Start Up

DeletedUser

Farming is good, eventually you should aim for thousands of troops but for now try a few hundred of each and build on that for now.

DeletedUser

What do I do if I am up to around 60 LC and I'm still queuing up more LC and building only Farms.

I am finding that I am always down to zero Iron and overflowing Wood and Clay. I have tried upgrading my markets to be able to trade more but it hardly seems to put a dent in it. Should I be building any other units (e.g. Axes, Spears etc) to reduce my Clay and Wood relative to Iron . . . or is that a complete waste?

Also, if I have a player immediately next to me who would make a good farm, not very active, but still has a small defence is it worth clearing them at this stage (i.e. I'm around 550 points) or is it not worth the estimated 5 LC and 20 Spears lost to get another very close farm?

DeletedUser

Get the farm, it's defianetely worth it if it has a high warehouse and is inactive. Build other things like HQ and even resource mines to cancel out the overflowing wood/clay.

DeletedUser

im a good player, it's just im very slow at the start of the race, but hey slow and steady wins the race:icon_cool:

I've found that to be true to be honest. All the great start up playes, do really well in starting up to a world. But once these great start up players reach around 300K even before that, move on. Quit the world, join the new world. While those who aren't so well at starting up in the long run last out the world into the millions... :icon_confused:

DeletedUser2118

I've found that to be true to be honest. All the great start up playes, do really well in starting up to a world. But once these great start up players reach around 300K even before that, move on. Quit the world, join the new world. While those who aren't so well at starting up in the long run last out the world into the millions... :icon_confused:

Yeah, but there are reasonable explanations for this. Mine: At the start "force of will" makes a difference in the rankings, as in, there's a good amount of return for effort. The further into the game you get the worse the returns on this effort get (This is the build order aspect, the farming aspects, the troop focus aspect). In the long run, villages don't matter that aren't finished building, defense villages can almost always pump coins/packages, offense villages just make the same ratio of troops. On the other hand, if in the first place you're not bothering much with farming, just log in at random intervals picking build queue with current resources, and just take what's available to conquer at low risk, the game would get more thrilling the bigger you are. Additionally the consequence there is slow starting. Hence!!! You get the big players who claim they're just slow starters, and the fast growing players who claim that big is boring. [Somewhere insert the problem of fast starters running out of oomph due to extended efforts]

DeletedUser

Many of the skilled start up players do not pay for premium, so they quit when premium becomes needed (Around 300k).

DeletedUser2118

Many of the skilled start up players do not pay for premium, so they quit when premium becomes needed (Around 300k).

I don't believe that one. I've seen players over 1 mil without premium....a nightmare in my eyes. Also among startup players most of the best use premium. It makes things so much faster in startup if you know how to use it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you're used to not have premium it isn't that difficult. I managed to get around 100 villages without Premium, that's when it became too much.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I don't believe that one. I've seen players over 1 mil without premium....a nightmare in my eyes. Also among startup players most of the best use premium. It makes things so much faster in startup if you know how to use it.

Hmm, no credit card tbh, so I never use prem unless I'm co-playing and the other player pays for it. :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Have you ever tried to manage a Non-PA 1mil acc? It drains your time horribly. I do not pay for PA and I'm a fairly skilled start-up player. Although I've made 1.2 mil without PA it's it's hell.

DeletedUser

Hmm, guide looks to be well received by the majority of forum users, maybe I'll give it a try on W3.

DeletedUser

This thread is old :s

It is a good start up that obviously work if you see where Nauzhror is atm in every world he is playing.

DeletedUser

Hmm, guide looks to be well received by the majority of forum users, maybe I'll give it a try on W3.

Warning: This guide may cause a overflowing ego. Proceed with caution. You have been warned.

^^Jokes.

Pony: It may be old but it is handy for new users to start up decently.

Edit: Don't hurt me Nauz!!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Or maybe the skilled start up players happen to be world hoppers, because world hopping means they play a lot more world starts, and so they get mroe practice?

Why hasn't someone mentioned this before :S

DeletedUser14

In actual fact most of the good starters I know do get PA for the short time they join a world as it makes farming so much easier with it:)

DeletedUser

This guide is the most common guide I've seen about the startup, lol. Hate me if someone has commented this before..

DeletedUser

I'll be using it, too... expand on it all the way to end stage for the village? Please?