Top 20 Tribes Opinions! <3

DeletedUser

Good evening Uncle T, I hear Jungle suffered it's Viet Nam and you had to recall your generals? That's Jungle warfare for you!

On the topic of mass recruitment, I would argue that jumping from 15 to 33 players is mass recruitment. Sure, you are here to do a number and deflect some of that well earn't criticism being levelled at the Jungle Huggerz and maybe insist it was a merge? I don't see much evidence of a merge though do you? I mean the tribe profile hasn't changed and the name is still the same right?

merge
1. to cause to combine or coalesce; unite. 2. to combine, blend, or unite gradually so as to blur the individuality or individual identity of: They voted to merge the two branch offices into a single unit.

I can only assume then that since Jungle swelled from 15 to 33 in less than 24 hours and certainly no longer than 36 (ref:Jack In The Green Letter), this was mass recruitment. Sorry Uncle T but I must again call shotgun on the argument being put forward by one or two that this was a merger. You see the Jack tribe did not cease to exist when the alleged merger took place therefore two entities remained, they did not unite into one tribe.

The Jungle Huggerz mass recruited, leaving the other - a delapidated Jack with it's lower order still in place.

Therefore I conclude there was no merger of tribes this was clearly mass recruitment!

Have a good evening.

Hrrrm... No?

The term you use is purely aesthetic, and quite frankly we don't care a great deal how you try and spin it Doctor Fogg. It happened, and no amount of hissing and spitting is going to change that. Jack was well aware of how things were going to happen, and they were perfectly okay with it. Call us mass-recruiters all you want, but until you grow a pair and stop hiding behind your cute little alias your opinion will amount to zilch.

DeletedUser6168

Good evening Uncle T, I hear Jungle suffered it's Viet Nam and you had to recall your generals? That's Jungle warfare for you!

On the topic of mass recruitment, I would argue that jumping from 15 to 33 players is mass recruitment. Sure, you are here to do a number and deflect some of that well earn't criticism being levelled at the Jungle Huggerz and maybe insist it was a merge? I don't see much evidence of a merge though do you? I mean the tribe profile hasn't changed and the name is still the same right?

merge
1. to cause to combine or coalesce; unite. 2. to combine, blend, or unite gradually so as to blur the individuality or individual identity of: They voted to merge the two branch offices into a single unit.

I can only assume then that since Jungle swelled from 15 to 33 in less than 24 hours and certainly no longer than 36 (ref:Jack In The Green Letter), this was mass recruitment. Sorry Uncle T but I must again call shotgun on the argument being put forward by one or two that this was a merger. You see the Jack tribe did not cease to exist when the alleged merger took place therefore two entities remained, they did not unite into one tribe.

The Jungle Huggerz mass recruited, leaving the other - a delapidated Jack with it's lower order still in place.

Therefore I conclude there was no merger of tribes this was clearly mass recruitment!

Have a good evening.

there was much disagreement of the merge so some jack members voted to stay behind.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Hoang was taken out and alot of Nukes were removed attacking each other..Only Ra and Rumble members know the true extent of the battle.

Indeed. Very large scuffle for that stage of the world. Hoang left backpack, Muldeh, and lardingd all practically troopless and dealt a decent bit of damage to Reduaram as well. Hoang had no chance being surrounded by Ra, but he did as well as could be expected for anyone to do in his position.

DeletedUser5941

Jack was well aware of how things were going to happen, and they were perfectly okay with it. .

Hrrrm... No?
I think you'll find that a few select members of JACK were aware of how things were going to happen and the rest were NOT okay with it. This excerpt from Jack in the Greens mail proves that;

Guys,
This is really difficult to write, but here it is. Roughly speaking the top half of Jack will be mering into Jungle during the next 36 hours.

If you are on the merge list, you will already have received a mail telling you about it. If you haven't received that mail, I'm afraid you will not be receiving an invite.

Come on discord you used to be all about the facts now it seems you are only interested in hear say.
I am very disappointed =(

DeletedUser6168

i was very against the merge, it was one of the reasons i stopped playing w3, but i do have to be honest i do have a lot in RL so it was only part of my reason for quitting although had it not been an issue i may have stayed on a bit longer.

as co-duke i can not let people go thinking that it was a unanimous decision or really even a welcome one, i believe that green made the decision based on the fact that myself and others had ether quit playing or were going to be quitting shortly due to RL issues.

green has RL issues as well and remaining duke of jack was more than he was willing to handle without support so it was most likely the best decision for him, as for the rest of jack, not so much.

shana for one did not go to jungle and she was one of the jack members that was ether invited or on the list to be invited the same applied to me, although i had quit before the merge actually took place.

had the merge not taken place i don't know what the relationship with jungle would have been like, but speaking for myself i wasn't worried about it because i didn't feel that jungle was a real threat.

green is a friend and i do not fault him for is decision to join jungle as my feeling against the merge were based more on not wanting to leave the tribe that i had helped to founder than not liking jungle, but from what i know i didn't think i would care for the way jungle was run as well as i had encountered what i feel to be "bloated egos" something i just can't and won't tolerate.

in fairness to jungle my dealings with them was minimal and mostly second hand.

