A thought on coplaying, from InnoGames point of view...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I personally do not care about co-playing or going solo. Im mainly a solo player but due to trying to keep a real life and enjoy the game, I now co-play to allow myself to live. Only advantage is farming, slight more growth. But as others mention, this would be far less effective towards mid game.

I wish I was still learning and not as good as I am now. I aint a pro or anything, but I aint a noob. I enjoyed the game more when I was less talented at TW, I still enjoy it though! :D

To those 'elite' players that require more of a challenge, they need to stop moaning. Want a challenge, go solo. Or co-play with a noob? If all pros played their own accounts, it would allow for more pros playing.

Also there will be less of a challenge when the more elite players team up. An even better way to give yourself a challenge, don't all join together to make one strong tribe.

*cough* Axes! *cough*

Just fight each other :)

DeletedUser

I personally do not care about co-playing or going solo. Im mainly a solo player but due to trying to keep a real life and enjoy the game, I now co-play to allow myself to live. Only advantage is farming, slight more growth. But as others mention, this would be far less effective towards mid game.

I wish I was still learning and not as good as I am now. I aint a pro or anything, but I aint a noob. I enjoyed the game more when I was less talented at TW, I still enjoy it though! :D

To those 'elite' players that require more of a challenge, they need to stop moaning. Want a challenge, go solo. Or co-play with a noob? If all pros played their own accounts, it would allow for more pros playing.

Also there will be less of a challenge when the more elite players team up. An even better way to give yourself a challenge, don't all join together to make one strong tribe.

*cough* Axes! *cough*

Just fight each other :)

So unlike you, were not allowed to have lives so must play solo ?

I also can't see anyone from Axes! saying anything about them wanting more of a challenge :icon_rolleyes: So no idea where you got that rabble from.

DeletedUser

Firstly, Axes! does not have 60 players on 20 accounts, around 40 would be more accurate and that's stretching it as some are only in the chat and no longer play. Secondly, as for HowToLoseAxes not being as high if solo. Probably, but myself I can play the time my coplayers play (yes, we're not 24/7 unless needed). Now why would I want to play ALL of that time, when I could go swimming, spend time with family, fishing, and still be able to enjoy the game. Me and my coplayers can complain together, celebrate together.

I do not care that I'd be able to brag more solo. And honestly, I think that's what it comes down to, bragging rights. Solo players who dislike coplaying, I feel, just want everyone to consider them better. Honestly, that's what I see from most arguments.

DeletedUser1511

Firstly, Axes! does not have 60 players on 20 accounts, around 40 would be more accurate and that's stretching it as some are only in the chat and no longer play. Secondly, as for HowToLoseAxes not being as high if solo. Probably, but myself I can play the time my coplayers play (yes, we're not 24/7 unless needed). Now why would I want to play ALL of that time, when I could go swimming, spend time with family, fishing, and still be able to enjoy the game. Me and my coplayers can complain together, celebrate together.

I do not care that I'd be able to brag more solo. And honestly, I think that's what it comes down to, bragging rights. Solo players who dislike coplaying, I feel, just want everyone to consider them better. Honestly, that's what I see from most arguments.

Truth. It seems to hurt their ego :lol:

DeletedUser

Then you get 60 accounts with lots of players sitting each other when they are offline. Likely the same amount of domination and similar activity, just with more accounts.

There are non-axes accounts, but the players on the accounts aren't as good. It isn't just activity that gives us the high ranks.

Just for the record, I am not suggesting that activity is getting you the high ranks on its own. i respect that you are good players. Simply that the activity is helping. The amount is debateale - as I think i said in my OP the top player might be 800 instead of 1000 without coplaying imo, but this still gives a better chance of another player beating him.

DeletedUser

If the advantage brought on by farming "24/7" is as large as certain players claim it is. The regardless of the number of co-played accounts, the gap between the top accounts and the rest of the world should be smaller than it usualy is no ?

Yes I agree in that situation you would expect the gap between the coplayed accounts and the solo accounts to be smaller. but still sizeable given the other benefits these players get from coplaying. And I also stated that imo they would still be doing well... just not quite as far above the average player...

DeletedUser

Me and my coplayers can complain together, celebrate together.

That's cool, hadn't really looked at it that way. It's a sociable game and I imagine sharing an account with someone must have a certain intimacy - the shared experience etc.

I think most of the dislike is genuine, but you may have a point.

