Why an academy tribe on this world could work

• Thread starter DeletedUser8288
  • Start date

DeletedUser8288

I'm not saying you are naive or crap, but barely anyone thinks they are. GL in proving all the doubters wrong. As I've said I'm 100% sure it can be done, so do it right. (Still not sure on the spacing though, but time will tell)

Could declare on Taco! to prove self?

funny engough we are thinking of declaring on combo , axes and sexy impressive ay :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

Go for it! I hear those tribes are pretty beast though. The fact they fight each other so much should help.

DeletedUser

I think the only way an "academy" tribe would work, is if the academy tribe is fully equal to the existing main tribe, or in other words a family tribe.
For obvious mass recruiting reasons family tribes have always been poor in previous worlds, but on this world it could work quite well, with the restricted member limit.

The brother/sister/daughter/son or wutever name you wanna give it, would be the equivalent of having a strong trusted ally.
Back in the day when shared forums didn't exist, I don't even know how they managed to work at all but now I think it wouldn't be too difficult at all.

DeletedUser9936

The brother/sister/daughter/son or wutever name you wanna give it, would be the equivalent of having a strong trusted ally.
Back in the day when shared forums didn't exist, I don't even know how they managed to work at all but now I think it wouldn't be too difficult at all.

That i think is a valid point in favour of a family trbe set-up as there is nothing to stop every forum board within the tribe being shared so that attack forums, defense forums etc are all shared in effect creating one tribe, and although supporting outside of tribes isn't allowed there is nothing to stop the secondary tribe backtiming attacks

DeletedUser

They used to have outside forums, in w9.net I was in a family briefly that had a noble claiming system ages before it was integrated into actual tw.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
There was a period on W6 that I was a member of a reasonably (even with me in it) succesfull Family tribe where every forum was shared...

But like every other family tribe once the incommings started appearing the number of members willing to do anything but save their own skin became all too obvious...

I'll will always believe that a small tribe of members committed to helping each other will always win a war against a tribe with that hopes that numbers alone will save them..

DeletedUser9936

Agreed, but with a tribe limit of 20 i'm sure you could find 30 players that you could rely on in a world of several hundred?

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
You'd think.. but then the top two tribes only have 12 members each.. and not all of those active... and one of them me... even if the tribes mergerd there wouldn't be 20 currently active players... and they hold about 16 of the top 20 rankings... I think from memory there was a stage when the top 2 tribes held 19 of the top 20...

And I'm pretty sure you couldn't find 30 players of the quality needed to compete with the #1 rank tribe currently on the world... unless they are all hiding...

DeletedUser9936

Perhaps not now after the players that have already been rimmed, but perhaps at an earlier stage it may have had some impact? Who in boo isn't active, i'm looking for 2-3 new villages currently :p

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
The majority of players that could fight Intern at start up did fight them.... had they all been in the same tribe or "family" tribes then yes, it most probably would of been more efffective if it was better organised rather than each tribe working on there own... love them or hate them but intern have earnt there place and have not been given it...

It amuses me when speaking to other tribes that say they will take intern down and knock them off the #1 spot.. the only way intern will fall from the #1 spot is if inactivity continues to deplete their numbers and they are not able to replace the lost members... but when interns top 4 members have more points than any other tribe it isn't going to happen soon enough...

I can give you a list of players in Intern that aren't active... :)

But then there is being inactive.. and there is being sat until your internalled...

DeletedUser

I have always liked the idea of a family tribe I think its a far better option than getting loads make that any diplomacy.

Diplomacy does bring with it baggage as often this tribe will not attack another due to them having their own diplomacy & before you know it you suffer a massive chain effect which can make a world boring / hard work.

The wording of this can put the backs up some players as they maybe have not played early .net worlds which had a massive player base.
The Academy option on a world such as this as pointed out may not be the best option more a brother /sister tribe.

Sure on normal (if there is such a thing now) worlds academy tribes can be looked at more as home grown talent which can give safe ish areas for new to the game players to develop their skills.
It also gives far greater numbers of resources ie players to help with attacks / support. As I mentioned you just never get the same effect with allies as they always have their own plans in progress.

If I ever get the spare time when W21 ends & play the game with vigor I think I would look at trying to run a family for the win. For me the main reason is simple I just hate diplomacy & sucking up to any other tribe but at times there is a real need for that extra punch.

Maybe your tribe(s) will not work but whatever the outcome I wish you good luck as to stand up & take that step of actually running a tribe is never an easy task.

DeletedUser9748

If something spectaculer does not happen soon enough in this world (like an ultimate war) then everyone will quit due to inactivity and boredom not just the top tribe...

DeletedUser

I can see many problems with the settings for a world this size. Saying that its nice that the admins do try such settings.

HP5 kind of rings a bell on how this world could turn out. The only saving grace was the speed of that world.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
If something spectaculer does not happen soon enough in this world (like an ultimate war) then everyone will quit due to inactivity and boredom not just the top tribe...

I hate it when I have to agree with you.... I can only speak for what I know but inactivity is an issue for both the rank 1 and 2 tribes.. therefore it's not surprising that both only have approximately 8 active members and at least some of those active members having recently joined W10 which at this early stage looks like a much more competitive and interesting world...

Personnally my view is the non-growing barbs is a big reason to W10 being so borring... as I presume Mr Ballerond Sir your finding like most that the more villages you have the more farming trips and greater the distance you have to farm in order to keep all your ques going... well as my experience in previous worlds is that once you got to a certain level of farming trips.. you could just increase the number of troops in each trip rather than making more and more trips... the looter of the day is only going for about 1.5m... with 10+ villages that ain't much res per village...

Anyway.. I just trying not to be rimmed again until all you good players quit and me and the noobs can fight it out for the win...

Might even set up a academy tribe once everyone else in BOO quits...

DeletedUser9748

I also have to agree with you specially in the farming thing. Since barbs do not grow, in order to keep the queues running, sending res to smaller villages to upgrade them and of course generally keep the buildings raised, you have to farm with everything. I farm with axes/LC/Spears/Swords/HC (if I could farm with rams I would have done it) and my trips can reach out to 6.5 - 7 hours. Of course it is a very tedious thing and sometimes you just cannot keep up the queues and besides the LC farming, the rest remain low for quite some time.

I don't know if that world saves us any surprises. I hope it does, because it's the first world I am doing well and I don't want to quit just because I got bored of farming :p I prefer lose and getting rimmed rather than just quit in rank 2 or 3 because there is noone competitive left.

DeletedUser

Maybe instead of the mega farming for little reward you instead used the troops to stop others growing.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Although that's a much more fun way to play... at some point you need to grow in order for your tribe to reach the winning post so the farming has got to be done sooner or later...

DeletedUser

Nah Mancunia he is referring to over-farming I do believe, which definitely exists.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
Is that when the soil turns to dust and you can't grow anything anymore?!!?

TBH I have noticed (i know I'm on the rim so not the same) that I'm getting a average haul of about 700 and the Award winnings are getting no where near that... (this presumes that the same person is winning both awards...)