Roch2001: Farming Video Tutorial using Premium Account Features

DeletedUser1189

There's lots of guides you can read on farming, but for people like myself I find it much easier to understand a system by seeing it in operation. This vid is quite long at 30 mins but I kept tagging bits on the end as people kept telling me there was faster ways to do it.

So this is a tutorial of how I farm to make my coins and the way I do it. You will have to listen to me self indulgently waffle on for a while though :)

If you don't farm, you don't survive :icon_twisted: It takes so little time as well hopefully this guide will help show you that farming does not require hours and hours of time to do.

http://tw.srochelle.co.uk/Farm.html

DeletedUser

Have seen it before on .net and in CHE!!!,

I repped you :3

Nice :p

DeletedUser4342

oo nvr seen that b4,been doing a same sort of thing but only just realised that is hell of alot faster,adding them in groups..

DeletedUser5184

That is a very good video and the explanation was simple and very easy to understand. Its very good to see players like yourself willing to share this kind of knowledge with people.

DeletedUser1189

Cheers. Someone asked me once why I made it public rather than just keeping the how to for myself or just show to tribe members. If I was to do that, I would be no different from those who use scripts to give an advantage over those who do not use them. Especially rife on the .net game where a much larger range of scripts is allowed and you can often find that unless you know a script writer or within a tribe where you have experineced people who can help you learn how to use them and incoporate them into your game and pass on the latest and best scripts your at a disadvanatge from the start playing against them.

I made the guide for a few reasons, but in esscence I wanted to show that it takes very little time to farm mass scale, without the need for scripts. I also wanted to share it with the community and make it available for everyone to view and see how easy it is to farm to hopefully increase the standard of players I get to fight in the worlds I play. Without farming you cannot grow. Say only I knew how too bookmark farm (hypothetical of course) and I didnt tell anyone else. What would be the point in playing the world. I would have such a massive advantage in resources generated that there would be no one who could compete at my level. Game would quickly become dull and boring as I used an advanced farming system to sweep away the competition and continually accelerate my growth leaving all others standing in my wake. Sounds like a dull game with no challenge.

I play the game for the challenge and the fun. And btw, I still need to get your back for stealing my 1st to 5m oda land mark. I thought I had that one in the bag :p Bah.

DeletedUser5184

Yes after our chat i agree with you to an extend and understand your reasons, but personally if i found a great way to farm and i was pretty sure most people didnt know about it or didnt know how to use the system then i wouldent reveal except for close friends and Tribemates. Proberbly just my competitive edge and me always wanting to win.

Yeah beating you too the 5mill ODA was very enjoyable. But I think you will end up snatching the next milestone lol :)

DeletedUser

How did you save the link straight to the confirm attack page?

DeletedUser

really well put together roch, and good to see that as things went along you were still learning and sharing
+rep

DeletedUser

great stuff Roch, very informative.

I have one question tho, I open report, click 'attack with same troops again' and then the next screen I save as bookmark. So then when I open bookmarks all I have to do is press 'ok', just like it shows. BUT, when I open the bookmarks, they open as the report where I have to go through two phases to send troops. Anyone got any ideas why it does this?

Im on a mac, using Safari and Opera, both have same problem.

+rep

DeletedUser

great stuff Roch, very informative.

I have one question tho, I open report, click 'attack with same troops again' and then the next screen I save as bookmark. So then when I open bookmarks all I have to do is press 'ok', just like it shows. BUT, when I open the bookmarks, they open as the report where I have to go through two phases to send troops. Anyone got any ideas why it does this?

Im on a mac, using Safari and Opera, both have same problem.

+rep

There's your problem. On the actual report you need to Right-Click the 'Attack again with the same troops' option and then click the 'Bookmark this Link' option from the drop down menu. If your mouse is set differently or Mac uses a different mouse style, use the opposite side of the button you click to open the link (left instead of right).

DeletedUser

Showed to me by a mate Roch, very good guide, thanks so much for it!
I'm using this constantly now, great guide, just a bit dull and boring...

DeletedUser1189

Dull and boring? I prefer to call it self indulgently long winded. Last ten minutes is book mark farming which is what I'm using now, first 20 mins is me ranting about farming and most likely anything else which comes to mind :icon_razz:

DeletedUser

Yeah, that first bit is what bored me :p

I don't think I got to the bookmark bit, I must have fallen asleep = )

DeletedUser1189

Hehe, yeah, when I first decided to make the guide I had a good system going for farming as much as possible around me, but as I made each part and showed it too people they said well thats nice, but why don't you do it this way. So I had to keep adding bits :) All of it has self indulgent waffle in it thought :)

DeletedUser8010

It was abit long, maybe shorten it a little? Other then that it was gooood tho :D

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Never saw the video, but I've really got to wonder about whether someone whose startup consists of hitting 2,000 points in about the same amount of time it takes me to hit 10,000 should really be teaching people ro farm rather than being taught to farm.