Why an academy tribe on this world could work

• Thread starter DeletedUser8288
  • Start date

DeletedUser8288

url

an academy? yes in theory it could happen an academy could work and here are a few reasons why....

First the obvious 20 member limit is a hindrance to alot of tribes its not like other worlds where you can have up to 100 members to play with. the biggest problem ive had is when ive had two members wanting to join one is a experienced active player the other is a inexperienced but very active and promising player that just needs a little help round the edges but because of the 20 member limit most players would pick the experienced player leaving the unexperinced player unable to find a good tribe because of other dukes having the same problem.

Now the problems that normally occur with family tribes is the aren't as well run as the main tribe and normally get disorganised.Another possibitly is that a tribe goes rogue on the other i rember on world 1 where a tribe called riffs made a NAP with the enemy causing there main tribe FW to turn on them and noble most of there players. and the last thing that normally happens to academy are that there not good enough.

However in spite of this my tribe Ram have deemed it nessesary to start up a new academy tribe woooooo! We will hopfully show that on this world an academy tribe can work we picked a leader who has been with the tribe since the start who knows how we like a tribe to be run that has the same ideas and opinions as the council.We realise that with only 20 member limit the academy can have better players and because of the low numbers can be kept better organised.

I didn't put this just to promote are new academy i thought it would be interesting to see what public opinion was on this since academy tribes are not the most popular on the externals but could they work on this world?

DeletedUser

There is not much wrong with family tribes concept. Please continue to read before the inevitable flame.

What is usually wrong with family tribes is the fact that quantity is used to replace quality, there are communication problems, recruitment happens too close to each other and is normally done much too freely. I'm not saying you should like hit people with sticks until you deem them pro enough to join your tribe, just invites are chucked out left right and centre going along with the theme of quantity as opposed to quality. If you get a well organised and co-ordinated family tribe, with plenty of space between players for farming and expansion, where players are of a decent standard and not just recruited because you can (so in the case of new comers they are taught how to play to a standard, nothing wrong with recruiting new players!) then that is something to fear. I've seen family tribes with good players in plenty of times before, but not family tribes with players at a consistantly good standard. However I have seen players in small tribes at impressive standards, I was quite impressed by STORM in w17.net the short time I was in it.

In this world family tribes take a hit, due to no outside support. So you're going to have to make sure everyone is active enough to switch people between tribes to get support about. I feel if you manage to fulfill what I have mentioned above then family tribes would work yes. I have yet to really seen a family tribe to actually meet all of that criteria though, seen plenty rule worlds, but mostly late game where a large proportion of 'more skilled' players have left.

Just for a quick look at how you guys are spaced, a standard twstats map:
index.php

uk9

A bit close together in my honest opinion in K45.

DeletedUser8288

ahh some great points made but like you said it can work possible but i disagree that we are to close together what you have to remember is were not the number 1 tribe sorry to use a football but we are like the stoke fc of tw we have got were we are not because of are quaitly but because of hard work and because of that we stay close to survive there is plenty of targets since there's only 20 members per tribe

DeletedUser

Don't mind Stoke, wanted them to win FA. At any rate, yes you only have 40 players our of the whole world so there are arguably lots of targets, but actually your farming areas must conflict something awful in places, and the actual people you will want to noble several others will also want to noble from your family tribe, as good noble targets don't grow on trees. Also bare in mind that you won't want to noble a long way away, especially not for second village as you won't have a train so an area could run out of good noble targets pretty fast, causing the others to noble worse targets. Could explain nobling barbarian villages, which I've also seen frequently in family tribes. However there are solutions to problems, and how you solve your problems will show how good a family you will be. Good luck.

DeletedUser

You'd have to be on crack to join an accademy in a world with win conditions.
no accademy is going to win the world

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Don't mind Stoke, wanted them to win FA. At any rate, yes you only have 40 players our of the whole world so there are arguably lots of targets, but actually your farming areas must conflict something awful in places, and the actual people you will want to noble several others will also want to noble from your family tribe, as good noble targets don't grow on trees. Also bare in mind that you won't want to noble a long way away, especially not for second village as you won't have a train so an area could run out of good noble targets pretty fast, causing the others to noble worse targets. Could explain nobling barbarian villages, which I've also seen frequently in family tribes. However there are solutions to problems, and how you solve your problems will show how good a family you will be. Good luck.

