A general speed guide

DeletedUser

A general speed guide

This guide is written by me, TrAnxZ, orginally in norwegian for the .no players, if you would like to share it, please ask me first.
〜〜〜〜〜〜
≫Table of contents
A) Introduction
B) Startup
C) Quickbar

〜〜〜〜〜〜

More will come later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a) Introduction
Introduction to speed
Speed is just the same as normal tribal wars, except that the speed it self is much higher (obviously), and the victory requrements might differ, and in some rounds the buildings may be higher than normal tribal wars (some speeds you start with farm lvl 36).

Brief about this guide and me
This guide will, if you do everything it says, make you one of the first with noble (and train) and it will give you a decent amount of offansive troops which will make you able to noble rank 2 (as you should be rank 1). This guide does not go that into detail, as much of what you do differ from round to round and experience is what makes you see what to do. You can learn a certain abount from reading guides, and seek new knowledge, but everything needs to be repeated and learned in-game aswell. I'm not the best speed player in the world, but I am also far from the worst, and when playing a normal n1 startup I'm usually rank 1-3 with close to a full nuke and noble train (if coins). I'm a norwegian in-game admin, aswell as player. I also play the .uk classic (Doctor Strangler) and I played the .no classic (Session Expired). I have played TribalWars for 4 years on TrAnxZ, and I have been an active speed player for 1 year being a member of the norwegian speed team WySoSe (Why So Serious?). Now I'm also teamcaptain for Norway during Speed Championship 2012.

DeletedUser

b) Startup
The start-up phase is extremely important, in a quite short speed round (>6h). To succeed alone you have to start with offansive troops, and build LC/axe. What's important is to have most offansive troops of all the players, and be first to reach nobleman/nobletrain. There are sevral types of start (n1, n2, n3, n4). This guide will use a n1 start (56 points) as that's what I use to play. I don't have that many screenshots from rounds that cna be used, but I have a few, one from a speed championship match between .no and .id and a couple from a .net speed I played in february.

To use this guide the following is required:
  • The winner of the round is the one with most points
  • Premium Account
  • Farm assistant
  • That you have your full concentration ingame
  • Fingers that can take som pressing of buttons on your keyboard.
  • That you allways farm

Farm and warehouse is built after what you require. Remember to have a high enough warehouse, as you will get extremely much resources after a while due to farming. The resource pits we simply don't build.

When you start it's just to sit and build some buildings (make sure that the resource pits are lvl 1/constructed):
  • HQ 2
  • HQ 3
  • Barracks 1
  • 120 spearmen
It's important that you don't do anything else, than building spearmen and farming the closest barbs. By using farm assistant you attack the closest 4-5 barbs, to get them into FA, and you attack them with 30 or 50 spear. You farm with these spearmen and build spear only untill you have 130 of them. Then you do this:
  • HQ 3->10
  • Barracks 1->5
  • Smithy 1->5
  • Stable 1->3
While doing this, farm! We need resourecs! Don't get axe or scouts, go directly to LC.

In this stage rank means nothing. When I played the .no vs .id match, I was rank 25 (out of 40) with 130 spear, and when I built those buildings and reached LC first I was rank 1 in one update. But again - rank does not matter, it's what you do next that matter.

Now you'll need fingers that can take some pressing of buttons. Because now it's time for LC whoring and farming! You should not build a single building except market (to lvl 4/5), farm and warehousew! You should build LC untill you have a constant queue in the stable for over 1 minute. And than you should have over 200 LC. Take 40 spear as the A-button in FA, and 5/10/15/20/25 LC as the B-button (depends on number of LCs), and farm! 120/3=40, that's why you should have 130 spear, as 1-2 often dies in each run due to wall ect. When you reach 250 LC you stop using those boring spearmen, and only farm with LCs. I can not express myself well enough about how important it is to farm and only build LCs. When playing the .net round shown pictures from later I was down to rank 100 when LC whoring. Also remember to increase the area of the map you farm. When reaching 500 LCs I usually farm all the barbs on the world. Again, this is something which varies from round to round. If those close to you are full of resources you don't need to travell even further for the same amount of resources.

When the queue in the stable is constant without any stops, you can start producing axe as it's important to have a nuke when your train is ready. Next you only upgrade stable and HQ, aswell as the warehouse and farm which will have to be build quite often. Usually I have farm as every secound of third building upgraded, and change between HQ and stable.

• HQ is built to build other buildings quickly, and you should build HQ to between 23 and 28. I usually go for 26. I have both chosen 20 and 30 before aswell, this because HQ level should be different from round to round.
  • Stable is built to get quicker production of LCs. You build your stable to lvl 18. (You should also get your rax up to lvl 12.)

Here's a screenshot from the .no vs .id match
Skjermbilde2012-03-14kl155131.png

Now smithy is next, get it from 5->20, while building farm and workshop (when smithy is >lvl 9). Remember to get some rams. And farm like you've never farmed before. I usually have 10 pages in FA, sitting clicking constantly with upgrades and recruiting as my only break. Remember to still have constant queues!

