Conquers

• Thread starter DeletedUser5390
  • Start date

DeletedUser

4 weeks ago it was the complete opposite, AFA on front foot, and TC mass barb nobling. Just funny how you didnt post this then :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

4 weeks ago it was the complete opposite, AFA on front foot, and TC mass barb nobling. Just funny how you didnt post this then :icon_wink:

Have to agree with this. WarpedThunder timed this post very strangely. TC done massive internals just before the Attack Break, at the same time as AFA were doing quite well in the war. I remember being told how many barbs were being taken each day by ER and TC, and being genuinely concerned.

Also WarpedThunder your ignoring a lot of factors in this....a vast amount actually.

For one thing size :
TC are over twice the size of AFA. We up until recently were fighting two enemies all around us, that were much larger than us. Now we're fighting a tribe over twice the size of us. Obviously some defensive clustering is going to more prevailant than in TC.

And previously to TC/ER war, we were fighting a much larger enemy too - UNDER.

Anyways, Barb nobling is one facet of a tribe's condition/abilities. It doesn't fully define a tribe at all.

We could talk for hours, and it's been done many times, about the pro's and con's of barb nobling, but at the end of the day, neither of us will change our minds much.

DeletedUser

Barb nobling is for noobs end of, anybody say any different is either thick or doesnt get this game. Bonus vills have their uses however.

My opinion for what its worth!

DeletedUser

Completely disagree with you there on your 3 statements in the first sentence.

DeletedUser7547

AFA have always been the underdog - first against Under, then against both TC and ER, currently against the merged TC and ER.

People leave they get internaled - thats true for all sides.

People take strategic bonus barbs - thats true for all sides.

People take barbs to build a cluster when utterly surrounded by enemies - thats true of AFA, and would be true of all sides if they were surrounded - people under attack by overwhelming forces turtle for a while until they can push the enemy back - it happens on all worlds, and after 16 UK worlds I am surprised people are still confused that it happens and why it happens.

As for posting short duration stats - while they dont lie, they can certainly be framed to state what the poster wants to state - you only have to select a duration that backs your arguement up as needed.

Also, to hark back to ER/TC joint public declaration of war - stats should also include all sides of the war.

The only stats that matter in a war are the ones from the beginning - to the end. This game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Putting the date and time from declaration of war - 20th November 2013, 21:00, and entering all sides of the war...a different picture is painted isnt it!

Side 1:
Tribes: A.F.A, Amaze, LEGION, LEGIO
Side 2:
Tribes: TC, ER
Timeframe: 20/11/2013 21:00:00 to 08/02/2014 12:20:49
Total conquers:
Side 1: 4,560
Side 2: 3,558
Difference: 1,002
chart

Total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 276
Side 2: 319
Difference: 43
chart

Points value of total conquers:
Side 1: 20,293,954
Side 2: 20,433,005
Difference: 139,051
chart

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:
Side 1: 2,163,319
Side 2: 2,207,425
Difference: 44,106
chart

DeletedUser

Maybe because half of ER was being internalled or being sat?

DeletedUser

Easy to make sweeping statements like that since you are in no danger of facts being presented. Although of course there were some sits and internals. No doubt A.F.A does not internal or do long term sits while either internalling or trying to recycle accounts to new players.

Incidentally it was A.F.A who set this war in motion. They knew what would happen and had been planning for it for some time. On a more positive note they were scrupulous about observing the notice period.

DeletedUser10576

It`s just a game .. i see a lot leaving this world from the stats.,Must be the boring settings.!

DeletedUser7321

Nice.

I don't doubt that A.F.A have some good players but, overall, I think that TC's average player quality and leadership is better.