DeletedUser5542

while i love teasing Juggle as much as the next kitten (and throwing bones for certain people to chase after) I don't think the charge of mass recruitment can seriously be thrown against them.

Now I know some of the cool kids like to get out their dictionaries as this point but i'm afraid i left it in my locker. However to me mass recruitment is where you invite a ton of people without knowing anything about them. What Juggle did was to merge with a portion of Jack.

In circumstances like this I don't think a new tribe identity needs to be made, especially if the barons and council remains the same as it was before. Sure Juggle might want to change their name (as they havn't had a new name for a good week) but they don't need to just to prove their not mass recruiters.

I enjoy the exchanges I get to have with Juggle but really some of the post regarding them just seem to be arguments for arguments sake without having an argument that's going to convince anyone but the most biased observer.

DeletedUser4817

For clarity, I as duke of Jack discussed at massive, interminable length, a merger with with Jungle dukes. FWIW, and not terribly relevant, both in my discussions with Jungle and my discussions with Jack members, we used the term merger all the way through.

The discussion within Jack was kept within about half the tribe. We wanted to avoid being part of the rumour mill and knew we had a couple of spies in the lower echelons of the tribe. We did succeed in keeping the merge secret, which was an achievement.

Jack was an odd beast, as has been noted here on several occasions. While there were a bunch of good/great/active players, there was another bunch who were great guys and fun to be around but were either not active or did not have enough understanding of the game to be considered for a merge with a tribe of Jungle's quality.

FWIW, I feel I let down the smaller guys in Jack. At one point I hoped we could get them into Dynis but they filled up. Then there was a possibility with Zoo, a training tribe, but that fell through. In the end, I failed to find them a home.

Again, for clarity, with the exceptions of Jack of Shana, Jack Par, and Jack Sprat, those who stayed behind in Jack only knew of the merge as it started to happen. I am split as to whether it would have been sensible to try to involve them or not in the discussions. Morally yes, practically no.

It would be no surprise to me if they felt bitter towards me. OTOH, I think they are unlikely ever to read these forums.

The Jack trusted members voted 2 times on the Jungle merger, both times with significant majorities. There was significant, and vociferous opposition from 2/3 people - Par and Shana primarily. (Hi Jack!).

The motivations for the merge? My personal one was increasingly that I wasn't able/willing to duke the tribe and nor was anyone else. There was also the massive and obvious strategic benefits. Once we have finished with Dynis, the expanded Jungle rules the East/North-east pretty much unchallenged.

Meh. This became long and self-justifying. Oh well.

Edit: I'm glad to see good team players from Jack have joined with some from Dynis to make Se. Don't underestimate them. (There, that makes it a top 20 opinion:) ).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I grow tired of this eternal argument of semantics over equivocal "data" that is misinterpreted with the intent to mislead. If you have something intelligible to prove, do so in-game Angrychef. Oh wait, you can't...

Side 1:
Tribes: SPQR
Players:

Side 2:
Tribes: Jungle
Players:

Timeframe: Last month(I don't feel like finding the exact times)

Total conquers:

Side 1: 319
Side 2: 397
Difference: 78

image.php

Total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 1
Side 2: 7
Difference: 6

image.php

Points value of total conquers:

Side 1: 2,021,160
Side 2: 2,933,814
Difference: 912,654

image.php

Points value of total conquers against opposite side:

Side 1: 2,838
Side 2: 48,692
Difference: 45,854

image.php

You sir, are a joke meant not to be taken seriously (by your own admission). Therefore take you seriously I will not.

Discord hereby disrespectfully refuses to respond to anymore pointed statements from arrogant and/or ignorant "players" (I use that term very loosely for several of you) who are entirely oblivious to what actually happens before their eyes.
Clearly no matter how many facts are thrown in your faces you'll remain the invariably ignorant bigots you are now. And if you really feel the need to report that as an insult, try looking up what all those words mean. I know it may be a challenge, but I'm sure you'll be up to the task. You are after all so intent to try looking up plausible evidence in an attempt to make Jungle look bad. Looking up a few words in a dictionary ought to be a walk in the park.

