6.1 Update Discussion

DeletedUser

[tt]All new worlds will have the new policy which means the minimum time for a 4 noble train will be 400ms.[/tt]
Probably going to be discussed the most...

Will be interesting I guess.

And;
[tt]- Added Sitter Chronic in player settings shows history of account sitting[/tt]

^^Will probably help to root out spies :3

DeletedUser4147

AHH 400ms, it'll be an effort to slow down to that :icon_cry:

Will have to stick to 1st 4 UK worlds :lol:

DeletedUser

Stupid. I'm just saying but 50ms between each noble is way too easy to snipe.

DeletedUser

That noble rule is just plain stupid tbh. That means it's going to take effort not to make them go too fast which I don't want to do. I understand a limit like 50ms or 150ms but 400ms? I want to enjoy this game, see how fast I can get them - not sit there trying to make sure I don't get under 400ms. :icon_cry:

DeletedUser4

[tt]I have slightly reworded what i stated

The system will impose a 100ms time gap between attacks so this means a train will be 300 ms.

[/tt]

DeletedUser

Thats nice in a way I guess if the system fixes it for you, now i wonder if people will stick to the noble trains or time 4 noble attacks to hit on the same time. btw can we expect there to be more trusted member forums in the future? Its a great idea for setting up squads and could root out spys much faster.

DeletedUser

.co.uk Was not here when they first implemented the .150 rule.

The uproar over that was hilarious, players like me that had perfected trains down to .060 trains and many more like me whom have done the same thing, I have been playing this game more than 3 years and the way it keeps changing just annoys many players.

All these rules does is make crap players better and good players average, makes players feel like they have wasted alot of time playing the game.

Bad idea imo.

DeletedUser

.co.uk Was not here when they first implemented the .150 rule.

The uproar over that was hilarious, players like me that had perfected trains down to .060 trains and many more like me whom have done the same thing, I have been playing this game more than 3 years and the way it keeps changing just annoys many players.

All these rules does is make crap players better and good players average, makes players feel like they have wasted alot of time playing the game.

Bad idea imo.

I agree with this statement. I think the talented and superior players who devotedly play this game are being ignored by INNOGAMES in favour of incompetent players (noobs) who get destroyed by those better than them.

The amusing thing is, most of these noobs couldn't snipe a 300ms train, so I don't see why this rule will help them. Could INNOGAMES explain their logic behind limiting noble trains? Other than perhaps, increasing the frustration of late-game players as all their trains get sniped by their enemy, and they have to spend an endless day of sniping? I think this will make valuable premium users quit. All for the potential possibility of some noobs surviving a week longer than they usually would.

I would advise that the noble train rule be an setting that can be chosen. In the same way that the fake limit can or cannot apply to certain worlds, the noble train rule should have that option.

Warnings could be given when joining new worlds saying "If you are an inexperienced player, try joining the "noble train speed limit" world setting".

Ofc, I see the futility of posting this thread, cause I doubt INNOGAMES will notice it, but I just wanted to make a point that I (and I speak for the majority of TW who *can* snipe, and are gd players) think this rule is plan stupid, but we accept that some noobs *need* a chance like this to flourish and barb-whore, so it would be more sensible for the noble train speed limit to not be in place in certain worlds, and in place in others. That way, good players can still be elite.

(P.S. UK1-UK4 will be the best worlds on this server, because of the non-implementation of this rule!)

~Adellion

DeletedUser

Ghetto Girl and Adellion are both right and wrong.

Well you're right - I've played this game for a few years and all these changes are bad (churchs For The Loss!)

But, they make money from more players and noobs who will buy Premium without knowing what it does (First hand experience here). Do you really think InnoGames care what us oldies think when there is money in the picture...

DeletedUser

Ghetto Girl and Adellion are both right and wrong.

Well you're right - I've played this game for a few years and all these changes are bad (churchs For The Loss!)

But, they make money from more players and noobs who will buy Premium without knowing what it does (First hand experience here). Do you really think InnoGames care what us oldies think when there is money in the picture...

