Wikileaks

DeletedUser

So, is wikileaks a good thing or a bad thing? Is it reassuring to see what goes on behind the scenes or a threat to national security?

I'm sure there'll be a lot more released some time soon, of course if the head of Wikileaks (Julian Assange) is to be arrested things could change dramatically.

DeletedUser

Ja, wasn't it raping a Polish woman? I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were fakes considering how hated he is by a world power.

I think it has given us an insight into the 'strongest' country in the world. Any allegations of it being against security etc. are highly doubtable, I mean what has it done? It has peed off a few countries, but they USA can simply blame it on the diplomats instead of themselves.

DeletedUser

Ja, wasn't it raping a Polish woman? I wouldn't be at all surprised if these were fakes considering how hated he is by a world power.

That was a while back, its now something to do with him releasing large numbers of secret US files :D

Plus here's the website for anyone who hasn't seen it yet

DeletedUser613

They do have to be careful about what they leak. Some things aren't meant to be shown to the world, especially if it could bring about instability

DeletedUser

It's funny to see the 'diplomatic' responses. I fail to see how anything leaked so far could effect national security. Perhaps they should of not done it in the first place. :p

DeletedUser

I think it has given us an insight into the 'strongest' country in the world. Any allegations of it being against security etc. are highly doubtable, I mean what has it done? It has peed off a few countries, but they USA can simply blame it on the diplomats instead of themselves.

If you're the Iranian business-man who leaked information to US diplomats, and are now easily identifiable, you're not going to like it.

Basically this stops diplomacy from functioning, because the people who tell the US things, things that they need to hear to form coherent policy, are now thinking "If I leak to the US government, and my name gets released in the press, what's going to happen?" it's made the US much less trustable in diplomatic circles, and there will be a backlash.