What would be everyones greatest war of wars with tribes past and present? tribes from the UK server

DeletedUser

If I recall correctly, KnK did well on UK1 despite being much smaller? That's what I've been taught to believe, at least.

DeletedUser

If I recall correctly, KnK did well on UK1 despite being much smaller? That's what I've been taught to believe, at least.

W1N crushed KnK. They did not do well.

*waits for DubbytheMule to begin a tirade*

DeletedUser6695

Hahahaha... even if the whole of =FATE= targetted my account, a bit of teamwork from the 3 other council members would've stopped you all... you won by default. :)

Pfft, you quit when you got near me darling<3

Pushty tbh I have no idea about them on w1

DeletedUser7210

What would be evryones greatest war of wars with tribes past and present? tribes from the UK server

I think one of the most interesting wars was the +pest-/hybrid war. This was due to the timing of the world still evolving around us, while +PEST- was on a three fold war front. Hybrid was three times the size and in the end could still not hold their own until many tail between their legs and cap in hand joined the 'inferior' tribe. The war itself had much discussion on the externals and again for the time in the world was captivating. I admit to being biased as +PEST- was the best tribe i have been in for commoradrie and team spirit. I am not saying either of us had the best players or were the best tribes but i feel we had the war of wars at that stage in the game

DeletedUser6603

Yet you still can't deny its true.

Where did I say I agreed with you?

Its so boring hearing the same thing over and over again. 'You are only top because such and such quit', or 'you got lucky', or 'theres no competition on your world'.

You do not know what we as a tribe are capable of, yet here you are slating us. Just because your 'elite' buddies quit early as usual, and didnt stick it out, as usual, that makes us poor players and a poor tribe does it? I would back our guys to do well on any world. We may not have all these so called elite players, but we have a damn good bunch of players who would fight to the last spear for each other.

Id have that over the ego bunch any day.

Ade - we never really fought W1N on W1, T4H were our main enemy. Our reasons for leaving W1 are well documented, and can be found on the W1 forums if you really fancy reading them. Everyone has their own definition of doing well, but those who were in KnK and those who fought us will know we fought very well.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
that is true, but the strong stay and the weak disappear

Awful logic.

Explain to me exactly how getting bored less easily makes someone a better player.

I'm not talking about how it potentially makes them an useful tribe member, I'm speaking directly in terms of skill. I want to see how you're going to argue that if I get bored and hit delete right now that everyone in this world that grows past 130,000 points in the future is more skilled than I am.

DeletedUser

I did not say weak, as in unskiled, but the players with a strong commitment and drive to see the world though will, and to me this is being a strong player, not matter how much things dont go your way you dont hit delete, but you stand your ground and those that delete when things dont go there way, even a player with 889 villages hit the delete button the other day as he was being oped on, and to me this is being weak minded and showing no commitment and no respect to the tribe he was in, ok sometime rl gets in the way but people hind behind it to much though the worlds

also if i want to say unskilled leave, i would of said
Only the skilled stay and the unskilled disappear

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I did not say weak, as in unskiled, but the players with a strong commitment and drive to see the world though will, and to me this is being a strong player, not matter how much things dont go your way you dont hit delete

I think it's more the case that good players often hit delete when things go too much their way.

When no one fights back in a coordinated fashion the game isn't exactly a whole lot of fun.

DeletedUser

so your saying tribe like KNK, TFF, WC :), W1N should just all hit delete as there is no real competition apart from the odd tribe,, sometimes pride is powerful thing, you dont seem to stick at worlds, you might play under a different name if you do i apologise but this is the first world you seem to have had conquers on and have stuck at, we all have our own views all though everyone has to agree with yours it seems

DeletedUser

I think it's more the case that good players often hit delete when things go too much their way.

When no one fights back in a coordinated fashion the game isn't exactly a whole lot of fun.

Totally agree when players get to large to quick it becomes one sided and then the fun drops out the game. its the same with tribes. you may have a fantastic group of players in your tribe but at some point you reach that magic marker wehn other tribes fold.