Here's a screenshot from a .net speed startup, here you can see how the stable/HQ has a high lvl whilst building the last few upgrades to the smithy.
Skjermbilde2012-02-10kl204156.png

When you reach academy there are two different ways to play depending on what kind of academy there is.;
  1. There is goldcoins - In that case you farm so that you get a nobletrain, which should not take more than 2-3 minutes with the number of LCs you now should have. The next thing to do is to noble rank 2 (if it's not your friend or he/she has lots of friends you know have def to support him/her). Open 4 tabs in your browser with 50 LCs and 1 noble, then the village you're nobling, and than all your off troops minus 200 LC. Send the 4 nobles with the 200 lcs as a train, and time the nuke in front (>100 ms is enough on speed). Concratulations with a very nice new village, and to have the two biggest villages so far.
  2. There is packages - get academy lvl 3, and get 3 nobles. Find the biggest village which is not to far away from you. Send 3 nobles as a train with 50 LCs in each attack, and time your nuke in front. Expect to be backtimed and dodge this using your dodgescript (shown how to make in C). If you want some ODA aswell, backtime the backtime :) Send 2 or 3 nobles again (usually 2 unless something really strange happends), and noble the village. Build academy lvl 2 in that village and noble rank 2 (unless he/she is your friend).

Further on it is so induvidual from round to round that I don't bother writing a guide on all the different scenarios. Here experience will make you a good speed player :)

DeletedUser

C) Quickbar
In the quickbar the following is nice to have:
  • Dodgescript to a village 10 secounds away
  • Dodgescript to a village 30 secounds away
  • Dodgescript to a village >60 secounds away
  • Direct link to your tribes members
  • Direct link to your enemys village list, or enemy tribes memberlist
  • The allready excisting links to stable/barracks/HQ/academy

You make the dodgescrit by attacking a village that you can see is x secounds away your village. Number of troops means nothing. When reading the report you copy the "attack again with all troops" and move the report to archive to avoid it being deleted. Then you put the copied link into the quickbar and call it "dodge x", where x is the number of secounds it is away from your village with your slowest unit. When you press it later it will take you to the confirmation page where you send out all the troops in your village. By also having t-train in your keyboard settings, you will be able to send it by pressing t as the "ok" box automatically will be marked. You easily dodge >0.5 sec backtimes using this. There are even better ways, but I'll keep them as a secret for now.

Direct links are for quick sniping, support, backtiming and sending attacks. You could add some villages to favourites if they have a quite recognizable name.

The links to stable/rax/HQ is just to quickly navigate between these.

DeletedUser8489

Could you put the last bits of the guide in English seeing as it is the UK forum...

DeletedUser

I have translated my guide now, please allow some misspellings, as I wrote this for the .no forums, and I'm just 17 and English is a foreign language for me (allthough I've lived in Scotland now for 8 months :p).

DeletedUser3312

Get 90 spears, farm with 30. 130 is too much and isn't needed.
Rax should never be lower than 20 before nobles
Iron should always be a couple of levels higher than the rest of your pits, so you have a higher average of iron res.

when going for lc

it's smithy > barracks > Smithy > Barracks, as you will usually run out of res when trying to whore either barracks or smithy. Plus smithy takes longer to build, so you have more time to get the res.

when farming, up your market to level 4 and before lcs that market should be filled with iron offers.

DeletedUser8097

Get 90 spears, farm with 30. 130 is too much and isn't needed

This is false. 120-130 spears is the optimal amount, with farming groups of 40. The rest will replace the spears that die in the farm runs.

Listen to the guy with the guide, he knows what he's talking.

DeletedUser

Get 90 spears, farm with 30. 130 is too much and isn't needed.
Rax should never be lower than 20 before nobles
Iron should always be a couple of levels higher than the rest of your pits, so you have a higher average of iron res.

when going for lc

it's smithy > barracks > Smithy > Barracks, as you will usually run out of res when trying to whore either barracks or smithy. Plus smithy takes longer to build, so you have more time to get the res.

when farming, up your market to level 4 and before lcs that market should be filled with iron offers.

False, false and false.
Iron mine rush after LC is wrong. Building smithy/rax is also wrong. And you will not have time to search the market for offers; you should be busy farming, recruiting and building. Follow this guide, and you'll succeed.

DeletedUser269

This is false. 120-130 spears is the optimal amount, with farming groups of 40. The rest will replace the spears that die in the farm runs.

Listen to the guy with the guide, he knows what he's talking.

121 has always been my number for SP.

DeletedUser

No... 130. As you will loose some when farming 3(40) or 4(30) with FA, you will need more than 121.

DeletedUser6598

Great guide has really helped me. Started the current .net world a day and a half late to practice this in an un-competitive environment and have when i come out of sleepmode in the morning i expect to noble all the people who started the same time as me fairly fast. Built up half an nuke and ready to build academy in 3 hours of playing on and off.
For a player like me who isn't great at speed this has really opened my eyes to step up to fairly average. Another good thing is it makes your village a terrible farm for players like me who get cleared from time to time this is helpful.

DeletedUser8153

Only just seen this so will comment now.
There are some vital flaws with this guide, don't have time to go over anything in detail but will just outline them

1. I see no mention of axes, defence or any other troop for that matter besides LC. It really is not difficult to keep barracks queue constant aswell as the stable. Any decent startup should contain a certain amount of defence. Building no defence at all is completely stupid in 95% of cases, and should not be encouraged. Generally speaking, order of priority: Stable>Barracks>HQ

2. Noble rushing can work under certain circumstances, but again, should not be encouraged. I notice in one of your screen shots you are upgrading the smithy from level 16 - 20 with only 8000 population. This tactic will leave you with a very underdeveloped village and it is unlikely you will have enough offensive strength to take out a decent village as you wish to. (unless you are working well in a team). You go on to say that you should simply "noble rank 2" this is barbaric. The last thing you want to do when noble rushing is take on players with more or equal amount of troops to you.

The biggest village is not necessarily the best noble target.