Why do noobs bother?

DeletedUser

Hmm if you can snipe a 50ms noble then No, one person couldn't noble you out with one train but tbh I dont think you could put up much of a fight against Saint or Temporary, who knows I could probably clear you :D

No your account sucks :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

erm you never heard of the term dodging then?

seems you need extra lessons in your teaching tribe

what i mean is not one person can noble me, sure a few together could but that can be said about any player.

if you think i am wrong, then you know how to proove it

Ever heard of catting the rally?

DeletedUser4320

Well, getting back to the topic; Why do noobs bother?

As a player that has been classified as a noob and a terrible player ad nauseam by the 1337 31173; I can shed some insight to why I bother to put time and money into this game despite my noobiness.

It is very simple; it is because I find it fun. And since a game is defined as an activity engaged in for diversity and/or amusement it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the math as the saying goes.

:)

Nauzhror

Reaction score

what i mean is not one person can noble me, sure a few together could but that can be said about any player.

I'm not close enough to noble you, but I am very very confident that if we were closer I could do so. You can't clear me. On the other hand I can almost certainly clear you and have a noble live with just my lc/hc/rams. Admittedly, don't know your troopcount, so can't prove that I can clear you and have a noble live, but I was able to when simming with a tribemates troopcount who is top 20 and has the same farm level as you.

Attacker Units: 0 0 100 0 0 600 0 572 50 0 0 1 0 250.400 208.800 557.200 6.282
Losses: 0 0 33 0 0 264 0 252 16 0 0 0 0 90.180 68.390 221.720 2.681

Defender Units: 160 65 1164 0 0 1037 0 0 131 0 1 0 0 248.735 171.590 338.200 6.202
Losses: 160 65 1164 0 0 1037 0 0 131 0 1 0 0 248.735 171.590 338.200 6.202
Damage by rams: The wall has been damaged and downgraded from level 15 to level 10

That sim is with my lc/hc/axe count from 22 hours ago. Tribemate in question had 160 sp, 65 sw, 1164 axes, 1037 lc, 131 rams, and a 15 wall (is same as in the simulator, but easier to read in this format).

As such that rules out backtiming as an option if you manage to split the train, though I rather doubt you could send a backtime that I couldn't dodge anyway.

Well, getting back to the topic; Why do noobs bother?

As a player that has been classified as a noob and a terrible player ad nauseam by the 1337 31173

You get called a noob by the wannabe elites, there's a difference, specifically that most of the actual top players rate you more highly than the wannabe elites calling who class you as a noob.

Last edited:

DeletedUser857

there is not one player in this world powerful enough to demolish me.

[gfx]Actually, if I were to attack you, and you defended against my attacks, I am confident I have a more than sufficient troop count to clear you with ease (CF even more easily as he has a few more troops than me). If you dodged my attacks, I would cat your village down with ease.[/gfx]

DeletedUser8815

Ever heard of catting the rally?

oh please do they not teach you anything in the teaching tribe?

The defence to that is simple. You demolish your own rally point and time its rebuilding to happen after the cats have hit but before the nuke hits. That way the cats cannot destroy the rally point cos it does not exist. If the time between the cats and nuke is short then all you have to do is dodge the lot and cancel the dodge just before the cats destroy rally point.

If you are not taught that then maybe you should hire me as a teacher.

My highest priority when starting a world is to become noble proof. That is to get into a position where not one single person can noble you out of the game. In order to do that you need a second village before others around you have nobles and others in the world have trains. That I achieved. If anyone thinks I am wrong that please do try to rim me. I will not ask my tribe for support, neither would you be able to ask for assistance.

This is actually not a great achievement, many players achieve it early, but you do need a second village for sniping

[gfx]Actually, if I were to attack you, and you defended against my attacks, I am confident I have a more than sufficient troop count to clear you with ease (CF even more easily as he has a few more troops than me). If you dodged my attacks, I would cat your village down with ease.[/gfx]

that may well be the case, however I am not obliged to defend, I would probably simply dodge and you would have wasted many hours of farming to come visit my village. Anybody with 200 LC and 300 axe would be able to clear any offensive village if its owner was daft enough not to dodge.

As for cats, well they are those people in the world that talk about it, and then they are those that just do it.....which are you?

Really please, if you are that confident then go ahead and try instead of just talking about it all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score

The defence to that is simple. You demolish your own rally point and time its rebuilding to happen after the cats have hit but before the nuke hits. That way the cats cannot destroy the rally point cos it does not exist.

Catting it several times before a train can make splitting tricky still, especially if timed 2-3 minutes apart for the entire 20 minute period before the train lands.

DeletedUser2722

My highest priority when starting a world is to become noble proof. That is to get into a position where not one single person can noble you out of the game. In order to do that you need a second village before others around you have nobles and others in the world have trains. That I achieved. If anyone thinks I am wrong that please do try to rim me. I will not ask my tribe for support, neither would you be able to ask for assistance.

This is actually not a great achievement, many players achieve it early, but you do need a second village for sniping

If you believe a second village is required to snipe trains, or that a second
village makes you noble-proof, then you are no better a player than those
coming to us for teaching.

And after looking at scout reports of your village it's clear you need some
guidance, so maybe you should humble yourself and apply to TuToR? :icon_wink:

As for rimming you...

