A Little Bit of Spice, Very Little Nice

DeletedUser

Lets start this off with a little back story. I retired from the game on .net over a year ago and held true to staying away. But then, one fateful night not long ago a good mate of mine had a couple pleas that I could ignore no longer. And thus, I came to .co.uk inside the account Drhufflepuff as the Lovely Stephen's co-player.

What I saw was a shock. It was a dying tribe without a leader. Without hope. Then, the leaders returned and maybe there was a glimpse, just a bit. I couldn't tell for sure, the world was hazy. Barb noblers and people in it only for themselves everywhere. Disgusting.

A quelled rebellion and promotion later I found myself sitting alongside Stephen and Warlord9 on the DA council. Things began to look up from their bleak state. Not good by any means, but improvement was on the horizon. Then thunder struck. Frontline accounts quitting the minute they get attacked. Dukes deleting because they simply don't want to put in the effort to fix a bleeding host.

At that point it became clear. The cancer had taken hold. There was no saving this host. It was gone, rotting away before our very eyes. We decided the best way to cure the host was to put it in the ground and let it rot away far from us and we left.

We put in our time, we looked at our options, and came to a simple conclusion. A leadership who takes too long thinking and not acting was just as deadly as one who wasn't there. So we moved our eyes to an offer proposed to us. That offer wasn't very long lived for one simple reason. Who actually wants to be a part of a family tribe? Especially when you can't support between tribes.

Thus there was only one thing to do and that was to cause a little ruckus. Put a little spice in the food, and spark a bit of flair in this world.

So in conclusion, this song speaks to our thoughts. Time will tell how far we go but one thing is certain, we will do as we please until we reach the end of our time here.

[video=youtube;igNVdlXhKcI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNVdlXhKcI[/video]

Kind Regards,
~Repinski. Let's Marvin Gaye and get it on.

DeletedUser13755

That's my kind of midnight release! let's see what these coming months bring.

DeletedUser13734

Strongly agree with the poor state of this world.

Good luck gents : )

DeletedUser13755

After recent diplomacy talks, we have decided:

[video=youtube;8ESdn0MuJWQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ESdn0MuJWQ[/video]

DeletedUser

Some days are a little more interesting than others. I have to say, today has been on of those. Let the fun begin.

[video=youtube;JByDbPn6A1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JByDbPn6A1o[/video]

DeletedUser

This world is atrocious. Doesn't anybody have a spine anymore?!

[video=youtube;XwLLH9EZiqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwLLH9EZiqc[/video]

DeletedUser

Story Tellers

"Good evening kind madam/good sir. Allow me to take a moment of your time to tell you a story. This very well may be a tale you already know. A story you've heard once or twice before but with the character's names changed. Or, it may be an exciting and enticing read. Who am I to judge? I'm just the one telling the tale, not the ever so generous listener.

It all began several weeks ago when DA fell from what some would call glory. A tribe named S.C.O. benefited greatly from this fall from grace. At first they thought just a few, but then their coffers swelled and they got greedy and set their eyes on all the land. Taking in this player and that player, your brother your sister, hell even your crazy Uncle Sue was offered a place inside these glorious cities known as S.C.O. and S.C.O2.

When DA fell however S.C.O. were not the only ones to profit. A little tribe named Flair perked up and came into this world with a shout. They dropped a couple lines, hinted at what was to come and then went to the darkness to only whisper here and there as to what they were going to do.

Well SCO F. didn't like that this little rim tribe no longer wanted to join them so they decided to bully and threaten them into joining the fold."

*Another gentleman begins to tell the tale*

"After the first attempt to get Flair to join ended with foul words and invites sent to the tribe, they still remained. A strong yet humble group who had shown solidarity was now to be on the mind of S.C.O.'s leadership. Time after time the family asked to merge; time and time again they were rejected including a tribe wide vote: http://puu.sh/k04Vn/60477655a7.png.

When it was made clear that empty threats were not going to win Flair over they instead tried their hand at what they thought was diplomacy. Unfortunately thinking on this caliber proved to be a challenge when S.C.O2 not only offered impossible terms but also included "This agreement is binding between Flair and S.C.O2. Members in S.C.O. are not affected, or protected by this agreement. If they want diplo they can contact us" showing clear lack of communication between the two tribes.

Things were only made worse when this popped up during talks between Flair and S.C.O2."

[01/09/2015 22:15:19] Ruffus / Devilfish: the reason why I've contacted you is the same as before
[01/09/2015 22:15:22] Ruffus / Devilfish: to join us
[01/09/2015 22:15:34] Ruffus / Devilfish: no messing no chatting really
[01/09/2015 22:15:41] Ruffus / Devilfish: just a yes or no bud
[01/09/2015 22:15:55] Ruffus / Devilfish: last chance lol just incase you've had time to think about it
[01/09/2015 22:19:55] Stephen Chapman - DrHufflepuff: put it in tribal chat to get a better scope
[01/09/2015 22:24:12] Ruffus / Devilfish: kk bud
[01/09/2015 22:39:11] Stephen Chapman - DrHufflepuff: After asking them it seems the answer is no, sorry
[01/09/2015 22:39:34] Ruffus / Devilfish: ok bud have fun and remember its a game

"It was at this point Flair realized what SCO had become. A family tribe in a world where supporting outside of your tribe is prohibited is one thing. But when both sides have completely different leadership it is another all together."