DeletedUser6168

For clarity, I as duke of Jack discussed at massive, interminable length, a merger with with Jungle dukes. FWIW, and not terribly relevant, both in my discussions with Jungle and my discussions with Jack members, we used the term merger all the way through.

The discussion within Jack was kept within about half the tribe. We wanted to avoid being part of the rumour mill and knew we had a couple of spies in the lower echelons of the tribe. We did succeed in keeping the merge secret, which was an achievement.

Jack was an odd beast, as has been noted here on several occasions. While there were a bunch of good/great/active players, there was another bunch who were great guys and fun to be around but were either not active or did not have enough understanding of the game to be considered for a merge with a tribe of Jungle's quality.

FWIW, I feel I let down the smaller guys in Jack. At one point I hoped we could get them into Dynis but they filled up. Then there was a possibility with Zoo, a training tribe, but that fell through. In the end, I failed to find them a home.

Again, for clarity, with the exceptions of Jack of Shana, Jack Par, and Jack Sprat, those who stayed behind in Jack only knew of the merge as it started to happen. I am split as to whether it would have been sensible to try to involve them or not in the discussions. Morally yes, practically no.

It would be no surprise to me if they felt bitter towards me. OTOH, I think they are unlikely ever to read these forums.

The Jack trusted members voted 2 times on the Jungle merger, both times with significant majorities. There was significant, and vociferous opposition from 2/3 people - Par and Shana primarily. (Hi Jack!).

The motivations for the merge? My personal one was increasingly that I wasn't able/willing to duke the tribe and nor was anyone else. There was also the massive and obvious strategic benefits. Once we have finished with Dynis, the expanded Jungle rules the East/North-east pretty much unchallenged.

Meh. This became long and self-justifying. Oh well.

Edit: I'm glad to see good team players from Jack have joined with some from Dynis to make Se. Don't underestimate them. (There, that makes it a top 20 opinion:) ).

i hope my post didn't sound bitter, although it may have, a little, as i just didn't want to see jack die, but the truth is i was leaving anyway.

green, i know you struggled with the merge issue and shana and i didn't make it any easier sorry for that.

i wanted to express that the merge with jungle was not an easy thing to do and that it wasn't a "hugz" situation.

DeletedUser

It shouldn't have happened though guys! Jack were a frightening prospect to many a tribe in this world. Purely down to the plucky, have a go attitude! Which many a tribe in this world lack!

And of all the tribes to ''merge'' into eh? Just more ammo for the haters! BRING BACK JACK!!!

DeletedUser6194

To discord;
try looking up what all those words mean.
- you dare call people arrogant - you are the most arrogant poster on the forums, and frankly not half as clever as you think you are.

It takes a fair bit to rile me enough to post anything on the forums, but your bloated ego is provocation enough.

DeletedUser

anyone actualy going to post the top 20 tribe w/ their opinions or are we going to s****** and rage at a tribe called jack all week?

why did it star S N I G G E R? lolz

Nauzhror

Reaction score
To discord; - you dare call people arrogant - you are the most arrogant poster on the forums, and frankly not half as clever as you think you are.

It takes a fair bit to rile me enough to post anything on the forums, but your bloated ego is provocation enough.

In the future I'd appreciate it if you didn't give other people my titles without my permission. Discord.'s ego wishes it was as large as mine so that it had enough gravitational pull to have a moon like mine does, alas, it doesn't.

DeletedUser

Okay to start

merge

Have a good evening.

That is the biggest and perhaps wrongest guess I have ever seen in my life. (You cannot call me biased I didn't even go with them!)

I was against the merge and I admit I am sad that Jack has lost its greatness. In any case I feel in some ways the merge with Jungle might of been a good idea since we were starting to lose a vast number of players due to rl reasons.

Anyways I wish all of my ex-Jack friends good luck in the future :)

DeletedUser5941

Discord hereby disrespectfully refuses to respond to anymore pointed statements from arrogant and/or ignorant "players"

best not respond to anything you've written yourself then :icon_wink:

oh and discord lets have a look at some other stats shall we?

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: 7
Side 2: 8
Difference: 1

image.php

Side 1: 33,452
Side 2: 54,842
Difference: 21,390

image.php

ok ok so your 1 up on us but they're hardly worth while stats are they? 15 villages exchanged in total isnt exactly a fantastic marker is it?

