser4753

intrestingly i disagree with this, i myself am known much more for my mid/late game plays, best defender on the server woop woop

ego stroking asside, i do agree with you to a point, in that if someone knows how to farm and build efficiently but has no sense of tactical awareness, then they may lose out late game.
However i think thier is a clear difference.

to survive start up, isnt difficult, unless your in the nobling range of a shit hot player. thiers no reason even a mediocre player cant survive and flourish in tw, especially considering its a team game.
to survive late game is even easier, if you find yourself in a decent enough tribe and practise teamwork and dont happen to have a war front with a very able warmongerer, its again rather trivial.

but heres the difference, when a world is competative at late game, like 2/3 solid tribes in the running (competative), i see various players i know to be rather bad able able to have multi million accounts and/or able to win worlds(winning), if your intrested when i get some free time ill sieve through past world winning accounts and ridicule lol.
but the same can not be said for start up.
if you have a world with attractive settings that ended up with the top start up players around (competative) you would not see just plain bad players at rank 1 (winning)

To add to this, who would have more difficulty, a rank 1 startup player bossing it late game.
or a late game beast achieving and maintaing rank 1 at start up.

i wouldnt go as far as some to say late game is purely a matter of drive and determination and entirely skill-less, but if we were to have a 1v1/10v10/100v100 at any/all stages of the game, the peeps who can achieve in a competative start up enviroment would win every time.

DeletedUser4753

i should add mind that i wasnt slating late game peeps, more the older.net peeps who did well when people didnt even farm cuz tw was such a new unworked out game
even the current breed of wannabe's would rank 1 on w1.net with ease trolololol

DeletedUser2722

It's the old start-up vs late-game debate...

This is a debate almost as old as the game itself, however, after being on both sides of the fence (I used to play down start-up and was pro late-game), however, I can say - without a shadow of doubt - start-up requires more skill and is a lot more fun... well, at least that was the case before TW died! :(

No disrespect, the only players I know who suggest late-game requires more skill, are those who struggle amongst the superior start-up players. That's not to say late-game requires zero skill - it does - the thing is, though... skilled start-up players can also play late-game... and absolutely dominate... it's extremely rare, almost unheard of, to see late-gamers dominate start-up.

For example, and I won't name any names, there are many players I've played with from start-up right the way through to late-game who struggled to break into the top 100 until skilled players quit. These players couldn't hit the top 500 during start up or the top 100 during late-game until the superior players quit.

The stats speak for themselves - check the stats of any player who finished a world rank 1 when the world ended and... then see how they performed during other worlds... it's rare you will find them break into the top 10 until way into late-game when better players give into boredom, join new worlds, or go back to rl.

One thing these late-gamers do have, though, is persistence. And I respect that... but to claim they are equal to start-up players, just in different areas, is absurd... persistence isn't a skill, it's a mindset.

Forget what I said about naming names - this guy has just nobled my farm, thus deserves being unveiled for the noob that he is - TommyTank200 was the rank 1 player when UK26 ended - and I assure you, this would NOT have been the case had better players stuck with UK26... His persistence, not skill, made him the rank 1 player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

If we all just pretend im not intentionaly trolling people to make w34 more fun and competative.

ahem if any tommytank late game highrollers fancy proving a point, by all means lets be avin ya :D

32 hrs to go...

Foxtrot

Reaction score
This is a debate almost as old as the game itself, however, after being on both sides of the fence (I used to play down start-up and was pro late-game), however, I can say - without a shadow of doubt - start-up requires more skill and is a lot more fun... well, at least that was the case before TW died! :(
This is obviously your opinion. Many others, such as myself and Reast, think that late game involves a lot more skill and is a lot more fun. I am and have always been a late game player because I would rather be up all night sniping, timing nukes, shuffling around def etc than sitting micro farming.

Reading what you have wrote, you seem to just disrespect late game players completely and think they have no real skill whatsoever.

