Barb or Player

DeletedUser

I disagree. If the players surrounding you are growing to slowly, then it makes sense to noble rush because you can then build up the villages faster then the players can.

Out of curiosity how many times have you passed 200k points with a rank of 20 or higher?

DeletedUser

@I'm Godly

If you can't clear any players, then you are most likely not ready to noble yet. You will need to build up more troops and upgrade the barracks, etc more.

true, but i feel it is better to have two villages and build troops rather than one and waiting to get enough troops so u can get that other village

DeletedUser

I'd probably noble the village that has the highest amount of points within a good distance of my first village. Would have to have a decent build to pump out troops with after it's taken.

Who cares if it's a barb imo, as long as it's to your favor amiright?

DeletedUser

i agree with you, however somestimes highest points is not best village

got to look at the make up of the village

DeletedUser2765

Out of curiosity how many times have you passed 200k points with a rank of 20 or higher?

This isn't a debate Kriegselends past thread, this is a debate about nobling a barb or a player, please stay on-topic.

To answer the OPs post;

You take the best village you can get. Whether it be a barb or a player, doesn't really matter. What does matter is how close/far away it is, what the villages build looks like and how much troops its going to cost you to take it.

DeletedUser

This isn't a debate Kriegselends past thread, this is a debate about nobling a barb or a player, please stay on-topic.

To answer the OPs post;

You take the best village you can get. Whether it be a barb or a player, doesn't really matter. What does matter is how close/far away it is, what the villages build looks like and how much troops its going to cost you to take it.
My point was that you didn't realize that 4 people playing 4 village will grow them faster than you growing 4 at the same time. As for distance sure it helps a little, but I have started out by taking 5 villages in a single 15 by 15, farming is mehh most people doent do it right so as lon as you can properly farm the added benefits are mehh, only one player I tend to see utilize those benifits to their fullest and that would be lodda. For the average player its more about creating an effective cluster which would involve getting a closer village. Btw I think my question was valid since this is an opinion thread, I think that where your opinion is formulated from is quite important. If kriegselend's past does not have a history of effective clustering than what would his opinion be based on?

DeletedUser2765

My point was that you didn't realize that 4 people playing 4 village will grow them faster than you growing 4 at the same time. As for distance sure it helps a little, but I have started out by taking 5 villages in a single 15 by 15, farming is mehh most people doent do it right so as lon as you can properly farm the added benefits are mehh, only one player I tend to see utilize those benifits to their fullest and that would be lodda. For the average player its more about creating an effective cluster which would involve getting a closer village. Btw I think my question was valid since this is an opinion thread, I think that where your opinion is formulated from is quite important. If kriegselend's past does not have a history of effective clustering than what would his opinion be based on?
[ke]
wall-o-text much. :p

Yes you're right, in most cases.

However, in w41.net, I had a 4k village and none of my neighbors had a 1k village in my entire 15x15. The closest decent village (2k+) was 14 hours away and it was a package world. Suffice to say, I nobled 2 1k barbs with the best village build. And guess what? I grew those 2 villages faster then anyone else in my 20x20.

It all depends on your area really.[/ke]

DeletedUser1508

Mattcurr (the one), I think some of your arguement is flawed. You say that 4 players grow 4 villages faster than 1 player can grow those vilages, yet on w3 hoang.ngeim nobled a 700ish points barbarian and has already built it up to more points than the rank 50 player has.
By your reasoning, hoang should have waited for someone near him to grow their own village to an acceptable stage before nobling it. Yet any other village he nobled now would have about 400-500 points less than the barb he nobled currently has.

And just had to put this in too...
is UK3 a growing barb world?

Look for yourself, your royal laziness.

DeletedUser

Mattcurr (the one), I think some of your arguement is flawed. You say that 4 players grow 4 villages faster than 1 player can grow those vilages, yet on w3 hoang.ngeim nobled a 700ish points barbarian and has already built it up to more points than the rank 50 player has.
By your reasoning, hoang should have waited for someone near him to grow their own village to an acceptable stage before nobling it. Yet any other village he nobled now would have about 400-500 points less than the barb he nobled currently has.