When the leader joined the world on the 8th June and hasn't yet managed 1000 plunders I don't think they need to worry too much about farming areas...

DeletedUser

no academy is going to win the world

You still about? O: And depends if you're going for the win, but true.

DeletedUser1960

no accademy is going to win the world

Wow what an incredible narrow minded thing to say....You very obviously dont know what you are talking about, remove your blinders and open your mind to the possibilities and various options this presents like the original poster mentions in his post, did you actually read AND understand the original post?

DeletedUser

You still about? O: And depends if you're going for the win, but true.

Yup, just hiding

@ rug bug

What possibilities and various options are mentioned in that post?
Seems like a list of reasons not to have an academy and then a decision to do it anyway.

I don't * rams leadership for starting an acad, meatshields are obviously going to be effective. I just think joining it would be a bad move for anybody looking for a tribe

40 members when only 20 can actually win (I know some people don't care so much about that but if a game can be won then surely you should play with that ambition?) is just going to leave (should they win) 20 members getting screwed, they might even be the very people who have done the work getting the family into that possition but missing out for a higher points or better liked member.

* my brain cant find the word I want to go here

DeletedUser1960

Yup, just hiding

@ rug bug

What possibilities and various options are mentioned in that post?
Seems like a list of reasons not to have an academy and then a decision to do it anyway.

I don't * rams leadership for starting an acad, meatshields are obviously going to be effective. I just think joining it would be a bad move for anybody looking for a tribe

40 members when only 20 can actually win (I know some people don't care so much about that but if a game can be won then surely you should play with that ambition?) is just going to leave (should they win) 20 members getting screwed, they might even be the very people who have done the work getting the family into that possition but missing out for a higher points or better liked member.

* my brain cant find the word I want to go here

Many possibilities were mentioned in his well written post. Read it again and look behind his meaning.....

Deleted User - 695343

Ram just went way way down in my estimation and tbh they weren't very high to begin with. Shame to watch the world decline like this. Queue quit fest. :/

DeletedUser

You on this world or just saw academy and posted? Rug bug I think the main reason stated was you can have more members, which is a point but I personally always liked smaller tribes, though I am aware if skill, activity and coordination levels are equal more members is a large advantage, however they are rarely equal.

DeletedUser8288

the point that an academy isnt going to win the world i completly agree however players from are tribe will quit and go inactive so will players from the academy so eventually players from the academy could move over and replace those that have gone inactive i see the academy more of a short term fix for this problem

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9748

Academy tribes exist only for internalling and boosting other accounts. There is no solid academy tribe that will make any difference. If 20 people in a single tribe can't work together, how will 40 people with 2 different tribes? Never seen an academy tribe did well in a world, if anyone has please come forward or stay silent forever :p

DeletedUser1960

You on this world or just saw academy and posted? Rug bug I think the main reason stated was you can have more members, which is a point but I personally always liked smaller tribes, though I am aware if skill, activity and coordination levels are equal more members is a large advantage, however they are rarely equal.

Ok a tribe is fairly full and the leadership sees several more players worthy of being invited. BUT the tribe is nearly full so a viable alternative is an academy/sister/brother/uncle tribe.

Players get bored and go inactive and the players in the other tribe are rotated into the main one....They all help each other. The possibilities are great if the leadership can handle all the organizational headaches of running two or more tribes, as long as the leadership can MANAGE effectively then academy tribes can do very well. But if leadership sucks which it does in alot of tribes....then academy tribes will suck as well...

DeletedUser

Pretty much stated all of that in my essay further up the page, but yeah. True ^^

DeletedUser8288

Well time will tell what happans but it is a little sad that i started an academy about a week ago and there already ranked in the top 20 :/

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No matter what the Member Limit of a tribe.. Academy's suck! I dont know if you're aware of W 18 on the .net server. It was the quickest world on that server to end --> Because of hugging. A family of tribes, which is basically the same as an academy, just a play on words hugged together to win the world.

A tribe, or family should I say, named APOC won this world with 4 tribes!! A link to their final map can be found below.

http://forum.tribalwars.net/showthread.php?t=143664

And that is why academy/family tribes fail. :)