» Add to Address book
» Highlight on map
» Invite to tribe
» Add as friend
» User file (external link)

Villages Coordinates Points
Kathryn Janeway 527|467 283
Locutas of Borgs village 528|467 3.176

Does this not sum up the skill of Rage? Congratulations on a wholly pathetic milestone and the fantastic farming opportunities from nobling a farm right NEXT DOOR to you, despite the abundance of better targets.

Discuss.

Wow. That's so bad :') Congrats on nobling a liability, newb :3

DeletedUser5942

Sorry Frank - my point was that the title of this thread was "Why do Noobs bother'" - they bother because they think they are going to have a fun game to play - unfortunately, if all you experienced players keep playing each other on the same world as noobs, then because of your experience, the noobs give up anyway because you farm them to death - I'm expecting that to happen to me and I'm not a new noob but I happen to be in the same region as Nauz so QED I have no hope. My Question, if I'm permitted one is "Do the experienced players enjoy playing against noobs or would you enjouy teaching them?"

DeletedUser

I would prefer teaching them, but unfortunately most new players dont want to play competitively, spend time on this game or use skype as much as others. On the other hand, I learnt to play decently off the bat by reading guides and asking people on skype. It's easier to ask questions on forums and on skype, rather than just waiting to get nobled and whining about it

Nauzhror

Reaction score
"Do the experienced players enjoy playing against noobs

I don't. It's why most worlds I noble off the few decent players in my area and then get bored and wander off to the next world. I very much believe the game would be more fun if the average player was better at the game.

DeletedUser

Sorry Frank - my point was that the title of this thread was "Why do Noobs bother'" - they bother because they think they are going to have a fun game to play - unfortunately, if all you experienced players keep playing each other on the same world as noobs, then because of your experience, the noobs give up anyway because you farm them to death - I'm expecting that to happen to me and I'm not a new noob but I happen to be in the same region as Nauz so QED I have no hope. My Question, if I'm permitted one is "Do the experienced players enjoy playing against noobs or would you enjouy teaching them?"

It isn't fun unless you win, because if you don't play to win, that's defeat staring at you in the face. That village will only hamper his growth, allow players around him (e.g. craig123) to outgrow him and therefore expand faster, therefore defeating him at a later date (I know craig is a good player and will be able to do so), and ending his presence on this world.

DeletedUser5942

Thank you Frank for your reply. I would love to be taught how to play this game properly. Competitively. However, having read forums, you experienced players are very intimidating and quite... well... unwelcoming. So I guess I should take my chances?

DeletedUser5942

It isn't fun unless you win, because if you don't play to win, that's defeat staring at you in the face. That village will only hamper his growth, allow players around him (e.g. craig123) to outgrow him and therefore expand faster, therefore defeating him at a later date (I know craig is a good player and will be able to do so), and ending his presence on this world.

I respect your answer, I really do - but for a newbie wanting to learn how to play the game - and therefore become an opponent, what are you doing to help them do this? Or is that the point? You don't want to help new players learn how to play the game PROPERLY?

DeletedUser

Thank you Frank for your reply. I would love to be taught how to play this game properly. Competitively. However, having read forums, you experienced players are very intimidating and quite... well... unwelcoming. So I guess I should take my chances?

1. These are the external forums. Impressions aren't quite what they seem. Only a superficial person judges wholly on external forum persona.
2. In order to join TuToR, there is a minimum expectation required from our new recruits anyway.
3. Taking your chances will lead to defeat. Sure, you might *survive* till late-game... but you won't "win". I define winning as being rank 1 (or at least a very big player) and being in the larger and more powerful tribes (e.g. TuToR atm).
3. Also, your ability to handle flack from intimidating players may be a subtle test in disguise. Who knows?

I respect your answer, I really do - but for a newbie wanting to learn how to play the game - and therefore become an opponent, what are you doing to help them do this? Or is that the point? You don't want to help new players learn how to play the game PROPERLY?

We only teach those in our tribe (TuToR). We wish to crush everyone else. :)

DeletedUser5942

I don't. It's why most worlds I noble off the few decent players in my area and then get bored and wander off to the next world. I very much believe the game would be more fun if the average player was better at the game.

Thank you Nauz. I had hoped for this kind of reply. It's no fun for Noobs to be farmed/nobled out of the game before they have an opportunity to learn how it works.

1. These are the external forums. Impressions aren't quite what they seem. Only a superficial person judges wholly on external forum persona.
2. In order to join TuToR, there is a minimum expectation required from our new recruits anyway.
3. Taking your chances will lead to defeat. Sure, you might *survive* till late-game... but you won't "win". I define winning as being rank 1 (or at least a very big player) and being in the larger and more powerful tribes (e.g. TuToR atm).
3. Also, your ability to handle flack from intimidating players may be a subtle test in disguise. Who knows?
We only teach those in our tribe (TuToR). We wish to crush everyone else. :)

1. I guess I'm not judging very well then! - I'm not going to pass judgement - that would be crass.
2. I'm sure there is and I'm sorry if I did not reach it this time.
3. I have big shoulders - flack? what's flack? ;o)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1410

G~T has a few members in it that do not have the experience that some do
I learned this game and are still learning this game as I go, And I think TuTor have made a rod for there own back by saying they are a learning tribe
As I know Most of the members in there and I would say all would help any member that wants to learn how to play and do well on this game

DeletedUser5942

G~T has a few members in it that do not have the experience that some do
I learned this game and are still learning this game as I go, And I think TuTor have made a rod for there own back by saying they are a learning tribe
As I know Most of the members in there and I would say all would help any member that wants to learn how to play and do well on this game

From what I have read, TuTor were set up specifically to teach players how to play. I think thats admirable.

DeletedUser

Nauz, on my first world (UK1) I read your how to guide and must admit that for the first few days it was extremely useful for us noobs. However ... there's little useful information out there which gets to distinguish the good from the average and the poor.

You ever willing to do your write up for a 300 pts to 4K pts in no time guide?

I'm sure it would for 1 be worth the read, and 2 be used by alot of people on here to improve their game.

DeletedUser5942

My guess is Mr Mod (Nemesis666) is perturbed because we are now discussing HOW we can help noobs as opposed to why they bother?

My next question would then be, where is the thread that give the noobs some help as to how to play without embarrassing themselves please?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My guess is Mr Mod (Nemesis666) is perturbed because we are now discussing HOW we can help noobs as opposed to why they bother?

My next question would then be, where is the thread that give the noobs some help as to how to play without embarrassing themselves please?

If you wish to start a thread to give help to new players, feel free to do so.

DeletedUser5942

My question would then be, where is the thread :Link Please: that give the noobs some help as to how to play without embarrassing themselves please?

Not to derail the thread - only asking for info please.

DeletedUser

There isnt to my knowledge a thread for giving advice on the uk7 forums, but I'm sure someone will be happy to start one.

DeletedUser1410

If you want help or advice Mail me in game or on here I will help anyone
as long as it has no effect on any member in my tribe?
I have peeps mailing me a few times a week asking for help or advice and I will help any player, even if they are on the enemies side
and have done
Mail me with the Heading Advice