And just had to put this in too...

Look for yourself, your royal laziness.

Hoang happened to have had a good target near him, he also happens to be an elite farmer, I would not tell the average player to follow his strategies, merely because the average player cannot pull it off, otherwise hoang would not be number one in the world:icon_idea: And with that said, nobling has just begun in that world, lets see if he can keep that rank when Thomas the tank engine and purple predator begin to noble...

DeletedUser2765

[ke]His ability to keep his rank is not the point mattcurr. The point is that it was far more effective for hoang to noble that barb rather then sit around and wait for players to grow their villages at an incredibly slow rate.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]His ability to keep his rank is not the point mattcurr. The point is that it was far more effective for hoang to noble that barb rather then sit around and wait for players to grow their villages at an incredibly slow rate.[/ke]
The village was not growing at a horribly slow rate, it was in fact ranked around 40 if I am not mistaken

DeletedUser2765

The village was not growing at a horribly slow rate, it was in fact ranked around 40 if I am not mistaken

Mattcurr (the one), I think some of your arguement is flawed. You say that 4 players grow 4 villages faster than 1 player can grow those vilages, yet on w3 hoang.ngeim nobled a 700ish points barbarian

[ke]Correct me if I'm wrong, but barbarians don't grow past 500 points. So regardless of what the village was ranked, it wasn't growing anymore.[/ke]

DeletedUser

You are both wrong. :lol:

The barb was actually a player he had to clear, and thats why it was above 500 points. Simply the player restarted before he got rimmed.

DeletedUser2765

You are both wrong. :lol:

The barb was actually a player he had to clear, and thats why it was above 500 points. Simply the player restarted before he got rimmed.

[ke]Never would've thought of that. :\

It doesn't matter though, if the player was only 700 ish points when haong was ready to noble, it wasn't growing fast enough imo. And I highly doubt it was ranked 40.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]Never would've thought of that. :\

It doesn't matter though, if the player was only 700 ish points when haong was ready to noble, it wasn't growing fast enough imo. And I highly doubt it was ranked 40.[/ke]
Perhaps that is because you are not following the world Haong was 2200 points when he had a noble.... Rank 20 was around 1100 points or so at that time.

DeletedUser2765

[ke]It was less then 1/3rd his size, pretty slow growing imo, since that would mean that when haong was at 3k points, his village would've been less then 1k.[/ke]

DeletedUser2765

[ke]You're right, my bad, haong would've been atleast 3,500 points when he wasn't even 1,000, simply because you grow faster the bigger you get.[/ke]

DeletedUser

[ke]You're right, my bad, haong would've been atleast 3,500 points when he wasn't even 1,000, simply because you grow faster the bigger you get.[/ke]

http://uk.twstats.com/uk3/index.php?page=player&id=140972&mode=history

Rank 30-50 player durring those times

http://uk.twstats.com/uk3/index.php?page=player&id=229607&mode=history

The fastest growing village in the world, ie faster than haong, mind you the rank 30-50 player is 1300 points when he hits 3k and he hits 3k before haong, also mind the fact that it is not linear like that, no need to be a smart ass KV a lot of players pick up speed, in fact some players that were barely in the top hundred at that time are now in the top 20. The fact that you are arguing that imo your not this bad at the game so you must merely be doing it to argue.

Time and time again it has shown that noble rushing is not the fastest way to expand, if you feel like arguing otherwise go ahead it is well within your right, however you can sit here and mention things all day the empirical data is that people who do not noble rush always end up on top; the only person that I can think of that has ever retained number one and nobled rushed was hoagn and the exception is not the rule. So if you if you really feel the need to argue go ahead and argue with yourself because I am done with this.

Last edited by a moderator: