Barb or Player

DeletedUser

First village to noble.
Lets say many other people have nobled a mixture
u are 2k player to noble
what do you do??
Why?

DeletedUser

I always go for a player now (I like prospect of getting some ODA and ODD)
But my first 2 nobles were barbs, just to get a cluster of villages close to each other for quick support.

If this is your first noble, my opion is get a second one very close to your 1st.

I'm sure others will disagree, but thats my opinion

DeletedUser

depends i would go for the village that has an academy, then highest barracks/stables then highest mines

which is normally a player village. however if u can't clear any players then barb

DeletedUser

@I'm Godly

If you can't clear any players, then you are most likely not ready to noble yet. You will need to build up more troops and upgrade the barracks, etc more.

DeletedUser

Always a Player, if I can't clear one with the same or close to my points then I'm just not good enough =)

As to why? They would most likely have the best developed village compared to a Barbarian, and it helps increase my OD.

DeletedUser2765

Depends on the situation to be perfectly honest. I've been in a situation where the best thing for me to noble was a 1k barb because all of my neighbors in my 15x15 were less then 1k, so it made sense. A good rule of thumb is the more points and the less troops the better. General things you look for in a village; high res/hq/rax/stables/smithy, the more of those you have, the better and if it just so happens to be a barb that has the highest levels for those kind of buildings, go for it. They are free afterall.

DeletedUser

Well im new to this game, but I am picking up on things fast, with help ofcourse ;).

I have seen that on w2 there are Bonus villages, now if in your 15x15 there was no one worth while using your expensive noble on then surely it would be logical to noble a bonus village if it was higher points than the rest of the villages in your 15x15. Especially if it was a 33% faster recruitment in barracks or the stable one if you plan on using your second village properly instead of just using it to give resources to your first village.

For normal barbarian villages which will often have a horrible build, I would just wait for the players to grow more, keep scouting to make sure they don't start turtling.

DeletedUser

For normal barbarian villages which will often have a horrible build, I would just wait for the players to grow more, keep scouting to make sure they don't start turtling.

Actually, DON'T scout if you don't want them to turtle. A new player will build a lot more defenceis he is attacked often, even by scouts only. You are on the right track though.

DeletedUser2765

Aye, early on, I pick out the fastest growers in my area (at around 200 points), and never attack them. As people slowly become inactive, I attack them and I keep the 2-3 most active players in my 15x15 area completely untouched.

DeletedUser3050

Never a barb.

The only exception to this, that i've been a part of, is lategame...where your entire area starts getting littered with 10K+ barbarian villages (from players who've quit). The reason to noble those is that your enemy will use them against you (creating "deathstars" or villages packed with support that they build trains in to noble you from a close location).

...the other time to noble a barb is when you're in, or prepping for, war and need to get bases close by them, to noble them (same as prior situation, but in reverse...also in later game).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2765

So carrie, you're saying you would noble a 500 point player before a 2,000 point barbarian village?

DeletedUser2765

Hells no, i'd find a bigger player and cat that little guy down lol

Well what if the closest player with more then 1,500 points was 20 tiles away and the 2,000 point barb was 5 tiles away AND it was a packet world? I only propose this situation because I was in a similiar situation.

DeletedUser

Depends on the situation to be perfectly honest. I've been in a situation where the best thing for me to noble was a 1k barb because all of my neighbors in my 15x15 were less then 1k, so it made sense. A good rule of thumb is the more points and the less troops the better. General things you look for in a village; high res/hq/rax/stables/smithy, the more of those you have, the better and if it just so happens to be a barb that has the highest levels for those kind of buildings, go for it. They are free afterall.

Then you poorly chose when to build your smithy up and get your acd. And even if you do make that mistake there is also the option of wait and see. The only case I would recommend doing that is if you are very far out on the rim, and players just won't develop for you to take. How ever that is far from the normal situation.

With that said, take the best village available. May that be a barb or a player it does not really matter, unless there is a threat to noble you, than just take the best built village, its not something that needs to be over complicated. Now taking a player first and then taking barbs while your army rebiulds could be a strategy that you could use, I know I would use it if I took barbs, but I have this thing against taking blue or barb villages, that is beyond how effective it is the game is for fun.

DeletedUser

I have this thing against taking blue or barb villages, that is beyond how effective it is the game is for fun.

I have empirically tested it, and I found taking yellow villages is actually far worse. :icon_sad:

DeletedUser2765

Then you poorly chose when to build your smithy up and get your acd. And even if you do make that mistake there is also the option of wait and see. The only case I would recommend doing that is if you are very far out on the rim, and players just won't develop for you to take. How ever that is far from the normal situation.

With that said, take the best village available. May that be a barb or a player it does not really matter, unless there is a threat to noble you, than just take the best built village, its not something that needs to be over complicated. Now taking a player first and then taking barbs while your army rebiulds could be a strategy that you could use, I know I would use it if I took barbs, but I have this thing against taking blue or barb villages, that is beyond how effective it is the game is for fun.

I disagree. If the players surrounding you are growing to slowly, then it makes sense to noble rush because you can then build up the villages faster then the players can.

DeletedUser

I have empirically tested it, and I found taking yellow villages is actually far worse. :icon_sad:

What if you have a noble 10 hours out your loyalty is 2 and you have a noble next door:icon_idea: Then nobling yourself is the smartest move :icon_eek:

DeletedUser3050

Well what if the closest player with more then 1,500 points was 20 tiles away and the 2,000 point barb was 5 tiles away AND it was a packet world? I only propose this situation because I was in a similiar situation.

Maybe you should have allowed a target near you to grow? :icon_razz:

I dunno, if barb nobling was the only necessary action then the world probably wouldn't keep my interests that long

DeletedUser2765

Maybe you should have allowed a target near you to grow? :icon_razz:

I dunno, if barb nobling was the only necessary action then the world probably wouldn't keep my interests that long

Read my first post, I always allow the 2-3 most active players in my 15x15 to grow. :p