Hmm... but the British and European markets are capitalist and based on the concept of consumer sovereignity. Hence the "consumer" is always right.

We consume more premium than noobs, we therefore are more right than them, and our views should be respected above those who are too rubbish to play this game.

DeletedUser

Hmm... but the British and European markets are capitalist and based on the concept of consumer sovereignity. Hence the "consumer" is always right.

We consume more premium than noobs, we therefore are more right than them, and our views should be respected above those who are too rubbish to play this game.

Keyword there: Should... It's not happening.

DeletedUser

The ms rule is absolute nonsense.

It completely demotivates experienced players to even bother.

Sniping 300ms is like taking candy from a baby. I was already disappointed when I found out about the 150ms on .net, so I signed up here a bit later, since it didn't have the rule. And now...now you implement something worse.

I can understand they want the game to be more newb-friendly, but surely that should not be at the expense of the experienced players.

I mean, it's like Innogames are trying to make this game as effortless as possible. The people who actually had an edge through talent and experience are now losing it due to lame rules at the expense of newbs who might not even buy premium or play for longer than a few weeks.

Oh and just a note for innogames. This will have the opposite effect.

Experienced players will become more and more protective over their tactics and experience. They'll become reluctant to share what they know and thus maintain the gap between themselves and newbs that way. There's no point in playing it for a long time if experience is worthless, so they'll attempt to keep it as valuable as possible since they put a lot of time and probably money into this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have to disagree with HotFusion (and most of the other contributors) here. "The people who actually had an edge through talent and experience are now losing it due to lame rules" - surely there is far more to your game than just hitting 2-enter very quickly!?!? The more bias towards strategy, psychology and intrigue the better, in my opinion. But then I like churches, so....

DeletedUser

Losing advantages one by one is basically what's happening. Churches is one of them... You can't aggressively noble longrange and hold villages easily on churchworls as much as you can on normal worlds. I mean, taking them is pretty much the same, but you'll lose them quite swiftly unless you stack high amounts of defense. The only upside on churches (imo) is that it might encourage teamwork a bit more (if you take all, then they'll have nothing to take their villages back with xD)

And just for the record, I don't use the method you mentioned, so yes it is skill and yes it is experience. It is one of the tactics I only shared with a few and which few decided to use. It's a lot more tricky to time but yields better results. I obviously won't publish what it is, especially not now...

The cat weapon, though great when you can use it to defend, less fun to attack someone using it to defend. Yes, it is only one village, but the amount of defense freed up by that village that is as good as secure is not to be underestimated. It allows the player to move their defense around more. Though this is great on the defensive perspective, it's not so thrilling for the attacking player who is yet again placed at the disadvantage.

Defending used to be an art. It used to be hard, labor intensive. Now it has become a joke and one of the reasons that certainly didn't stop me from quitting.

And MUCH, if not all, of the rules have a direct NEGATIVE impact on strategy, since many operations are based on exact timings. A more spread out nobletrain is less effective since it's easier to snipe and therefore operations will become less appealing. It's now becoming a RPG of Counter Strike: Spray & Pray...

You don't need to have played TW to know the psychology and intrigue that much. Any game similar will do... :/ In fact, some might not even have played any game like this to already know how one would react.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4

A more spread out nobletrain is less effective since it's easier to snipe and therefore operations will become less appealing.

[tt]Im only picking on one part for now and would just like to say that yes it is easier to snipe if you personally send the nobletrain, but these settings will also increase the amount of teamwork as they can be 10ms apart or less if four people were to send the nobles at a village.

When i first started playing this game, when scripts were hardly used teamwork made the game, when scripts came along the teamwork side of the game for a high percentage of players also started to disappear. Yes there are still tribes who can plan and work together but for many they end up playing a very solo game. This game is about tribes not individuals winning wars so I for one like this setting as I hope it will bring back some of the enjoyment i found when playing as one part of a tribe working with all my tribesmates to get the job done.

Add this is a personal opinion from me[/tt]