My Surgery

DeletedUser

I've finally got time and willingness to type more than a few words so...

As some of you know, I had surgery on Friday 13th, 10 days ago. The surgery was to repair my labrum (shoulder), and strengthen the ligaments. Surgery itself, went well, I have 5 anchors in my shoulder and all seems good. I have given anesthetic to deaden my arm for about a day, and a pain block to help keep it numb for around 3 days. And to mention, I was prescribed percoset. The first day was easy, and I had a smirk of "this is easy" on my face...

The next day, feeling slowly came back to my arm, though mostly still numb. Then came the pain, and it sucked. Percosets felt like skittles. Sleeping was horrible, even more so having to sleep in a recliner. But, it finally started easing out around 5 days in.

It's been 10 days, still no movement but nearly no pain. Though, I'm still in a sling for 3 more weeks.

So, that's where I've been and that's how the surgery went. Now, back to sleep.

DeletedUser

That sounds so harsh =S

And I complain about having a brace =/

DeletedUser

I had similar surgery on my leg a few months back. Pain blocks are win.

DeletedUser

Good to hear that your op went well. wish you the best on your recovery Cory.

DeletedUser

Dun worry Cory a come round n gve u a nice massage to help you on your way.........promise I wont go below the waist this time D:

DeletedUser

hmm, best of luck for next few weeks Cory. Glad everything went okay with the op.

DeletedUser4

[tt]OUCH! I can sympathise as i broke my right elbow which is also my dominant hand three weeks ago and its murder as they dont plaster elbows :S IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!! [/tt]

DeletedUser

Thanks!

[tt]OUCH! I can sympathise as i broke my right elbow which is also my dominant hand three weeks ago and its murder as they dont plaster elbows :S IT SUCKS BIG TIME!!! [/tt]

Oh wow, my shoulder is the left one, so not dominant. That would be horrible. I already feel like I can't do anything :p

DeletedUser4

[tt]Put it like this i don't recommend it next time i go to a party Im going to DRINK as i was the only one stone cold sober and also the only one who ended up in hospital![/tt]

DeletedUser

Ha, that's about right. Ya know drunk people are injured less from falls? Sober, you tense up and increase chance of injury.

DeletedUser

I've finally got time and willingness to type more than a few words so...

As some of you know, I had surgery on Friday 13th, 10 days ago. The surgery was to repair my labrum (shoulder), and strengthen the ligaments. Surgery itself, went well, I have 5 anchors in my shoulder and all seems good. I have given anesthetic to deaden my arm for about a day, and a pain block to help keep it numb for around 3 days. And to mention, I was prescribed percoset. The first day was easy, and I had a smirk of "this is easy" on my face...

The next day, feeling slowly came back to my arm, though mostly still numb. Then came the pain, and it sucked. Percosets felt like skittles. Sleeping was horrible, even more so having to sleep in a recliner. But, it finally started easing out around 5 days in.

It's been 10 days, still no movement but nearly no pain. Though, I'm still in a sling for 3 more weeks.

So, that's where I've been and that's how the surgery went. Now, back to sleep.

I wonder... that must of taken you awhile to type this one handed.

Other than that, Friday the 13th strikes again. Hm? HMMM?

DeletedUser

I broke a leg.
Put it in a bike wheel when I was going as fast as I could and went like:
|
\
Above is the diagram of the bone in my shin.