5 attacks per second... NOT ATTACKS

• Thread starter AssasinatedNoOb
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Now, I can understand this in fairness and to stop bots.
However, a tribemate of mine has come under fire. A noble train is incomming. Fired using the 'T train' method, it is a 8ms train.

They attempted to snipe this train using the 'T' method themselves, setting up a large number of tabs in an attempt to defend their village.
However,
No more than 5 Attacks may be send per second.

May I make a point that the game clearly states 5 Attacks.
Support is not an 'Attack'.

Since T Trains and virtually un-snipable trains are allowed, why are we not allowed to have a means to attempt to better defend ourselves?

The game states Attacks. Not Commands. Support is a command, not an attack.

Can we please have this restriction removed from the game for support?
Or at least have it re-worded as it a misrepresentation of the rules of the game.

I see your point, it shouldn't technically be against the rules. or at least the WORDING of the rules should be different.

I really don't see how this rule would affect your ability to snipe.

1. You should pretty much know your snipe times from all your other villages. You have the advantage on defense of being able to practice this.

2. You should have a good idea of your lag time... Like I say, practice.

4. Aside from the above points, I want to point out the T-method provides a .300 train everytime (.400 for a 5 command train), attacking OR supporting. It will do your buddy NO LOGICAL GOOD to be able to send extra attacks above 5. Because no more then 4 supports launched with the T-train method can possibly land withing a 5 attack train window. (Or 3 supports with a 4 attack train.)

P.S. It has ALWAYS been a rule no more then 5 attacks were allowed a second. U sed to get this message while bookmark farming on UK4.

DeletedUser

The "limit" depends on the world in question's ms gap. W1-4 have no train speed limit. No world has ever had, or ever could have had a 140 ms train limit though as 140 isn't divisible by three.

On .net, at least, we have a rule that two attacks by a player cant be sent with a gap of less than 140 milliseconds in between the two, because less than that would mean a bot or an illegal script.

DeletedUser

On .net, at least, we have a rule that two attacks by a player cant be sent with a gap of less than 140 milliseconds in between the two, because less than that would mean a bot or an illegal script.

urm no, the only attack gaps are 33, 50, and 100 ms (for a total of 99, 150, and 300ms trains)

Nauzhror

Reaction score

I suggest you acquaint yourself with .net's rules. Simply put, no, that's not the rules on .net.

.net has a variable called attack_gap that determines how many milliseconds are manually put between each attack. You cannot send an illegal train on any .net world because depending on the value of attack_gap on each individual world the attacks are spaced out by the server automatically. Most .net worlds have attack_gap of 50, meaning that most worlds allow trains with 150 ms between the first and fourth noble.

urm no, the only attack gaps are 33, 50, and 100 ms (for a total of 99, 150, and 300ms trains)

Not true actually, HP has a 15 ms attack gap, and that attack gap can be any size.

DeletedUser

Fair enough - if it can't be changed then ok but when opportunity arises could the wording of the rule be cleaned up?

DeletedUser

Fair enough - if it can't be changed then ok but when opportunity arises could the wording of the rule be cleaned up?
[th]Which rule's wording? UK never had any rule about how fast a string of commands may be. The "5 commands per second from the same origin" is implemented ingame. It's a game mechanic, which doesn't need to be added to the rules as there cannot be any violation of it. [/th]

DeletedUser

The ingame warning message needs to be re-worded to 'commands' not 'attacks' in order for the game to accurately reflect its design.
At the moment, there is one of 2 issues:
1. The wording is very poor.
2. Sending support faster then 5 per second should be allowed.

Either way, something needs to change.

DeletedUser

The ingame warning message needs to be re-worded to 'commands' not 'attacks' in order for the game to accurately reflect its design.
At the moment, there is one of 2 issues:
1. The wording is very poor.
2. Sending support faster then 5 per second should be allowed.

Either way, something needs to change.

[th]I've edited the ingame wording ages ago (roughly the day, when this thread started). But translation updates become just active, if Inno's running an update on them. [/th]

DeletedUser

How is it possible to get such a fast train without cheating though? My first instinct would be to report this train.

Nauzhror

Reaction score
How is it possible to get such a fast train without cheating though? My first instinct would be to report this train.

Several ways. Which way is best for you depends on the browser you use.

No train should ever be reported. There are no rules regarding the speed of trains.

Instead there are settings that make the server itself enforce train speed limitations. No speed that is allowed by the game to be sent is against the rules.