World 13 - a massive generalisation

DeletedUser11204

Hey guys, this is my first real post so please pick apart as much as possible....

At this moment in the game, I would say that we have reached a milestone, the first players are nearly at 30.000 points and there seems to be already a disparity between the top two tribes and the others.

In general, I for one would qualify this world as fairly good, although it is no where near as active as any of the .net worlds would ever be, many were drawn into the captivating alure of this exciting new world. I don't know the official stats but I am fairly sure that there are new players who have started and are still sticking around.
The introduction of flags is a new concept to everyone, yet their utility is somewhat doubtful in my opinion. The majority of people that I have spoken to, seem to be using the troop recruitment and resource bonus flags, yet the others are rarely used. Then of course we have the luck flags... And the population flags and the other flags which are in principal useful, but no one really uses them.

Enough about measly tattered old flags, now onto the tribes. Currently with XpRd, I have had an interesting experience with the tribes that I have been fortunate to be a member of. First off was CND, like many others who joined them, I thought great name and some great people who have all played together at some point or another. The only problem was our duke... Within a day after the end of BP he was cleared, and so did all the tribe members after we all realised how bad the tribe reall was, then came TBR, now as lots of you have been saying, they looked good and did have the credentials, yet some players failed to work together and so they collapsed. There have been plenty of other tribes who have risen, stayed in a respectable position for a bit, and then imploded as members started to fight between themselves etc. the most notable example to date has to be SHAC. They were dominating their continent, but in the last few days, they have fallen from grace. Although this may have a bit to do with the banning of two of their key players, many of us should be surprised at the exodus which has then occurred, yet I am not going to rule them out just yet, as I believe that they will be able to find some new members to impart their knowledge and from there try will be able to challenge again for the top spot in this world.
What will be most interesting to see, is primarily who the next big tribe to collapse will be, and now that we have nobles, the pointers will very soon be differentiated from the troopers.

Il try to write a more coherent thought in a few weeks, when fingers crossed something interesting will have happened!

DeletedUser10601

Nice little read.
I think that I, however, will be using the population flags when I max out my farms which won't be long away! They could prove invaluable, +10% farm space = 2.4k extra troops.

DeletedUser11204

Nice little read.
I think that I, however, will be using the population flags when I max out my farms which won't be long away! They could prove invaluable, +10% farm space = 2.4k extra troops.

That is a fair point

Do you think that they will continue to restrict the trading of flags to just between tribe members?

DeletedUser11204

Well, it looks like I have had to wait only a few hours for a major tribe to disband, by the looks of it, was just waiting to happen. So today, the major casjualty was the tribe SHAC. I for one am sorry to see them go, although people have been bandying around rumours that the tribe members were all point-whores etc, I am not convinced. What will be interesting however is where these tribes men disapear off to, around XpRd, it was thought that they would all move into WG, a good tribe, which already has accepted some of the old SHAC players notably the esteemed Mr. Warnham. This now leaves the top two tribes, XpRd and WG on their own at the top.

What we should now look out for is the introduction of a new tribe, just like XpRd, which was formed when TBR and AOD members split up. So that poses a very interesting situation, what is going to happen to these old SHAC members? Or is this some synical ploy to throw us off their scent while they build up their troops and intel to suddenly spring back on the scene? A bit far fetched I know, but this is Tribal Wars, and hence anything is possible.

DeletedUser

I think they will all just either quit or join WC :) or WG
I'd also like to point out this leaves TMN rank 1 oda ;)

DeletedUser10601

I'd love to see anyone try and prove we were all pointwhores, they'd have one hell of a shock ;) GLHF and Ad Infernum, for example, were nearly maxed farms in several villas before they were banned - hard for a pointwhore to do I imagine.
There was/is a merger in process involving much of SHAC, the disband was part of the process. It's not all over :D

DeletedUser11204

Phil, the fact that you were No1 ODA kinda proves that you werent :p lol

It was a shame about GLHF and Ad Infernum, cos they seemed like really nice players, maybe next world having learnt their lessons they will be back with avengance!

DeletedUser10601

Phil, the fact that you were No1 ODA kinda proves that you werent :p lol
I really don't know why I didn't think of that as evidence, I'll be honest :p
They were/are good lads and knew how to play a brilliant game, they'll be back to dominate next time round.

DeletedUser11204

I really don't know why I didn't think of that as evidence, I'll be honest :p
They were/are good lads and knew how to play a brilliant game, they'll be back to dominate next time round.

Can not wait tbh aha

And it also looks like that I was proved right with WG ;)

DeletedUser4753

Nice little post, sort of news-letterish, perhaps something like this with little headers focusing on different area's would make for a fresh interesting read, like "Whats happening in this k", "who's merged with who to grow", "whats happening with diplo" "top tribe wars" "lower tribe wars" etc etc.

Little bit of a wall, but im far the biggest culprit of that :),

+rep keep posting.

DeletedUser11204

Nice little post, sort of news-letterish, perhaps something like this with little headers focusing on different area's would make for a fresh interesting read, like "Whats happening in this k", "who's merged with who to grow", "whats happening with diplo" "top tribe wars" "lower tribe wars" etc etc.

Little bit of a wall, but im far the biggest culprit of that :),

+rep keep posting.

Thanks man! And yeah I think I might try and do like a weekly/monthly newspaper type thing if anyone would be interested?

DeletedUser4753

Monthly probably be better, less work for ya and more material over a month.
Id definitely read it :)

DeletedUser11204

Watch this forum/space in the nexrt couple of days! Should have the first one up, depending on whether I can get something from publisher onto the forums!

DeletedUser11204

For those who have not realised :p its up and under the title The Moon