Any way back on topic best give at least a top 5 tribes review!

Kama - Been top for too long now to have any doubters that these guys are the best on this world. I feel i recognise a few names from W34.net (dead4head) and they were amongst the best there too so they certainly have pedigree.

Jungle - Well what can i say? They onviously have some good players although the quality is nowhere near as in depth as Kama's. Still they have recruited well (in most cases at least) and they are deserving of their number 2 spot. Still a long way to go before they are any sort of challenge for number 1 though

Egg - I like these guys, they have a good mix of players. But they are yet to be seriously tested so i'll wait to pass judgement on their over all abilities just yet.

SPQR - My tribe. I think a lot of people had written us off when MH declared but we made short work of them. Fantastic group of people that keep it about the fun more than anything.The team work in SPQR is amongst the best i have ever experienced.

Ui - from what i can tell they are a solid group of players but as i have had next to no contact with these guys i cant really say much more than that! Will be top 5 for a good while i would think.

DeletedUser

Kama - Been top for too long now to have any doubters that these guys are the best on this world. I feel i recognise a few names from W34.net (dead4head) and they were amongst the best there too so they certainly have pedigree.

Jungle - Well what can i say? They onviously have some good players although the quality is nowhere near as in depth as Kama's. Still they have recruited well (in most cases at least) and they are deserving of their number 2 spot. Still a long way to go before they are any sort of challenge for number 1 though

Egg - I like these guys, they have a good mix of players. But they are yet to be seriously tested so i'll wait to pass judgement on their over all abilities just yet.

SPQR - My tribe. I think a lot of people had written us off when MH declared but we made short work of them. Fantastic group of people that keep it about the fun more than anything.The team work in SPQR is amongst the best i have ever experienced.

Ui - from what i can tell they are a solid group of players but as i have had next to no contact with these guys i cant really say much more than that! Will be top 5 for a good while i would think.

Hmmm. That just proves Discord's attempt to mislead doesn't it. He really should not have written the peice on propaganda and propaganderizing. I couldn't help fall about with laughter when I read it earlier, although it's useful to know how Discords mind works, it's very embarrassing to see him try to apply such mechanics to his postings.

I may have to start quoting a few of the tips.

1 - Kama, still the kings, and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

2 - Jungle, the coalition of broken tribes. What more can one say? Can't really say they have form except for mass recruiting.

3 - Egg, still in a tight spot but not to be underestimated.

4 - SPQR, ah, my tribe <smirk>, yes it's true I am still awaiting my honourary invitation having been accused of being one of them! This tribe needs to be careful, Jungle may try to recruit, as Discord says, he prefers to avoid open conflict, but is well versed in commenting on "little" wars of other tribes.

5 - ui: I like this tribe, good player averages and similar structure to the previous Jungle (before it became a coalition). The players are not arrogant or rude either.

DeletedUser

best not respond to anything you've written yourself then :icon_wink:

oh and discord lets have a look at some other stats shall we?

Side 1:
Players:

Side 2:
Players:

Timeframe: Forever

Side 1: 7
Side 2: 8
Difference: 1

image.php

Side 1: 33,452
Side 2: 54,842
Difference: 21,390

image.php

ok ok so your 1 up on us but they're hardly worth while stats are they? 15 villages exchanged in total isnt exactly a fantastic marker is it?

Any way back on topic best give at least a top 5 tribes review!

It would be pretty ridiculous if he responded to anything he said anyway, but I see what you're trying to say. :lol:

However, I think it's good that your mature to leave aside any personal feelings you may have towards Jungle unlike our dear Foggy down there. Jealousy has profound effects it would appear. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

1 - Kama, still the kings, and I don't see anything changing anytime soon.

2 - Jungle, the coalition of broken tribes. What more can one say? Can't really say they have form except for mass recruiting.

3 - Egg, still in a tight spot but not to be underestimated.

4 - SPQR, ah, my tribe <smirk>, yes it's true I am still awaiting my honourary invitation having been accused of being one of them! This tribe needs to be careful, Jungle may try to recruit, as Discord says, he prefers to avoid open conflict, but is well versed in commenting on "little" wars of other tribes.

5 - ui: I like this tribe, good player averages and similar structure to the previous Jungle (before it became a coalition). The players are not arrogant or rude either.

I do agree with most of this,

ui, in my honest opinion, are going to have a few K's under their belts before anyone can stop them! And when the time comes for someone to try, I don't think they will....... I see an ending with kama and ui in a ying-yang style layout. I will stay around (probably on the rim, lol) to watch that one pan out.

