Night Bonus - How it Works

DeletedUser

Edit: Whoever negatived repped for this saying "This guide was unneeded" you obviously don't understand. In the past 3 days there must have been at least 8 topics regarding night bonus. Now tell me again it wasn't needed.

I have seen a lot of people getting confused on what night bonus really is.

You all know that this is a primarily UK server correct? One of the main reasons for making it was for night bonus. Since the majority of the players here are from the UK it means they all sleep around the same time. Night bonus was introduced so that it doesn't give the advantage to people staying up until 3am. Night bonus turns on at 00:00 server time which is 12:00Am in the UK. It lasts until 8:00 server time which is 8:00Am in the UK. During this time defenders get a special "Bonus" from attackers.

The bonus I mentioned raiser defender's overall defensive ability by 100% and in late game, that turns a nuke into nothing at all. The bonus affects the troops even if they were sent before the night bonus turns on. All that matters is the arrival time. The same goes if you send your troops while night bonus is in effect. As long as they hit while night bonus if off they are fine.

Say Player X sends an attack at 23:00 server time that takes 5 hours to complete. It will hit during the night bonus which means effectively the defense it will hit is doubled.

If another Player B sends an attack at 4:00 server time that takes 6 hours to complete it will not be affected. This is because it will land at 10:00 server time which is after night bonus turns off.

The last thing that could happen is player D sends an attack at 23:00 that takes 12 hours to complete. It passes right over the night bonus so there is no effect whatsoever.

One more misunderstanding I am seeing is how the bonus is calculated. In the help section it says that is raises the defender's power by 100%. If you already didn't know troops fight at 100% power meaning 1 spearman = 1 spearman. Some people may think that this means night bonus does nothing but that is incorrect. Another group of people think that since 100+100=200 that their power is raised by 200% but that is also incorrect.

What this all means is that since it is raised by 100% their overall power is 200%. That means that 10 swordsmen will fight at the power of 20 swordsmen. This is because 200% multiply it by two (200% = 2.0) and 10*2 is 20 swordsmen.

Thank you for taking the time for reading this and for the love of god, stop making threads about it!

A +rep would be nice but not necessary.

-Dolton

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks Dolton, this really cleared up some questions I had myself.

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot. I've never used night bonus before because it isn't active on .net.

Thanks for clearing that up.

DeletedUser

Good evening.
00:00 server time is 23.00 GMT and 08:00 server time is 07.00 GMT.​

DeletedUser

Really?

Last I checked it wasn't.

Or was that during daylight savings time?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
No I mean Uk time compared to GMT

I know in the US GMT time changes from GMT-4 to GMT-5

UK is always GMT. The US ranges from GMT -5 (East Coast) to GMT -2 (West Coast). Alaska and Hawaii are different timezones as well but i don't much care what theirs are ^^

DeletedUser

UK is always GMT. The US ranges from GMT -5 (East Coast) to GMT -2 (West Coast). Alaska and Hawaii are different timezones as well but i don't much care what theirs are ^^

East coast.

What I am saying is Daylight savings time affects GMT weather it is -5 or -4 (East coast)

DeletedUser

Do we really need a full guide explaining that defense is multiplied by 2 when your village turns dark?

DeletedUser

Do we really need a full guide explaining that defense is multiplied by 2 when your village turns dark?

It's just clearing things up for some of the lower calibre of players/those who can't understand english properly.

What's wrong?

DeletedUser

Well since Tracey closed the other Night Bonus thread in the Questions forum, I will ask here.

I read this before and then reread. This says nothing about whether barb villages are affected and I haven't seen the information anywhere else. Anybody?

DeletedUser

So writing a huge bunch of text is supposed to clear it up for people who can't understand english?

I'm pretty sure they can understand math, so just do this.

Night Bonus = (
def.png
+
def_cav.png
+
def_archer.png
)x2