If you were in my area, you would be gone from this world in a few hours
from now! :icon_twisted:

--Abdo--

DeletedUser

The defence to that is simple. You demolish your own rally point and time its rebuilding to happen after the cats have hit but before the nuke hits. That way the cats cannot destroy the rally point cos it does not exist. If the time between the cats and nuke is short then all you have to do is dodge the lot and cancel the dodge just before the cats destroy rally point.

Do you really think I do not think ahead?

Catting it several times before a train can make splitting tricky still, especially if timed 2-3 minutes apart for the entire 20 minute period before the train lands.

locutas of borg said:
If you are not taught that then maybe you should hire me as a teacher.

What makes you think I'm a student? I'm Temporary.

locutas of borg said:

that may well be the case, however I am not obliged to defend, I would probably simply dodge and you would have wasted many hours of farming to come visit my village. Anybody with 200 LC and 300 axe would be able to clear any offensive village if its owner was daft enough not to dodge.

As for cats, well they are those people in the world that talk about it, and then they are those that just do it.....which are you?

Really please, if you are that confident then go ahead and try instead of just talking about it all the time.

I would if you were closer, just to prove you wrong. Judging from the last scout report of your farm level, and a suspected increase in it, there is not one way you can defend against my offense. You simply, do not have the defense. You could dodge, yes. If a noble train comes, you're gone. You could try to dodge and demolish your rally preemptively, but I would make it extremely hard.

Nauzhror

Reaction score

Got a notbook handy? If not, get one because it seems you still need some lessons too.

Specifically in the games mechanics.

You can absolutely split trains with one village. In fact the best method of splitting trains requires only one village. If I were closer to you I'd let you stay ignorant till after I'd rimmed you, but since you're too far away and I'm in a good mood I'll educate you.

Attacks return to the village they were sent from at the exact ms they would have reached their original destination when cancelled, this gives you a twenty minute period before any train lands to send attacks over and over till you get one with a proper ms to split the train. At which point you simply need to cancel the attack on the right second to make it return and split the train.

DeletedUser8643

yes naus, i know, that method is posted in simplistic terms in our forums. But there are other advantages such as reducing your own loyalty when your second village gets an acad of course.

Temp, I am gonna stop posting in this thread, tbh i am getting tired of defending myself against all you guys saying you can do this that and the other to me. tbh had I had you or naus in my area I would have played the game differently. I have the freedom of playing the game how i like because I became the biggest player in my area.

This is why startup guides are not really that good, a start up guide with you or naus in your 15 x 15 would be very different to the same world without being near you guys.

I have been playing tw since the start of w12 in net, some 4 years ago now, during that time I have seen many changes and developing techniques, but you seem to treat me as some kind of noob that thinks he is better than that. As for ranking, tw have spent a lot of time in devising the best way of deciding rank, and in their infinite wisdom decided to create a points table for villages and judging how good your villages are developed award points accordingly. Yes troops matter, but at this stage in the game their are more useful for farming than clearing.

DeletedUser

Never treated you as a noob. Any player can be beaten 1 v 1, especially this early. That's my point.

DeletedUser857

[gfx]Make no mistake about it, I have the cats to reduce your village to rubble if I was to attack- dodging would be useless. The only thing stopping me is the 34 hour trip (at cat speed). :lol:[/gfx]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
yes naus, i know, that method is posted in simplistic terms in our forums.

Your earlier posts sure seem to imply otherwise. I totally agree that there's no 'right' way to play, and as such have not commented at all in this thread regarding your choice of noble target, but to claim that you need a second village to split, and then later rescind that statement and claim you knew there was a method that didn't require a second village seems a bit off. Especially because the method that doesn't require a second village is the most accurate and precise method.

[gfx]Make no mistake about it, I have the cats to reduce your village to rubble if I was to attack- dodging would be useless. The only thing stopping me is the 34 hour trip (at cat speed). :lol:[/gfx]

Sorry to break it to you, but I'd place my money on locutas over you in a 1 vs. 1.

DeletedUser857

Sorry to break it to you, but I'd place my money on locutas over you in a 1 vs. 1.

[gfx]Sorry to break it to you, but it doesn't make it true just because you think it :icon_wink:[/gfx]

DeletedUser

I'd place my money on Alex over Locatus in a 1 v 1. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser8815

Your earlier posts sure seem to imply otherwise. I totally agree that there's no 'right' way to play, and as such have not commented at all in this thread regarding your choice of noble target, but to claim that you need a second village to split, and then later rescind that statement and claim you knew there was a method that didn't require a second village seems a bit off. Especially because the method that doesn't require a second village is the most accurate and precise method.

its probably got more to do with the fact that i have never tried this method as of yet. In a previous world I would often noble small barbs build up barracks and farm and get it producing defense very quickly, the villages would be no more than 1 or 2k and not very attractive noble targets, but they would be empty as the defense produced were used to protect frontline offensive villages.

DeletedUser

its probably got more to do with the fact that i have never tried this method as of yet. In a previous world I would often noble small barbs build up barracks and farm and get it producing defense very quickly, the villages would be no more than 1 or 2k and not very attractive noble targets, but they would be empty as the defense produced were used to protect frontline offensive villages.

New techniques have been introduced since W14, Locutas. Cancel-sniping is the new method of sniping, and when performed correctly, it is superior to normal sniping.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
New techniques have been introduced since W14, Locutas. Cancel-sniping is the new method of sniping, and when performed correctly, it is superior to normal sniping.

It's not 'new' since W14. It's just more well known nowadays whereas back then it was something a few players knew about and kept quiet about so others didn't learn about it.