"Not very nice now are they?" began the original story teller. "This began to concern the people who found solace in the little city known as Flair. You see the people who decided to make their home here weren't the feint of heart. They knew that starting a life here would not be easy and would bring many challenges. This concept though excited them for it promised to bring many rewards. Nobody can predict what will happen so long as there is a wild card in the mix.

Oh? You ask what the point of this tale is?"
*Lets out a deep laugh* "Well you see young one, that's the interesting part. Flair's gates are open to the public. Anyone is welcome to come visit and should they get approval from the elders they can even make their homes there! Now remember if you're interested in this offer that the elders of Flair are very old and they tend to do things quite traditionally. Some might even say secretively. Many of the old ways have been forgotten over the years but over the generations the elders of Flair were very careful to learn whatever they could and stay in touch with their roots. Some consider this a foolish act. Others are drawn to it."

*Ahem* interrupted a third man.

"However Flair are a different type, they aren't part of a family nor do they want to be part of one. They command a very open leadership, everything is run through the tribe and no one is left in the dark. Taking 2 days to reply to you, or spit in your face with a response just doesn't happen there. They are only here to forge their own path, a path to glory. Being dictated as to where they have to go or send support to isn't something that appeals to them. Yet despite all of this, they are happy to teach you anything that you want to know so long as you are happy to learn. teaching opportunities are also present should your knowledge base be suitable to doing so."

"Yes, yes, good point sir. I had almost forgotten." began the first gentleman once again.

Listener: "Sorry to interrupt, but can I ask a question?

"Why of course lad."

"Who are you?"

"Well I suppose there is no point in keeping it quiet any longer. After all, this chapter of the story is nearly over." said the first man with a laugh.

"The people who are familiar with me know me as Repinski and I am one of the three elders of Flair. I am a blunt, but honest man who will tell you what I actually think no matter the circumstance. The place that I hail from is a land known as Wisconsin in what most refer to as America. I enjoy a good chat here and there and most of my spare time is spent with my lovely pregnant girlfriend whom is giving me a child come October. What she sees in me I do not know for I tend to be one of those long winded sorts.

These two fine gentlemen who interrupted me weren't actually interruptions at all. It was all part of the story. For they are also elders of Flair."

"The names Stephen, veteran of the old world and after six years of campaigning in .net I have decided to test my steel on the uk servers. My experience not only brings the strength of wisdom but knowing what frailties lie with bad leadership.

If you get to know me you'll find a jester is at heart but make no mistake, I am not here to trifle but to be victorious whilst smiling."

"And I am the final elder of Flair going by the name of Will. I am more of a quiet one and behind the scenes type, I will give an honest opinion for any question. I come from a village near the Kings city of Leicester"

"Who we are on the other hand matters not, for our heart and soul belong to Flair. What matters is who they are and what they think about how we run our little city that seems to be growing ever so quickly. Why don't we ask them?

First I present to you this young man. He recently moved here from a distant land where his family wasn't welcome. He accepted the hard ships Flair contained and had this to say about his new home."

Robpottedplant said:
I have only been in the tribe a matter of weeks but I can already tell the leadership here is strong. The help, advice and general encouragement has been fantastic and the organisation of the leaders actual accounts seems brilliant. I very much like the way all decision seem democratic wen it comes to the direction the tribe goes in...but yet there is still no mistake in that we have people at the top of the chain.
I am probably quite bias because all I have received from leadership is help with growth and acceptance into a cool tribe...as I'm so small I havnt really been pushed into actions or asked to perform so obviously this leaves me with very little negativity about anything!

"This young lass has been here for a couple of weeks now and this is how she is finding things."

Soop said:
Well I like the fact you guys aren't stuck up your own arsed and do not act like jumped up mini Hitler. A lot of folk especially leaders forget ultimately most of us joined tw to have fun, sadly a lot of the time this has been forgotten, but you guys are strong leaders with great sense of humours, you help out without condicending the players. Yes we know we want to win but you want to do it with flair not robotic like lol.

"And finally I present to you this older gentleman. He's been with us for some time and has seen the twists and turns Flair has been through."

WillyWontey said:
I am happy with the current leadership. I was with DA and I found their leadership style to be very grating. All I was expected to do was provide support. The game became very boring. Flair's leadership is proactive and strategic. We are still young and I think that more needs to be done to co-ordinate attack ops a little better but it is improving.

"As you can clearly see who we are matters very little. It is them who matter. Without them there wouldn't be Flair.

Together, we are Flair. Together we are here to stay. You are welcome to join us, if you dare."

*The three men turn their backs and walk away. The only question remaining is this. Do you follow them?*

DeletedUser

Great tale :D
Rep given as it was well worth the time given to read it.

As you can clearly see who we are matters very little. It is them who matter. Without them there wouldn't be Flair.

Best part for me ^

DeletedUser

We are here to stay and here to fight the odds. People know where to find us if they want to earn their win and not take the easy way out.

Even if VODKA, VODKA., S.C.O., and S.C.O2 all got every village they own into a single tribe today, they still only have 60.7% dominance on an 80% dominance required world to win. There is so much time left in this world. People just need to realize that there are more options than the easy way out.