I have played four worlds now with some of the best tribes and players. W1N on world 1 had some amazing players alot from .net tribes

but world 1 went the same way as w2 tribes got to large and with them worlds not having an end alot of the better players left to find new challenges on other worlds.

and someone saying i am a better player than you because i have more points is rubbish. you need to look at thinks like milestones, and records. person who took most villages in one day but not barbs.

many wars go on and on with no end and alot of tribes disband due to inactivity rather than bad players.

this is still a game at the end of the day and if its no longer fun to play whats the point in staying?

when it becomes a strain players move to new worlds and new challages

tb505 (tempest55)

w1 legion/orc/DOA
w2 DOGS
W8 DOGS (Duke)
w10 DOGS (Duke)

Nauzhror

Reaction score
so your saying tribe like KNK, TFF, WC :), W1N should just all hit delete as there is no real competition apart from the odd tribe

I'm not saying "they should". I'm just saying I wouldn't blame them for doing so. The game is all afterall, just that, a game. The goal should be fun, if it's not fun when there's no challenge then I don't see why someone would continue to play despite that.

And yes, pride can be a powerful thing, but I'd rather pride myself on being one of the most highly skilled players and enjoy playing the game than continue playing after I am bored. End of the day I play for my own personal enjoyment, and not to impress other people.

chaz55 said:
you dont seem to stick at worlds, you might play under a different name if you do i apologise but this is the first world you seem to have had conquers on and have stuck at

Mmm, I rarely play past 10 villages, but definitely played past nobles on previous uk worlds:

http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk2/index.php?page=player&id=98237
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk6/index.php?page=player&id=303359
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk7/index.php?page=player&id=385480

And wasn't particularly challenged much on any of them and had several milestones on all of them during the short time I played on them:

UK2: First to 10 villages (probably had other milestones in theory as well, but Thargoran only posted things people were first to there rather than second or third as well)

UK6:
1st to 1k points, 10k points, 250k OD, lc, mounted arch, nobles, and 1000 plunders
2nd to 2 villages, 100k ODD, and 10 awards
3rd to 3k points, and 1k ODA

UK7:
1st to 1k points, 3k points, scouts, and hc
2nd to 10k points

The UK6 account is the only account on any .uk world to have doubled rank 2 at startup to the best of my knowledge. While I might not generally stick around past startup, I definitely know what it's like to have people be absolute push overs and not fight back.

chaz55 said:
we all have our own views all though everyone has to agree with yours it seems

Where exactly have I said everyone has to agree with me?

DeletedUser3642

Measure of success and ability isn't defined by who did something first - or even who did it fastest, longest or the most. Infact i'd go as far as saying that if someone playing is TW and judging their competitors purely on their "1sts", then TW isn't the game for them. Perhaps darts, pickup sticks, or some PS3 game may suit them better. Of course TW is going to be boring if all you judge it on is whether your axe is bigger than someone elses, and who trained up their pony's the fastest.

I've debated elsewhere on the forum what an 'elite' player is and isn't, and I would put anyone that falls into that category definitely outside of that elite bracket - as all they have proven is that they were once good, and now get bored very easily. I'd like to see any such player stick a world out from start to finish once they've labled themselves with that 'elite' title.

Each world has its own challenges, some are easier than others - but the skill is in manipulating the world into a state where it is easy, and then finding a way to retain all of your skilled members so that they don't get bored.

CF - TuToR were in a terrible state even before you left W7. The aim was to TuToR players - and in my view it was a complete failure, as the region in which TuTor resided, was filled with more incompetent players than i've seen anywhere else on the map... The positioning of the TuToR was vastly over stretched, and clearly point whoring, and fell apart within days of tribes actually turning on them simply due to the fact that the whole tribe was a mess from the outset. It was never designed to be a sustainable tribe. Mass recruiting to gain "students" does not give you the right to say:
No offence to either tribe but they are only rank 1 because the dominant tribe on both worlds quit.

Anyone can mass recruit...

DeletedUser6695

Erm what?

On w7 TuToR was a well run tribe that dominated with ease considering the vast majority of the tribe were learning(myself included). TuToR only fell apart after Ade and the rest of the teachers quit, the dukes assigned fought amonst themselves and ruined the tribe.

Your point on our spread is nonsense as is the pointwhore statement so I won't even bother discussing them.

DeletedUser3642

8th February...
1 TuToR 1.031.712 points 63 members
2 KnK 832.194 points 59 members

14th February...
KnK only 14k behind TuToR

15th February....
The 'elite' decide to quit.... (as KnK are getting too close now... )

TuToR's growth ceased on 19th February, reaching a massive 1.1 million points.