I think the flak at jungle has more to do with the lack of a genuine test of their metal! To be considered an elite tribe, there has to be some sort of domination of your position! Kama, dominate k after k! You share (I do use the term loosely, lol) your k's with other decent tribes! You recruited yourselves K46, and you have to admit that to be wrong from a tribe of your caliber.

Recruiting is not against the rules but the 'shitty' nature of the last wave of such was incredibly damaging to most of the world's morale! If this was the idea, a round of applause is in order! Even though I disagree with it.

However I don't believe it was! I think you all want to put SPQR in a panic. They are your biggest threat as they have a grudge. Simple as that. This merge, rightly or wrongly has a hell of a lot to do with intimidation of your rival????? Correct? I would have thought so, it's what I would have done Discord.

I have a request instead. Do what you should have done a while ago, duff egg up!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! They do not deserve their position in this world, what was the last interesting thing they did apart from spy MH to death!? I will eat my words on this one if egg prove theirselves and stop you from growing around them like ivy on a fence!

My guess? The attacks start coming and EGG will cry wolf!

I know it's a long post, but thanks for reading :)

Passe

DeletedUser

I do agree with most of this,

ui, in my honest opinion, are going to have a few K's under their belts before anyone can stop them! And when the time comes for someone to try, I don't think they will....... I see an ending with kama and ui in a ying-yang style layout. I will stay around (probably on the rim, lol) to watch that one pan out.

I think the flak at jungle has more to do with the lack of a genuine test of their metal! To be considered an elite tribe, there has to be some sort of domination of your position! Kama, dominate k after k! You share (I do use the term loosely, lol) your k's with other decent tribes! You recruited yourselves K46, and you have to admit that to be wrong from a tribe of your caliber.

Recruiting is not against the rules but the 'shitty' nature of the last wave of such was incredibly damaging to most of the world's morale! If this was the idea, a round of applause is in order! Even though I disagree with it.

However I don't believe it was! I think you all want to put SPQR in a panic. They are your biggest threat as they have a grudge. Simple as that. This merge, rightly or wrongly has a hell of a lot to do with intimidation of your rival????? Correct? I would have thought so, it's what I would have done Discord.

I have a request instead. Do what you should have done a while ago, duff egg up!!! PLEASE!!!!!!! They do not deserve their position in this world, what was the last interesting thing they did apart from spy MH to death!? I will eat my words on this one if egg prove theirselves and stop you from growing around them like ivy on a fence!

My guess? The attacks start coming and EGG will cry wolf!

I know it's a long post, but thanks for reading :)

Passe

Without having an argument, I don't understand your points.

For starters, I don't see a differentiate between dominating a K and dominating an area. Kama started in the core, we started in the rim of the core. Just because there is a little white-box drawn around a "continent" it doesn't mean that you have had to fight any more or less for it.

Secondly, I'd agree with you about Jungle not exactly been tested, but in my opinion, no tribe has been tested yet. Each tribe have had their scuffs, some of which were a fair time ago in different circumstances. Have SPQR been tested? IMO? No. MH we're never that good and if you think defeating MH is the benchmark for skill then it's very, very poor parameters of skill.

As for the recruitment; Whether people like to accept it or not, it's in part jealousy and fear. People don't like the fact that Jungle can work as a small unit and in fear at the prospect of them growing. I think I know what my intention had always been and I'll gladly tell you my intention, if people actually care to listen:

I'd intended Ouch!/Jungle to be a small, core of reliable players that would enter the world and recruit from there. Why? I wasn't going to aim to recruit 40 members, join a world expecting everything to fall into place and win the world, hey presto, No. I know people leave premades, more so than normal tribes. It's much more logical, and fun, to go in with a reliable core and recruit from there. I certainly didn't expect things to take this route but I guess I didn't really know how things happen.

Anyway, back to my point. Why do people have a problem with Jungle recruiting? Jealousy and fear. People saw us as the small unit that could maybe get stuff done but never could achieve as big a clout as that of a tribe with more than 15 members. People don't like the fact that over night, Jungle is essentially much stronger. Egg recruited more members than us but still, no whining?

Anyone who says that Jungle is a mass-recruiting, merge-whoring, cuddly tribe either has an agenda or is simply an idiot (Kriegy, I haven't called anyone an idiot yet, save the ban-hammer foar naow :lol:). Members of Jungle aren't here to sit at the corner of a world and just sit there and get fat, and if you don't believe me, hopefully they will prove you wrong.