The stats speak for themselves - check the stats of any player who finished a world rank 1 when the world ended and... then see how they performed during other worlds... it's rare you will find them break into the top 10 until way into late-game when better players give into boredom, join new worlds, or go back to rl.
A good example to disprove this would be star123 (an account I played). On w26 when I first met the owner he spent the majority of start up floating around top 20 the entire world and ended rank 2 after TT just clipping him at the end with a final stomp on Shhh. On w28, we we're rank 1 from near enough the very start of the world and held rank 1 (at one point being half a mil> ahead of 2nd) to the very very end of the world, where we got passed by Centuri, which resulted in us finishing the world as rank 2. I could come up with many other examples of players like this one, who have done very well on multiple different worlds.

You remind me a lot of Nauz, another start up player who thinks that every late game player is clueless and only get to where they get to because other players quit, but I must remind you that this game doesn't stop after start up. It takes far more skill to keep up with the top players mid/late game than it does early because early is focused mainly on farming (which is just sitting there clicking A or B for hours) and the occasional backtime which almost all tw players can do, compared to all the late game with so many different things needed to succeed.

DeletedUser2722

I am and have always been a late game player

So it's YOU with the opinion and lack the experience to judge. As I've said, I've been on both sides of the fence, thus talk from experience... Call it my opinion if you will, but until you've accomplished both, it's YOU who has the bias view.

That said, I respect all players - sure there's always banter and egos (it's a war game ffs, thus expected), but that doesn't mean I'll warp the facts to avoid upsetting people.

The fact is this: It's almost unheard of for late-gamers to dominate start-up (unless it's a world devoid of skilled start-up players) whilst players who have dominated start-up and continued into late-game... have also dominated late-on.

You remind me a lot of Nauz, another start up player who thinks that every late game player is clueless and only get to where they get to because other players quit, but I must remind you that this game doesn't stop after start up.

Do you honestly believe myself, or Nauzhror, would struggle to dominate late-game? o_O

You've not been reading, have you? I WAS a pro late-gamer - I've been rank 1 on multiple worlds during BOTH start-up and late-game - and I've both played against and co-played with Nauz... in fact, I used to be where you are now having this very debate with him... it wasn't until I really had a good go at start-up that I realised the truth... The experience humbled me and inspired me to become the player I am today.

With the above said, it's my 'opinion' that you're the one with the bias opinion (I've also noticed you won UK26 with TommyTank200) whilst I talk from experience! :)

EDIT: Good to see some life on the forum!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4753

One clear difference, which i hope even "Lategame4eva" peeps can admit

in late game, you make mistakes or misplays, you lose some vills, you lose some troops but even after a series of errors its still far from game over in most cases, can still go on to win.
but start up a mistake loses you your nuke, or sets you back days, or you lose your one village and are on the rim.

you have the size and resources late game, muck up in start-up and it can quickly be lights out.

DeletedUser6695

Abdo...There's a blast from the past :eek:

@Foxtrot Admittedly my memory of Abdo is mildly hazy considering how long ago it was but I certainly remember him being a top top player at any game stage. So you are fighting a losing battle

DeletedUser4753

w7 tutor
w1 w1n

i think w1 was rank 1, dunno bouts w7 but wouldnt suprise me if top 3.
on both worlds i doubt the current breed of tw peeps would make top 3, no pp + ability required (awaits angry pp bitches to come shank me)

im allergic to net so dunno what been done thier lol

DeletedUser4753

co's are overrated, let family starve and gf go unloved, solo tw records taste sweeter!

Marcus the Mad

Senior Forum General
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I WAS a pro late-gamer

EDIT: Good to see some life on the forum!
Never knew there were people earning money playing this. Kind of sad I missed out on that extra pocket money.

I agree, keep this forum alive!

DeletedUser4753

Never knew there were people earning money playing this. Kind of sad I missed out on that extra pocket money.

I agree, keep this forum alive!

does being given pp for a extended period of time from persons not assosiated with the account constitute as being paid to play.

if so d1 tosses hat in the ring for ex pro tw'er :D