KnK took Rank 1 on........... 15th February and have held it since.

Now I don't know about you..... but I don't think you can really call that dominating by TuToR, even if the dates can be disupted +/-1 day

DeletedUser

8th February...
1 TuToR 1.031.712 points 63 members
2 KnK 832.194 points 59 members

14th February...
KnK only 14k behind TuToR

15th February....
The 'elite' decide to quit.... (as KnK are getting too close now... )

TuToR's growth ceased on 19th February, reaching a massive 1.1 million points.

KnK took Rank 1 on........... 15th February and have held it since.

Now I don't know about you..... but I don't think you can really call that dominating by TuToR, even if the dates can be disupted +/-1 day

Because judging by the last 2 weeks of a tribes existence is always a good way to do it.

DeletedUser3642

I'm just making a point that CF has no right or basis to take away from our success on W7 by stating that the only reason we're there is because the "elite" quit TuToR. I'm showing that despite the fact that the "elite" were in TuToR, they were not dominating as claimed, the tribe was poorly set up and the worlds result would have been unaffected had the "elite" decided to stay.

so - are you also saying that its important to be the first in everything, the first to win a race, the first to build your villages to 9k, the first to build a full nuke? and stuff the fact that the infrastructure around you is a complete sham? I will repeat what I said before: The measure of success is not of the individuals ability to win short term goals - that bits easy. Its the holding things together and manipulating a worlds tribes to your master plan which takes the tactics and the skill.
TW is not a race - its a game of tactics. I'm surprised more people don't realise that?

DeletedUser6695

Your basing your claim to fame on the fact KnK caught up when everyone quit?

Cool story bro...how about showing stats when we were active?

Your claim that KnK would be rank 1 if TuToR had stayed and been active is rubbish.

DeletedUser

Having just been on the other end of a KnK op, I can safely say that they exceeded the organisation I saw from TuToR.

Yes, there were good players in TuToR, but a tribe is not just about how many '1337' players you can cram into it, it's about communication, loyalty and staying power. If a player quits due to anything other than real life, I class them as weak-willed, and therefore inferior in a sense.

DeletedUser

I'm not saying "they should". I'm just saying I wouldn't blame them for doing so. The game is all afterall, just that, a game. The goal should be fun, if it's not fun when there's no challenge then I don't see why someone would continue to play despite that.

And yes, pride can be a powerful thing, but I'd rather pride myself on being one of the most highly skilled players and enjoy playing the game than continue playing after I am bored. End of the day I play for my own personal enjoyment, and not to impress other people.

Mmm, I rarely play past 10 villages, but definitely played past nobles on previous uk worlds:

http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk2/index.php?page=player&id=98237
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk6/index.php?page=player&id=303359
http://www.twstats.co.uk/uk7/index.php?page=player&id=385480

And wasn't particularly challenged much on any of them and had several milestones on all of them during the short time I played on them:

UK2: First to 10 villages (probably had other milestones in theory as well, but Thargoran only posted things people were first to there rather than second or third as well)

UK6:
1st to 1k points, 10k points, 250k OD, lc, mounted arch, nobles, and 1000 plunders
2nd to 2 villages, 100k ODD, and 10 awards
3rd to 3k points, and 1k ODA

UK7:
1st to 1k points, 3k points, scouts, and hc
2nd to 10k points

The UK6 account is the only account on any .uk world to have doubled rank 2 at startup to the best of my knowledge. While I might not generally stick around past startup, I definitely know what it's like to have people be absolute push overs and not fight back.

Where exactly have I said everyone has to agree with me?

not sure what doubled rank 2 means :s

but

Although your start up record is impressive, how do you expect a serious challenge, when most players have 6-8 villages. Are they likely to waste all there hard work attacking the biggest player around, aor are they more likely to try and grow for the long term.

I mean seriously, what kind of Op do you expect a tribe with maybe 100 villages in total to put on you at that stage of the game, you might get 20 incomings, hardly difficult to deal with.

You may get bored easily, but I just wonder how much of it is a reason to not be on a world, when there's a chance you could be on the end of an op where there's 1000 nukes landing on you in a day....