Your thoughts?

DeletedUser

A bit tired, sleepy and drunk right niow but idk, just bored

Do you support the attacks on Lybia?

DeletedUser

I personally don't. Other countries supporting armed rebels of your country, who you have legal right to put down doesn't just click well with me.

DeletedUser

I support the attack on Libya, it gives the rebels a fighting chance at least

DeletedUser

I do support it as long as it doesn't last too long. Britain shouldn't get involved - for once.. can we just not take a step back and say "We have our own problems, let someone else sort it out." It's really only us, the US and France involved.. what about Spain, Germany and Italy? They've got the right idea...

Arm the rebels, destroy a few AA guns and then let the situation play out.

DeletedUser

I do support it as long as it doesn't last too long. Britain shouldn't get involved - for once.. can we just not take a step back and say "We have our own problems, let someone else sort it out." It's really only us, the US and France involved.. what about Spain, Germany and Italy? They've got the right idea...

Arm the rebels, destroy a few AA guns and then let the situation play out.

Spain

• Four F-18s and a Boeing 707 refueling plane sent to Italy.
  • Submarine, frigate, surveillance plane deployed.

Italy

• Offered use of seven military bases.
  • Has 10 aircraft available to fly on 15 minutes notice.
  • Aircraft carrier Giuseppe Garibaldi off Sicily

Source

DeletedUser

Italy

• Offered use of seven military bases.
  • Has 10 aircraft available to fly on 15 minutes notice.
  • Aircraft carrier Giuseppe Garibaldi off Sicily

Source

And are ready to witch sides at a moments notice :D

Are Russia and China getting involved? I believe they abstained from voting on the resolution

DeletedUser613

If they rebels had been pushing Gadaffi back Id probably say no but since he seems to be winning I don't think he should be allowed to win just because as soon as one of his jets or gunships flies over, theres not much the rebels can retaliate with.

DeletedUser

And are ready to witch sides at a moments notice :D

Are Russia and China getting involved? I believe they abstained from voting on the resolution
They abstained from voting and Russian's have expressed displeasure at the UN's decision to get involved.

The Chinese I guess just don't care.

DeletedUser

democratic reforms don't help spread the eventual totalitarianism that will be the Ingsoc world in a few decades.

using my senatorial(_cash) veto.

DeletedUser

Send in the SAS to kill Gadaffi

Problem sorted.

Kill several hundreds of civilians while at it, no problem. He has been meatshielded by hundred or more pro-Gadafi supporters in his palace. A very effective way of driving off any bombings or assassins since the PR from that would grill the perpetrator alive.

DeletedUser613

should hire some of dem mercenaries he was hiring to do it

DeletedUser3312

Kill several hundreds of civilians while at it, no problem. He has been meatshielded by hundred or more pro-Gadafi supporters in his palace. A very effective way of driving off any bombings or assassins since the PR from that would grill the perpetrator alive.

lolwut?

I dun think they will send an army of SAS troopers.
Just 1 SAS sniper will do.

He will be assassinated, but it'll be covered up.

DeletedUser3312

Firstly, there was no verification that those troopers were SAS.
Secondly, the aim was to get "captured". They were going for diplomatic talks.
Lastly, Guardian reports exaggerate.

DeletedUser

Firstly, there was no verification that those troopers were SAS.

Neither is there proof that it wasn't SAS troops captured. Can onlly go on what the government and media feed us :D

Secondly, the aim was to get "captured". They were going for diplomatic talks.

I don't think it was quite the plan. They may have wished to meet rebel leaders but I doubt they wished to be captured and become news headlines.

The British Ambassadors telephone conversation asking for their release was brilliant though.. Apparently a special forces group were sent in "to see if there were any hotels"

Here's a bit of it if anyone wants to listen - http://wn.com/Libya_State_TV_releas...e_conversation_with_rebels_about_SAS_in_Libya

DeletedUser

Can I point out to you all - that Gadaffi probably has multiple doubles.

He's had plastic surgery for a reason - because other people can have the same plastic surgery therefore allowing him to have multiple doubles. You can't be sure you've assassinated the real Gadaffi.

DeletedUser

What did Libya ever do to us apart from the obvious or not so obvious?