Winning , Losing, Shame or no Shame ?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5528
  • Start date

DeletedUser5528

ok so a bit wierd but it has crossed my mind that the current thoughts and feelings of uk3 are so mixed...

The frame of mind in TFF has been so set on winning the world that we may or may not have missed something here...

Is the current feeling in death and AFA that TFF will one day be defeated or is it that you love the uk3 world atmosphere and camaradarie...

I had a talk with hunskelper once and one of his comments at the time passed me by but has recently come back to my mind,, " We are talking about the End of uk3 here, Is that not a big shame? " That is not word for word but is the gist of it.

So this thread is for you all to get your thoughts out there.

What is it about uk3 that you love so much?

Do you want it just to be over?

Is it that you have put so many hours,weeks and days into it that you just cant walk away from it?

What will it mean to you when the uk3 world comes to an end?

Once uk3 is over will you be going with your uk3 friends to other worlds or is TW over for you then ?

Discuss

P.S I would be very interested to see A.F.A's thoughts on this aswell as Death..

OFC TFF are expected to contribute to this thread also..

Disclaimer. This thread is not posted in the form of PnP but it is a genuine interest from one player to others about how you feel about uk3 and TW itself.

DeletedUser

it will be a shame to see w3 end(i do feel the win condition is not the best considering w7 win condition is 100% per cent dominance(which votes are in favour of at the moment),),

it was my first ever world and im great-full that Death gave me the chance to see the world end, i all ready play other worlds and plan to carry on playing until i get some where in the game or rl stops me what ever happens first, i know how much time some of these people have put into playing this world, and for me at the end of it i would ask my self was it worth all those hours in front a screen and i would have to say yes, the banter is good, tff efforts on our villages are a good laugh now and again and watching tff try taking the mick out of us on the externals can be quite funny . what will the end of uk3 mean to me, well it means i can put more time into w7 and w10 so i will still be looking a a screen for hours cursing.
as long as i give it my best shot, i will be able to hold my head high!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it will be a shame to see w3 end

let's make an never ending story out of it. The moment TFF is going to achieve 75% domination on occupied villas we'll let DEATH re-take and stack some of their old villas in middle K's :icon_wink: if folks stay together might be an idea worth considering. however, is a better ending than everything changing into gray barbs.

I passed over my german accounts to friends of mine (both top fifty as I handed them over), declined an offer for an account on top 3 ranking on swiss TW and let my own UK10 Rover account barb just to keep UK3 going seriously. I think I'm going to have a year or two off TW after UK3 came to an end.

tff efforts on our villages are a good laugh now
you surely mean me with that comment *sobs*
just logging on to get my daily slap in the face from shroud wearers
frown.gif

at least I keep staying on top of TFF ODA rankings...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5528

I have mixed feelings about this.

I would love for my tribe to win uk3 and believe we have it in our grasp, it would be and hopefully will be a big achievement for each and every member of it.

However I know most will leave TW once this is over so friendships and so on will inevitably come to an end, This would not be so good.

I also dont know what I will do with my time once I have it back
:lol:

DeletedUser

I'll go fishing.

Its been a long time and have good friends on here but enough is enough. I will not play this again and wouldn't have started if I'd known it would take even 1/2 the time its taken so far.

DeletedUser6603

it will be a shame to see w3 end(i do feel the win condition is not the best considering w7 win condition is 100% per cent dominance(which votes are in favour of at the moment),),

it was my first ever world and im great-full that Death gave me the chance to see the world end, i all ready play other worlds and plan to carry on playing until i get some where in the game or rl stops me what ever happens first, i know how much time some of these people have put into playing this world, and for me at the end of it i would ask my self was it worth all those hours in front a screen and i would have to say yes, the banter is good, tff efforts on our villages are a good laugh now and again and watching tff try taking the mick out of us on the externals can be quite funny . what will the end of uk3 mean to me, well it means i can put more time into w7 and w10 so i will still be looking a a screen for hours cursing.
as long as i give it my best shot, i will be able to hold my head high!

Hate to burst your bubble chaz, but W7 will probably end before W3 ;-)

Apologies for posting off topic, I shall disappear now!

DeletedUser9752

ok so a bit wierd but it has crossed my mind that the current thoughts and feelings of uk3 are so mixed...

The frame of mind in TFF has been so set on winning the world that we may or may not have missed something here...

Is the current feeling in death and AFA that TFF will one day be defeated or is it that you love the uk3 world atmosphere and camaradarie...

I had a talk with hunskelper once and one of his comments at the time passed me by but has recently come back to my mind,, " We are talking about the End of uk3 here, Is that not a big shame? " That is not word for word but is the gist of it.

So this thread is for you all to get your thoughts out there.

What is it about uk3 that you love so much?

Do you want it just to be over?

Is it that you have put so many hours,weeks and days into it that you just cant walk away from it?

What will it mean to you when the uk3 world comes to an end?

Once uk3 is over will you be going with your uk3 friends to other worlds or is TW over for you then ?

Discuss

P.S I would be very interested to see A.F.A's thoughts on this aswell as Death..

OFC TFF are expected to contribute to this thread also..

Disclaimer. This thread is not posted in the form of PnP but it is a genuine interest from one player to others about how you feel about uk3 and TW itself.

To be honest my comments were more about the manner in which the world would have ended, rather than the end itself.

The conversation above was after I had declined (not for the first time) to 'cross the floor'.

I meant it would be a shame if the world ended because of a few ship jumpers.

This world is now a war of attrition, pure and simple. The attempted 'Siege of Alessandria' tactics on both sides are amusing......

DeletedUser

This world is now a war of attrition, pure and simple. The attempted 'Siege of Alessandria' tactics on both sides are amusing......

I think this makes that server fun and different to other ending wars I experienced so far (for instance w4.de which led to the peak of the art of how to munch 10k barbs).

I'd rather compare UK3 to the Battle of Verdun 1916 rather than a medieval siege. More waste of material than areal victories on the battlefield.

Triarii2D

Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble chaz, but W7 will probably end before W3 ;-)

Apologies for posting off topic, I shall disappear now!

True, but we still could manage before you(fingers crossed), and not trying to downgrade your achievement if you do finish before us, but TFF haven't recruited(as in a completely new player) since the 2nd of February 2010, and he quit TW very soon after, Wilgore and aac before that(who also quit TW very soon after), so our last actual recruit was madskillz, in mid November 2010(before UK7 and KnK actually existed!)

By contrast KnK have recruited and merged with loads of tribes even as the world nears its completion, which in a way is disappointing :(, but obviously their leaders have done a great job with their recruitment which has paid dividends, so kudos for that :)

Obviously if W1N finished before us would be a huge achievement considering the number of villas on Uk1 but don't forget uk3's tribe limit, which means that there can be a lot more players in a tribe, in TFF we have only 24 players left, controlling over 55% of the world

(Also KWA Pablo please accept my above arguments are biased because 1 I am in TFF, and because on UK1 I was in Swarm which your KnK folk back stabbed us)

Dan-tri:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser6603

Ahh thats the trouble with making comments on worlds you know nothing about, you are almost guaranteed to get it wrong! Rather than continue to de-rail this thread, ill pm you ;-)

DeletedUser8800

lol i say lets battle it out players from this world against knk lol
no seriuosly i dont want this world to end i love the settings the best yet,
have played other worlds and currently on world 7 waiting for knk to strike lol
but i love the people on here and love the banter i have with tff
we all make mistakes in game and wish we could turn back the clock but hey i cant believe how long i have been dedicated to this world for,
i play for fun and think i will carry on but not as serious or hard core as i do here
you need something to fill in spare time lol
i say the best enemy player i have spoken too would have to be
lighty jo love her to bits
luvhugs on my sits lol very down to earth guy
dan very trusting and serious guy good man
suicide edd wish he would find a job lol

DeletedUser7797

ferret with the hard-core we have in the tribe it'll never end...

DeletedUser8800

well we are still here dan
you steamed roll through every other tribe not ours o yes
i know not afa who are 1 -30th of your size lol
now thats funny

DeletedUser

What is the ending for w3?

out of all world setting i have played i think w3 is the best by far, speed, smithy techs and noble packet system are all great.

DeletedUser5528

well we are still here dan
you steamed roll through every other tribe not ours o yes
i know not afa who are 1 -30th of your size lol
now thats funny

I dont remember saying you wasn't here Ferret..

Yes we steam rolled through a lot of tribes and you are still here .... So what ? to suggest this world will never end because of your core players is laughable,, have you bothered to read the win condition of this world ? So you have maybe less than a handful of fighters in your tribe, have you done the math to realise we dont need to defeat that less than a handful to win this world ?

A.F.A have never been a priority to TFF, sure there may have been little scuffles between our tribes but never anything of the scale of all out war.

What you will notice if you bother to look is TFF are getting closer to the win condtion everyday so that fact you think this world will never end is what is funny :p

Belstars said:
What is the ending for w3?

The win condition as I understand it is for a tribe to own 75% of the worlds active villages and keep at least that percentage for 1 month.

DeletedUser

you know, if you wanted to tff could spilt into 4 smaller tribes but work as a united side, all it will do is make the world last longer

DeletedUser

Why would anyone want to drag this out? I think 2 years is a fair enough go for something that I didn't realise would take so long.