DeletedUser

Coplaying with friends is a lot more fun. I wouldn't play TW without co-ing muh friends so from that point of view innogames would lose PP.

I'm sure there are other's who play the same :?

Im sure there are some that agree with you.
But would more than half of you quit? Because if more than half of you stay then InnoGames is gaining PP...
And one of the points of tribes is the social aspects. Forums and skype allow you to talk with friends, is there much social difference when coplaying than skyping as tribemates?
(genuine question...)

DeletedUser

I also can't see anyone from Axes! saying anything about them wanting more of a challenge :icon_rolleyes: So no idea where you got that rabble from.

The only thing in this thread so far I consider incorrect, rather than someone's differing opinion.
Cold fusion complained about the lack of competition... he is in Axes! right?

DeletedUser

I will be happy to admit Ive over estimated the number of players in Axes. You would know better than me, I was wrong. Any more than 40 (and I believe there are a few with 3 players and less than that many with 1 player), and assuming the suggestion of 50% of you playing solo if it was the only option bar quiting - would mean more PP for Innogames.

I hope that my argument will be considered an exception from the bolded part. I do not believe myself better than you because I solo play. Far form it. Im just trying to have an interesting debaate which from the number of posts I hope Ive achieved.

DeletedUser

The only thing in this thread so far I consider incorrect, rather than someone's differing opinion.
Cold fusion complained about the lack of competition... he is in Axes! right?

So the solution is don't play with your m8s, play solo and fight each other?

Takes away the whole social side,.

Also no he never....fact. He hasn't even posted in this thread, maybe your too caught up in the 'oh noes they better cos they co-play plz plz bann it!' discussions in other threads that you forget what one your actually posting in?

Please go ahead and tell me I'm wrong ?

DeletedUser

He didnt post in this thread. He did complain about lack of competition in another thread.
You seem very arrogant... Im not asking for it to be banned, posing a hypothetical situation of what might happen if it were and asking for opinions. Sharing of ideas and thoughts. Without offending anyone.
Also trying to stop spamming of other threads - if poeple post all thoughts on coplaying here, people that dont want to hear about it can simply ignore this one thread...

As for the social side;
Solo playing would still allow for playing with 19 friends in your tribe and if you have allied tribes more than that.
Also for players that have been lpaying for many worlds and know many of the players well, I wouldnt have thought it a problem to be playing against some of your friends. If you indeed take it as the game it is that wouldnt end a friendship would it? in fact friedly competition between friends can be a lot of fun. I don tthink it will 'take away the whole social side'.

DeletedUser

Oh I agree, solo would seem more practicable from a PP purchasing standpoint to Inno.

DeletedUser

Oh I agree, solo would seem more practicable from a PP purchasing standpoint to Inno.

Which I think was the main point in my OP / thread title lol. :)
Threads tend to develop in certain ways though... seems inpossible to discuss coplaying without some players changing debate to argument.

DeletedUser

Threads tend to develop in certain ways though... seems inpossible to discuss coplaying without some players changing debate to argument.
Someone needs to do a good PnP so we can let of steam in a more productive manner. :)

DeletedUser

He didnt post in this thread. He did complain about lack of competition in another thread.
You seem very arrogant... Im not asking for it to be banned, posing a hypothetical situation of what might happen if it were and asking for opinions. Sharing of ideas and thoughts. Without offending anyone.
Also trying to stop spamming of other threads - if poeple post all thoughts on coplaying here, people that dont want to hear about it can simply ignore this one thread...

As for the social side;
Solo playing would still allow for playing with 19 friends in your tribe and if you have allied tribes more than that.
Also for players that have been lpaying for many worlds and know many of the players well, I wouldnt have thought it a problem to be playing against some of your friends. If you indeed take it as the game it is that wouldnt end a friendship would it? in fact friedly competition between friends can be a lot of fun. I don tthink it will 'take away the whole social side'.

Good for him, why would you relate something he said in anothr thread? Theres nothing in this thread is there? So in-fact , it is you that is wrong.
Arrogant? Not at all, I'm just getting tired of people complaining about co-playing, if you don't like it go play Spanish server n boot off.

You offended me, your post hurt my eyes at how repetitive this co-playing crap is.

Quit whining and play the game? Maybe then you'll not have to come and complain on the forums because there higher ranked than you, and there'd be no need for you to pose 'hypothetical situations'

This is a thread is is far more suited in the 'Suggestions' sections of the forum, post it in a world forum and your bound to get spam whether you like it or not.

