World End

DeletedUser9810

OK Tracy or other admin. You have stated this world will end as scheduled. Today is the 20th. Exactly what time will the world close? I am still able to log in as of 14:11 server time. If this world is to continue I may activate some more premium but I won't if it is definately going to end today. Let all of us know.

Thank you

DeletedUser5582

19.21 tonight it ends so will be sometime after that that the world ends. Probably not wise to extend your premium though of course you can transfer to other worlds.

On a side note posting on here asking for the CM not the quickest way to get her attention. Put a ticket in ingame

DeletedUser9810

thanks...... hmmm. about 5 hours to take another vill. :)

or destroy a couple more nukes.

DeletedUser

Or open a bottle of merlot .. or two bottles .... or three, I feel a night of posting coming on ;)

Well done DWF and congratulations ... game over in 3 and a bit hours , personally its been a real pleasure ...

I would like to post a thank you to all my colleagues in and out of dogs who have made this a fun and enjoyable experience ..

Remember winning isnt everything ... except in a WAR when it is ....

Undefeated DOGS ... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DeletedUser

sorry i take back any congratulations ... nothing like a self conceited freak co played account with out a modicom of humility to put you off... well done dwf ... eat dirt noobler ...

Or open a bottle of merlot .. or two bottles .... or three, I feel a night of posting coming on ;)

Well done DWF and congratulations ... game over in 3 and a bit hours , personally its been a real pleasure ...

I would like to post a thank you to all my colleagues in and out of dogs who have made this a fun and enjoyable experience ..

Remember winning isnt everything ... except in a WAR when it is ....

Undefeated DOGS ... yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DeletedUser5774

Will DWF and DOGs be allowed to war each other for 100% domination of UK8?

DeletedUser5582

no as was mentioned a few times the world ended exactly when win conditions achieved. No fanfare just popped you onto login screen!

DeletedUser5582

well does it matter as no one makes you play a world if you don't like the settings?

I joined UK8 despite some of the settings because it did have a win condition and you knew there was light at the end of the tunnel which for me was the overriding factor in committing to it. I joined a small pre made full of folk I didn't know for the challenge to see if I could emerge in the victorious tribe and pleased to say met a lot of fantastic folk along the way, a lot of whom I now play with on UK11.

The beauty of TW is that you have different worlds and no one is saying they get it 100% right all of the time or even part of the time. I hate churches others love them etc etc.

I love that UK10 has quirky settings others will hate that and am still sad I can't play it. I played UK3 end game and its clear who was going to win but you had to go through the motions which takes away a lot of the fun as bashing a beaten foe over the head day after day is not what its all about. Uk1 still has no win condition so some will like that others will lose heart and leave. How would you keep everyone happy on all these worlds and run at a profit? Simple you can't.

When UK3 had a win condition folk moaned (lol they moaned when they reduced noble costs too!) so think all we can say is that whatever is done, whatever settings are chosen some folks will moan. Some will moan because they can, some because they genuinely have a grievance but I really cannot see why anyone would moan after the event. Expecting a different answer to the same question or saying that was dumb with 20:20 hindsight is hardly hard now is it nor shows a huge amount of thought.

Lessons learnt for the powers that be yes and lets hope the next world with a win condition similar to UK8 has an option of an extension if the world wants it.

For me I would have quit UK8 the second after winning whether the world continued or ended. Could you have forced me to continue? If half the players hit delete where's the fun for those that remain nobling through a sea of grey to get to the next active player.....

So I understand your moan Clamju but seriously think you are misguided here (oh and about a year too late with it!!)

DeletedUser9810

Well said LightyJo,

At first I was upset the world could not continue but remembered eventually that I chose to play this world kowing full well the win condition on this world.

I personally like TW endgame the way it always has been. And I know a lot of players that agree with me on this.

I know these win conditions were put into place to attract newer players but I hope on future worlds that admin will consider their longtime players that like the game the way it is and make some new worlds with these win conditions and some ending the traditional way, Just like they mix up with other world settings (churches, fake limits, etc.)

DeletedUser6695

Good old w8, iron brew was probably the most fun I've had on an acc

DeletedUser8423

Congrats on winning this world, I enjoyed this world playing Purple WKD at the start with JP & Mike. Well done everyone who played till the end

Last edited by a moderator: