A bunch of people

DeletedUser9748

After all the talks, all the PnP, all the discussions about war,peace and love, in the end, this world is being played by a bunch of people. Without many words and long-reading posts, what is the most possible reason that only a few are still active in this world?

A) The Settings
B) It started Summer
C) The primary dominace of KTHX that scared them all
D) The lack of competition
E) Mancunian's half-naked pillow fight with Sparks
F) Other (please state your reason and avoid examples like (E) because we will get banned :p)

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
A) The speed... although I like the slow speed, the non-growing barbs loses a lot of the benefit of the slow speed... but it seems that many players want more action faster and hence like a faster speed... plus the long building time for a nuke means even 3 months in with tribes trying to war... the "action" doesn't last long as lost O troops can't be quickly replaced...

As for the others...

B) Seems like a lot of students play the game, so I would think that the summer would be a good time to start a world...
C) this hasn't been the first and won't be the last where one tribe dominates early game streaching into mid-game
D) Though there seems to be a lot less players on this server and the overall quality is a lot lower as demostrated by me getting into the top 20 I think there is competition out there if your willing to do whatever it takes to find it, even if that means risking being rimmed...
E) All I can say was that Sparks started it... Fortunately I wasn't drunk enough to make it a full monty pillow fight...

DeletedUser

I believe the answer would be A for the most part, many dislike the 0.5 speed, newbs think that faster is better.

But my own reason would be F):
UK servers are getting less and less players join them now than say, when UK1 was released so this decline is the reason for such a small world and hence competition.

DeletedUser8288

A the settings are the main reason me thinks however E would scare anyone into quitting a world :icon_eek:

DeletedUser6212

Would have to be A i think although i like the settings-but then again i'm just lazy

DeletedUser

, the non-growing barbs loses a lot of the benefit of the slow speed...

This is actualy why I stayed, I like non growing barbs, means people have to actualy attack players!!

And when talking to people in the early days it was mainly the slow build times ect that made them get bored and leave.

Theres nearly always a start up B3ast tribe in every world so dont think it was that.

Also (trying to not get infracted) I think there were new tools the mods used in this world so lost a greater percentage to bans. That may or may not be true however.

DeletedUser

I wasnt going to join because start date was in and around exams.

Maggie Wallis

Reaction score
This is actualy why I stayed, I like non growing barbs, means people have to actualy attack players!!

Not really it doesn't.... you just noble the villages of the players that quit or the players that don't farm enough to build troops...

DeletedUser117

A) The Settings
Its funny how most people loved the settings, Found here. Then it was even funnier that the start up players started crying how slow the world was and how boring. Most quit to find faster settings (probably so they can quit due to it taking up too much time)
Dominance of KTHX was probbaly putting a lot of people off, esp when at its height it was 3 times the size of rank 2. No one thought they had a chance to cull them a bit. Forum spam was another thing that annoy some users.
F) Other (please state your reason and avoid examples like (E) because we will get banned :p)
Probably the fact that the lack of competition will always drive people away to .net. the ones that stay are usually good in this area but will get blown away in .net.

DeletedUser

Not really it doesn't.... you just noble the villages of the players that quit or the players that don't farm enough to build troops...

Ahhhh but back in the early days when the world was young and the competition was high it made things more fun :)

DeletedUser

After all the talks, all the PnP, all the discussions about war,peace and love, in the end, this world is being played by a bunch of people. Without many words and long-reading posts, what is the most possible reason that only a few are still active in this world?

A) The Settings
B) It started Summer
D) The lack of competition
E) Mancunian's half-naked pillow fight with Sparks

A) I've personally loved the 0.5 speed through out the world, the only reason I stayed for 3 months. Most of the people who didn't know what 0.5 speed entails are either complaining about it, or have already quit. I love there was so much hype before the world about how people love speed 0.5, yet they go on to say it's too slow for them :icon_rolleyes: But the victory conditions were a reason several top members quit; the prospect of nobling 76 point barbs and building them up to 10k, over and over again isn't fun; whoever thinks it is needs to get out more.
D) Lack of competition will always be a problem, not just on this world, but on every future world too. This world had the ideal settings for several great players, but they still did not come back from retirement. I doubt any future Uk world will have any serious competition apart from a few "start up players" competiting for rank 1 during the first few weeks of every world.

DeletedUser

I'm sure when a tribe has nobled every player they will change the win if needed:)
Why do worlds have to end straight away? Whats wrong with a world taking a few years to end?

There are plenty of worlds for the quick fix look how good I am type player.

You point out no competition in the world yet there are players from 8 tribes in the top 20 at this stage that has to give many options for war.
That's a lot more than on any older world & nearly the same as W10