19? I want to play with all my TW m8s, not just 19 of them. Why should I suffer because of a few players(seriously like 5%-10% of you) have a problem with people co-playing, you may say you don't but why else would you post this thread?

I never mentioned anything about it ending any friendships :icon_confused: stop pulling comments out from your behind. I don't want to play against them, I want to play with them for me as I'm sure it is them its more fun.

DeletedUser

I am not wrong, I never said it was in this thread.
I moved my reaction to this because a discussion on coplaying would have been spam in the thread he moaned about lack of competition (which as a tribe related thread). I think the mods would have had a problem with this debate happening in that thread.
Im not complaining about coplaying - Im wanting to have a debate on it and discuss the effect its having on w9. With a w9 tribe as an example in the OP.
And that answers why I posted in a world specific forum. Mods can move it if they like, matters not to me.

5-10% because 5-10% coplay and the other 80-90% dont use these forums.
Our reason for posting here doesnt have to be explained to you. And whilst some are against it, it doesnt mean we all are. Im not against it, just wondering how many people might agree with my thoughts on it's effect on competitiveness and PP profits.

Must mean that you think fighting each other would take away the social side. Doesnt take much to take that as fighting each other would stop you being friends and talking on skype etc. Dont see how that is comig out of my behind?

DeletedUser

I'm just getting tired of people complaining about co-playing,

One of the aims of this thread is that the many players like you only have to ignore one thread instead of soe posts in most threads...
Makes perfect sense doesnt it?
People always say if you dont like something dont look/read/listen... hard to do that when it crops up everywhere... easy to do that when its all in one place...

DeletedUser

I am not wrong, I never said it was in this thread.
I moved my reaction to this because a discussion on coplaying would have been spam in the thread he moaned about lack of competition (which as a tribe related thread). I think the mods would have had a problem with this debate happening in that thread.
Im not complaining about coplaying - Im wanting to have a debate on it and discuss the effect its having on w9. With a w9 tribe as an example in the OP.
And that answers why I posted in a world specific forum. Mods can move it if they like, matters not to me.

5-10% because 5-10% coplay and the other 80-90% dont use these forums.
Our reason for posting here doesnt have to be explained to you. And whilst some are against it, it doesnt mean we all are.

Must mean that you think fighting each other would take away the social side. Doesnt take much to take that as fighting each other would stop you being friends and talking on skype etc. Dont see how that is comig out of my behind?

You told me I was wrong as Cf had posted(in another thread) something about less competition or some crap. When in actual fact he hadn't posted anything in this thread, your relating this being said elsewhere to this. So you were wrong.

Course your moaning about it, your posting a hypothetical situation that would be in favor of Inno-games banning co-playing, or making a world where its not allowed.
Whereas I know as already been said a lot of people would not play without co-playing...mostly because they want a life.
You've used our tribe(verbally bashed them because there top and have got co-players playing there accounts on most) and used wrong information on your hypothetical situation so it looks as if your argument is more valid that what it actually is.

No, I said that 5%-10% of people don't like others co-playing, don't change my words about to suit your argument.

Im not against it, just wondering how many people might agree with my thoughts on it's effect on competitiveness and PP profits.

So your against it :icon_confused: You posting a hypothetical situation on it and asking for others to agree with you, is you agreeing with that small majority that you don't think co-playing is fair.

It's coming out of your behind for sure, I never mentioned anything about it having an affect on in-game/skype/rl friendships. You wrote that not me, so you saying that 'it doesn't take much to take that as fighting each other would stop you being friends and talking on skype etc.' It's your words and your opinion, not mine so don't make it out to be mine.

I'm just getting tired of people complaining about co-playing,

One of the aims of this thread is that the many players like you only have to ignore one thread instead of soe posts in most threads...
Makes perfect sense doesnt it?
People always say if you dont like something dont look/read/listen... hard to do that when it crops up everywhere... easy to do that when its all in one place...

Your right it is hard to not look at it, when all that ever happens is people whining about co-playing being not fair, like I said if you don't like it away you go and play the Spanish server.Its turned into something that latley has came up in every thread, ands it's the same people saying the same things over and over and over again. No need for you to make more threads to do with it, just adding to the crap.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think this was a perfectly good thread topic and not unoriginal. Would probably have been better in the general forum, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.