The leadership of A.F.A is over all a strong one i know as was in the tribe, I have never played under TC's dukes so could not coment as to there skill or lack of skill at leading. There is not many noobs on ether side of the war this world will last a few years due to the settings and strong will powers of both sides

DeletedUser4753

Who ever said barb nobling was a complete nooby thing to do is a idiot.

the better the nobled village is the best choice of course, however not nobling any village is the worst choice one can make.

if you noble a barb you get troops churning out but at a reduced rate, if you noble nothing you get.... nothing.
if its a choice between a nice target then ofc better village is a better village, but the choice of barb or squat then barb is a very sensible choice.

in which case, comparing barb/internals vs enemy tribes is a bad way to look at it.

internals whilst must be done dont advance the tribe externaly.

both barbs and enemy tribes do.

best way imo to look at the stats it just look at growth, if one tribe is massivly outgrowing the other or atleast in such a point difference situation outgrowing a tribe relative to size, then eventualy the faster growing tribe will win.

a tribe can have a million conquers against another but if the tribe being nobled per say is still getting larger than the tribe doing the nobling then what do those caps mean, sure one can argue thier are only so many non enemy tribes/barbs but if a tribe is seriously unable to stop another or atleast slow down its pace how much credit can one give it anyway.

DeletedUser

I agree with the player above there is nothing wrong with barb nobling HOWEVER like he stated i also prefer munching the better juicy villages as it helps my growth a lot and troop speed especially with the new flag feature which helps a lot. Personally i don't rate people that do internals don't get me wrong i will do it myself if it means getting me in a good vantage point against an enemy tribe and thats probably the reason you seeing so many internals.

DeletedUser7321

Internals are always going to happen as RL can kick in ie. work, health, family problems, death, ext, ext. You can not call a player for taking there tribe mates villages as all they are doing is helping the tribe to hold on to tribe villages.

Barb nobling is always going to be going on in a church world, I have spoken to members of TC about this in the past and was informed that nobling barbs was band (this my not still be the case) but they where nobling them before hand. A.F.A have never had a ban on barb nobling but at the same time the council have never asked members to noble barbs.

There comes a time in mosts game where they can not be bothered to farm so in my opinion the barbs are then sitting they full of res by nobling them the res will be yours and no dought spent to more troops. (i normally stop farming at 6 vills)

DeletedUser

how the hell do you get enough resources to keep up without farming passed 6 villages? o_O I have just over 30 villages and farm constantly with the farm assist... o_O

DeletedUser7321

No clue i got to over 700k by not farming and was and still am solo on account. When i co-play with people willing to farm we do grow a lot faster than i ever will on longhorn account and only ever finished one world in all me time on tw.

DeletedUser

you only farm up until 6 villages then stop? Good luck with your growth lol.. I'm only 2.7K and only started around 2 weeks ago and I plunder 12000 villages and around 1-2 mill a day on crappy farms.. Shame on you sir!

DeletedUser7321

Nothing wrong with me growth when i have time to play like i said had over 700k points and 96 vills rank 35 and thats with out farming so no luck needed lol

DeletedUser

Nothing wrong with me growth when i have time to play like i said had over 700k points and 96 vills rank 35 and thats with out farming so no luck needed lol

No it's completely luck.. Whilst the other players will be growing an at decent rate around the 10 village margin farming etc. your completely haulting your own growth due to lack of extra resources from barbarian farms around your area... The other players will out grow you in an instant and you will be easy food to those that are actively farming. Basically you was just a survivor on the map that made it and didn't get targeted by the bigger players in your area I'm only guessing you had a good tribe around you to keep you safe otherwise you wouldn't have made it far that's a promise and I spoke nothing but facts.. Anyone that stops farming after 6 villages and is based in the core and survived was due to either all the decent players not joining these world rules or just tribe blocked in the center and others got to intimidated to make a move sorry just my opinion and any decent experienced player would agree with me..

DeletedUser7321

Luck has nothing to do with my game. You do not know me or my stile so don't post thinking you do.

Please get back on topic about conquers.

DeletedUser

Luck has nothing to do with my game. You do not know me or my stile so don't post thinking you do.

Please get back on topic about conquers.

no it does have everything to do with luck.. & Your right I don't know your Correction here.. "Style" but hopefully I'll see it for myself in game if you catch my drift and I haven't played in 4 years and I promise I would out play you in an instant