5 attacks per second... NOT ATTACKS

• Thread starter AssasinatedNoOb
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Now, I can understand this in fairness and to stop bots.
However, a tribemate of mine has come under fire. A noble train is incomming. Fired using the 'T train' method, it is a 8ms train.

They attempted to snipe this train using the 'T' method themselves, setting up a large number of tabs in an attempt to defend their village.
However,
No more than 5 Attacks may be send per second.

May I make a point that the game clearly states 5 Attacks.
Support is not an 'Attack'.

Since T Trains and virtually un-snipable trains are allowed, why are we not allowed to have a means to attempt to better defend ourselves?

The game states Attacks. Not Commands. Support is a command, not an attack.

Can we please have this restriction removed from the game for support?
Or at least have it re-worded as it a misrepresentation of the rules of the game.

DeletedUser

It's hard-coded into the game I believe and cannot be removed. (?)

DeletedUser6603

All you can do is hope you catch the train early enough to give yourself as many snipe attempts as possible. The rest is a little bit of luck and a little bit of judgement......

DeletedUser

i agree with the original poster, there shouldn't be any restriction on frequency of support commands.

DeletedUser

I agree with second poster mainly because it's hard-coded into the game and if you can't do attacks so it would be the same for support. :icon_cool:

DeletedUser5915

Thats a very sweeping statement for someone who has little knowledge of the coding of the game...

As for the 5 attacks per second rule? Although I see where you are coming from, I think allowing more than 5 supports per second would just make sniping too easy, allowing players to just send endless waves of support until one splits the train, which isn't really fair on the attacker, even if they are sending very quick trains ;)

DeletedUser5915

There's a question mark! :icon_cry:

I agree with second poster mainly because it's hard-coded into the game and if you can't do attacks so it would be the same for support. :icon_cool:

Sorry, I meant over both your posts. I don't think you should say something as if it is fact when you don't know it to be true, thats all.

DeletedUser

I am with Noob on this one.

Attackers get to do t trains and repeat them at their leisure until they get it spot on. Defenders get a very limited window, whether they get a couple of chances or not.

Activity and skill not quality of internet connection and availability at a particular moment should be the judges of success. Its easy to work around if you know what you are doing but sniping is much too difficult to achieve in practise when you have a real life to lead. This restriction alienates and prejudices the average player, who pays premium to get a fair playing field.

Apart from anything the language of the rules allows it. The code however does not because it does not differentiate between support and attack. I anticipate it would be simple to change in fact if it were looked into and a benefit to the majority of players.

If T Trains or other similar attacker advantages are not to be excluded (because they can't be) then the balance would be to allow this. Bots would be detectable so if the programme cannot be made to differntiate then the 5 per second should be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most of the advantages in this game are headed towards Defending players already.

DeletedUser

Actually Radarrr that's late game, this is early game.
Late game, the ball swings to the defensive players due to sheer stacking making impenatrable walls whereas early on offence builds so much quicker and will smash any defence, and will then re-build faster to smash whatever is left over.

However, 5 attacks per second, meh you shouldn't be sniping like that IMO, sniping is skill not luckily trying to support 5times over.

Besides, the attacks are split by 100MS each I believe, a 300MS window is more than enough surely?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nauzhror

Reaction score
Besides, the attacks are split by 100MS each I believe, a 300MS window is more than enough surely?

On Worlds 1-4 there's no attack gap. The OP clearly stated the issue was a 5 ms train.

Thats a very sweeping statement for someone who has little knowledge of the coding of the game...

Would you prefer I make the comment then? :icon_confused:

Radarr's right. It's hard-coded into the game. It could be changed by a developer, but not by any member of the uk staff as it's not a configurable setting. The attack and support gaps are, but not the number of commands which can be sent in a second. The best way to get requests to the actual game's coding is to post on http://forum.beta.tribalwars.net as developers more frequently check that version's forums for ideas/bugs/reuests.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Actually Radarrr that's late game, this is early game.
Late game, the ball swings to the defensive players due to sheer stacking making impenatrable walls whereas early on offence builds so much quicker and will smash any defence, and will then re-build faster to smash whatever is left over.

However, 5 attacks per second, meh you shouldn't be sniping like that IMO, sniping is skill not luckily trying to support 5times over.

I've always found it quicker to build defense? Not sure what the statistics are for it though.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I've always found it quicker to build defense? Not sure what the statistics are for it though.

Nope, a nuke does indeed build much faster than a defensive build assuming equal barracks and stable levels. Rebuilding of course is another story as it depends on the particular offense and defense, and the losses involved. Spears are the fastest building infantry unit, but swords and archers build slower than axes. HC also builds slower per population than lc do. (HC are 6 population but take twice as long to build as the 4 population lc does making 8 pop build in the stable for offense in the same time 6 does for defense.)

DeletedUser

Any chance this post can be copied there?
Or can it only be moved.

[th]Sorry, the forums are not connected to each other, so you will have to post it there. Just link to this thread within your suggestion/question over there, the developers should follow cross-references.[/th]

DeletedUser

I dont think the rules permit 8ms trains...I thought 140ms was the limit...

Or was it a typo?

Nauzhror

Reaction score
I dont think the rules permit 8ms trains...I thought 140ms was the limit...

Or was it a typo?

The "limit" depends on the world in question's ms gap. W1-4 have no train speed limit. No world has ever had, or ever could have had a 140 ms train limit though as 140 isn't divisible by three.